Ibanez JEM Forum banner

How to get this sound?

3K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  11racksfx 
#1 ·
Hi there. It's my first post here.

There is on You Tube guy named Gustavo Guerra. He has a rack system which includes:

Mesa Boogie Triaxis

Mesa Boogie Sterteo Simul Class 2:90

Ibanez TS-9

DBX 166A Compressor/ Gate

TC G-Major

I have no idea how to get sound like this:

youtube: /watch?v=h6qYJBGNlv0

I have Triaxis and TS-9, I know he's using Lead 2 Red channel and that's all. I can't figure it out. Maybe someone know how to set up Triaxis and ts-9 to sound like this guy's equipment?

See less See more
#6 ·
I have a different opinion. Every guitar he plugs in this rack sounds the same. Chrome boy for 10k or Crafter for 400$. The sound he get's from this piece of equipment is outrageous. I has almost the same rig and I have no Idea how to get similar sound. That's why I'm asking mostly Triaxis owners.

And by the way. He has not much time to answer all his emails, and secondly he does not speak english at all. I've been talkig with him several times, and I know that is quite difficult to get a response.

#10 ·
I can get something similar to that sound, but it's not that yet. For example the sound on E6 string isn't so agressive. My thougt is that Rocktron could be the matter. It's not tube power amp. Gustavo has Stereo Simul class by Mesa. What do You guys think?

#15 · (Edited)
Yeah because tone is in the brains and not in the fingers ;)
The ones that use their brains better reading manuals and learning how things work get better tones, the others keep trying to imitate them.
I ALWAYS got cool tones out of whatever gear I was playing, Guerra too, because of our fingers?
Nope, because of our knowledge.
No pain no gain, these days people want everything for free, they don't read manuals, they don't study, they just buy gear and want instantly good tone or even worse, they want instantly "famous guitar idol" tone.
It doesn't work that way, you have to start with a pedal and along with your technique, get better gear, this way you improve your technique and your gear at the same time, if not, what do we have these days?
A gazillion of players with awesome gear but can't get a good tone or even make music.
The path is upside down.

In 2004-2005 I sold my Triaxis to Guerra(send an email to him and ask about it) , he sent me a jmp-1 as part of payiment.I remember as soon as he got it, he recorded some really cool tones.............not because of his fingers but because of his knowledge ;)

#16 ·
Sorry Trev,but i don't consider setting up equipment and dialing in tones a skill,its common sense to me.
But you are right...i forget sometimes that 'common sense' is actually not that common.

That aside,i presume the op has common sense and i stand by my statement,the rest is up to the players approach.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.