Ibanez JEM Forum banner

RG 550 / Lo-TRS - which spare parts fit?

4K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  D.M.RG7620 
#1 ·
Hello everybody,

I own an RG 550 with an Lo-TRS trem on it. On todays string changing process one of the little blocks, that press the string into the trem (via screw) fall to the floor and i'm not able to find it. As the other 5 blocks that are in there seem to bee quite worn off i'd like to exchange them all. Which parts can I use? Sadly the ibanez website wasn't helpful to me. I thought that these blocks from alternative systems like Gotoh or Schaller could fit - any tipps (instead of changing the whole system)?

Thank You in advance!

#6 ·
I thought this as well, only OE and Lo-pro edge on the 550. Today i came across a 550(according to the seller) but it had Lo-TRS stamped on the trem. My conclusion is that(without pictures-so i could be wrong) a "RG550" looking guitar with Lo-TRS trem would be an Ibanez RG450 mij. But pictures of the acctual guitar would be a big help.
Think that the pickguard on the 450 makes people think it's a 550.

#7 ·
Sounds like an RG450 to me.

And those little blocks are everywhere. I'm not sure if its 1 size fits all or not but any guitar center will carry the All Parts blocks. They come in 6 packs. Worked fine in the Original Edge and Lo-Pro I put them in. I doubt that they'll be any different in a TRS.

Do you have a Guitar Center near you that you can check?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.