Ibanez JEM Forum banner
28K views 22 replies 5 participants last post by  nienturi 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Mr.Daniel,
I own the Zero model and have played several Kiko's models here in Brazil-SãoPaulo.
The Zero is a cheapo' model made in Korea, with poor set-up, fat neck, wrong woods (bad quality) and the Licensed Floyd and pickups are weak and low quality.
The Kiko's signature is very diferent:
It's also MIK, but nice woods, Seymour pu's and Gotoh bridge (very nice bridge).
Anyway, the signature is very expensive for and "Made in Somewhere" axe.
Tagima is an Japanese/Brazilian luthier that lives and works in SãoPaulo since 1940.
He's amazing, and all his customs guitars that was made in Brazil between 1987-1994 era are amazing stuff. Specially JEM's and strato copies.
I have a very closer/nice friend that works full-time at Tagima's Repair Dept., here in SãoPaulo.
He does all the FRET repairs from the guitars that come from MIK with some problems (intonation, fret leveling, clear/finish/polishing). There are NO guitars Made in Brazil anymore!
Tagima Guitars sell 700 to 1200 pieces of cheapo guitars, including the Zero model and strato copies per MONTH!
it's a BUNCH of, since we're on the third world and livin' with 25 dollars per week.
Yes, i said the minimum salary allowed on our country is 25 bucks per week.
68% of our population lives the ENTIRE month with 100 dollars, that means R$300,00 (three hundred reais).
WOW Getting to political!!!
Ok, to find these guitars, you have to get a bus to downtown.
They are everywhere.
Everywhere in São Paulo! LOL!
Tubarão.

PS.: I hope my stupid english makes some sense at all! hahaha.

#3 ·
Tubarão Guitars said:
Mr.Daniel,
I own the Zero model and have played several Kiko's models here in Brazil-SãoPaulo.
The Zero is a cheapo' model made in Korea, with poor set-up, fat neck, wrong woods (bad quality) and the Licensed Floyd and pickups are weak and low quality.
The Kiko's signature is very diferent:
It's also MIK, but nice woods, Seymour pu's and Gotoh bridge (very nice bridge).
Anyway, the signature is very expensive for and "Made in Somewhere" axe.
Tagima is an Japanese/Brazilian luthier that lives and works in SãoPaulo since 1940.
He's amazing, and all his customs guitars that was made in Brazil between 1987-1994 era are amazing stuff. Specially JEM's and strato copies.
I have a very closer/nice friend that works full-time at Tagima's Repair Dept., here in SãoPaulo.
He does all the FRET repairs from the guitars that come from MIK with some problems (intonation, fret leveling, clear/finish/polishing). There are NO guitars Made in Brazil anymore!
Tagima Guitars sell 700 to 1200 pieces of cheapo guitars, including the Zero model and strato copies per MONTH!
it's a BUNCH of, since we're on the third world and livin' with 25 dollars per week.
Yes, i said the minimum salary allowed on our country is 25 bucks per week.
68% of our population lives the ENTIRE month with 100 dollars, that means R$300,00 (three hundred reais).
WOW Getting to political!!!
Ok, to find these guitars, you have to get a bus to downtown.
They are everywhere.
Everywhere in São Paulo! LOL!
Tubarão.

PS.: I hope my stupid english makes some sense at all! hahaha.
Hmmm... I live in Singapore.. So I can't go downtown to Brazil to buy it... I have to order it online...
Looks like quality is a compromise except on the Kiko's Signature... Can you describe the K1's playing sound and feel?

So where does this Tagima work now? Every Tagima guitar is a MIK guitar, no way to order a Made in Brazil one?

Man, thanks for the reply, I've been looking EVERYWHERE for a 27 fret guitar... and beside the Caparison Horus and Apple Horn, which cost an arm and a leg, the Tagima ones are what I'm looking at...

Cheerio!
Daniel

#4 ·
All the signature models are awesome.
The sound and feel of the K1 is very nice:
heavy sounds, nice intonation and action, and lightspeed from all the board.
About ordering from Brazil, it's impossible, since they don't do custom work for customers anymore.
They only do custom jobs to brazilian endorsed players, like Kiko L., Edu Ardanuy (my friend) and Juninho Afram (my teacher).
Seiji Tagima works in SãoPaulo at the Tagima Repair Dept. but don't accept custom orders.
I cannot find a place to you to order the K1 online.
The price tag of a new one is USD $ 1000,00.
You can find for less.
Well a thousand bucks costs more than 2 arms and 2 legs to me!!! LOL!

These Caparison are gorgeous!!!
http://www.kyowashokai.co.jp/caparison-horus.html

Or you can choose this:
http://www.zacharyguitars.com/200602pics.htm

L-O-L
Good luck,
Tubarão.

#5 ·
I woudn't go with Tagima unless you needed a Cheap Fender Stratocaster copy. All guitars I played from them were bad IMO and I don't like the way the fretting is setup for the 27 fret neck. Just feels wierd...

BTW, Tubarão, nice contacts you have man :) I wish I could get lessons from guys like those :)

#6 ·
Caparisons are wayyyyyy cool... but at $3300 Singapore dollars for the Apple Horn... I might as well not go to University... heh.

Can anybody post some sound clips of the Tagima K1? I would love to hear how it sounds like....

