Ibanez JEM Forum banner

EMG wiring problem

2K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  marcoma 
#1 ·
I have 2 EMG 89 pickups and an SLV pickup, one volume and one tone.

I'm having trouble working out how to connect then together with just one volume control (push/pull) to control all three pickup volumes.

I cant seem to find a diagram that can help.

Any suggestions anyone?

#8 ·
I still cant get this right, here's my setup:

Neck: EMG 89
Middle: EMG SLV
Bridge: EMG 89

There is space for one master volume and one master tone. I cant fit the EMG 5 way switch in the cavity so I have to use a non EMG switch which leaves just enough space. This means I have to do a bit of soldering on the switch but that is not a problem.

As the 2 EMG 89 pickups have pots to switch from single coil to humbucker I am lost as which of the connectors to use, I cant seem to find what the connections H1 to H5 do to be able to make sense of it.

Can anyone advise on how I should connect things?

#9 ·
The easiest way to figure out what you want is to email emg support. Rick will usually get back to you the same day. Your post here is a little confusing on what your are trying to accomplish. I would list all the parts you are using with pics and how you want the set up to be. From what Ive pieced together you want

bridge 89 to be coil split with a push pull tone pot
single in the middle
neck 89 to be coil split with a push pull volume pot
with pickup selection using a standard 5 way switch?

I am also assuming you are talking about the newer quick connect systems?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.