Ibanez JEM Forum banner

seller's regret

Tags
540r radius
7K views 38 replies 16 participants last post by  fuzzdemon 
#1 ·
See less See more
#9 ·
Here's another bit of trivia: That very guitar served as the basis for making this guitar:

That Fountain Blue Radius had a great shape to it (kudos to whomever did the hand sanding) so I used it to rough carve this body. I still used an oversized stylus so the whole carve had an extra 1/8" on it, which gave me the ability to control all the final shaping.

#17 ·
"your patience will be rewarded handsomely"- I don't know where that saying came from, but it always turns out to be true. And how lucky we are to have wive's that understand our need play.......... so many cannot say the same. congrats on your (future) Christmas present!! I'm excited for 'ya and wanna see pics when you get it.

Ryc

#18 ·
I had an RBM1 that had fairly worn frets but was one of the sweetest sounding and playing guitars I've owned. I just LOVED the 22 fret neck on it and the stock bridge pickup was awesome sounding. I had originally bought it because I told myself i would never get my hands on an RBM2NT.

Well one day I got a hold of an RBM2 for a low price for that guitar and then sold the RBM1 off partially to pay for it and partially because I figured why would I want an RBM1 around when I have the real mccoy? I completely regret getting rid of that guitar. The EMG pickups in the RBM2 are just the worst sounding pickups ever. So now I have an expensive RBM2 that just sits around as basically a collectors item.

#28 · (Edited)
i used to own this 550PN. two years ago sold it to a 16 year old kid.

it was all original ibanez, 1992 AANJ with V7 and V8. and then the kid drilled and put a sustainer. then he pulled out the sustainer and put in a railed dimarzio. the sustainer switches and extra knob is still intact.

why cant he just do the mods to cheaper RG? now he is SELLING it! no, i wont take her back. of course that the kid could do anything what he like to his property. but these screwing up mods?!

:sad:

PS: the pic on the right when it was mine. the left pic is today's condition

#31 ·
i used to own this 550PN. two years ago sold it to a 16 year old kid.

it was all original ibanez, 1992 AANJ with V7 and V8. and then the kid drilled and put a sustainer. then he pulled out the sustainer and put in a railed dimarzio. the sustainer switches and extra knob is still intact.

why cant he just do the mods to cheaper RG? now he is SELLING it! no, i wont take her back. of course that the kid could do anything what he like to his property. but these screwing up mods?!

:sad:

PS: the pic on the left when it was mine.
how does putting in a sustainer do anything other then mess up your pickgaurd? o_O

Modding RG's seems to come with the territory :p

#36 · (Edited)
Ok, I understand the flip-flop finish. But the guitar on the left appears to have two holes below the pickguard and another knob installed below the pickguard too. And just below the bridge, the letters "ELO" seem to appear. And the Edge on the left guitar appears to be cosmo chrome while the right guitar appears to have a black Edge. And the left guitar has a single coil sized pup in the neck position unlike the right guitar with a humbucker there.

Maybe I'm just missing something.
the left pic is today's condition, the right is mine before i sell it to his mum (i wrote wrong text, i mean the right pic when it was mine). the two holes are sustainer's switch...and i dont have better pics. the tremolo are lo pro, solid black. again it is the light that altered the appearance. "ELO" is... (now) flo...(before that he sticker the body with evo)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.