Looks like there's a problem with quality control... Sigh...

Cheerio!
Daniel

#7 ·
Viper-sfm said:
I woudn't go with Tagima unless you needed a Cheap Fender Stratocaster copy. All guitars I played from them were bad IMO and I don't like the way the fretting is setup for the 27 fret neck. Just feels wierd...

BTW, Tubarão, nice contacts you have man :) I wish I could get lessons from guys like those :)
I'd like to know if you're have been played the K1 model.
Other models such Zero is a pain in the a**...
I've played the K1 and K2, and both are nice axes, anyway.
K2 has MIK bridge and pu's, K1 has GOTOH awesome bridge and nice Seymours on it.
About my contacts, if you like Oficina G3, you can find my name on the CD credits, at ACÚSTICO- 1998.
Something like this:
P.G. agradece:
i'd like to thank mom, dad, blablabla, blabla, TUBARÃO and Jesus Christ.
LOL!!!

See ya,

#8 ·
Shredcows said:
Caparisons are wayyyyyy cool... but at $3300 Singapore dollars for the Apple Horn... I might as well not go to University... heh.

Can anybody post some sound clips of the Tagima K1? I would love to hear how it sounds like....

Looks like there's a problem with quality control... Sigh...

Cheerio!
Daniel
Caparisons are very pricey, bahhh!!!
About sound clips, you can search for Kiko Loureiro stuff at his band, ANGRA.
IMHO, it's saaweeet.
About q.control, i gess you can find a nice axe buying the K1 model and getting away from cheapo' ones, like K2 and Zero T.
Tubarão.

#9 ·
Tubarão Guitars said:
I'd like to know if you're have been played the K1 model.
Other models such Zero is a pain in the a**...
I've played the K1 and K2, and both are nice axes, anyway.
K2 has MIK bridge and pu's, K1 has GOTOH awesome bridge and nice Seymours on it.
I admit I didn't play a K1 yet, more because I can't find them in stores here then anything else, so I won't touch that point. But Zero is no good at all...

About my contacts, if you like Oficina G3, you can find my name on the CD credits, at ACÚSTICO- 1998.
Something like this:
P.G. agradece:
i'd like to thank mom, dad, blablabla, blabla, TUBARÃO and Jesus Christ.
LOL!!!
Heh, nice! I like Oficina G3 to some extent. Juninho Afram plays extremely well, but I don't like the vocals of the band that much...

#12 ·
Viper-sfm said:
I can't see how you could do it. Unless someone from here is willing to buy it and ship it for you...I'm not sure stores here would do that kind of thing...
*Sigh* Well, I'd just stick to my trusty S520EX guitar!!! 22 frets only but I've got a long way to go to master them 22 frets anyway! :)

Until I earn 3300 bucks to splurge on a Caparison, that is.

Thanks guys!
Daniel

#13 ·
Daniel, tell me the exact State/City/District you live in Singapore, including ZIP.
Tell any info via PM, so i'll send some questions to Tagima's e-mail.
I'll ask them how much to send a brand new one directly to your door.
Maybe i can help you and help Tagima to make somebody happy :)
Tubarão.

#15 ·
Shredcows said:
*Sigh* Well, I'd just stick to my trusty S520EX guitar!!! 22 frets only but I've got a long way to go to master them 22 frets anyway! :)

Until I earn 3300 bucks to splurge on a Caparison, that is.

Thanks guys!
Daniel
You have a nice guitar there mate :) I like the S series, except for the input jack placement...That thing only work in Fenders :)

#17 ·
Well, thanks guys for replying...

I know I've got a nice axe... although its giving me some tuning problems... :) If i can't get the K1 then I'd have to wait till i can get the Caparison, no problem man!

I've been to Kiko's website, but I would really want to see him play the K1... there's videos of him playing a strat lookalike... He has great technique and feel, an awesome player!

#20 ·
Dan, if you'd like to buy a brand new one, i have found one at the biggest brazilian guitarshop.
Price is USD $1120,00 w/o shipping.
You can choose the colors, since it's a special order directly to Tagima's Distribuitor.
The guitar arrives to shop after 20 days.
The store can send you the guitar as well.
If you need some help, PM me.
Cheerio,
Tubarão.

#21 ·
I might be 7 years late in posting a reply to this post, but if anyone's reading, I might be one of the few people in the world with a Tagima Telecaster made in Brazil and I have to say they are Bee-yooo-teee-full!! The resonance from the wood...brilliant. Such a joy to play! And thats just unplugged. Not a huge fan of the pickups but they've been good enough and haven't yet been replaced since buying the guitar in Brazil in 2001.

#22 ·
OMG! holy thread ressurection, batman! :lol:
Many things has been changed since this wierdo conversation.
Now you can find nice Kiko's K1 Tagima Signatures!
The founder luthier Seiji Tagima is no longer the owner of the company since 2006, tough.
The new owners have done a nice job on the new Tagima Guitars lineup.
Anyway, for a basic strat/tele/lespaul copy, they are priced appropriately.
The high end stuff is very expensive but wear propper hardware, like Gotoh and Seymour Duncans.
I did some Tagima special swirl run in 2005:

Kiko and me ;)

And if you own a Tagima guitar from the 90' yeah, it's a top notch well done instrument, with awesome brazilian woods. congratz! :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.