Ibanez JEM Forum banner
88K views 367 replies 77 participants last post by  riot_mob 
#1 ·
Maybe there is something wrong with my internet browser or maybe even with me, but i can't find the "About Time Design website" anymore.
Do you know where it has gone??

#4 ·
Re: what happened to Darren from ATD?

I am pretty worried too. I had placed an order for an already painted body and a custom 7 stringer. It's not that I am questioning his honesty but with my $1300 blocked, I DO feel a little worried.
Does glen/rich or anyone else has any update on darren?

#6 ·

Last I heard from Darren was in December last year when he shipped my swirled body to Jeremy (LGM). He has started a handyman business and is only in his shop in the evening last I heard. The webpage has been down for at least a month now. He told me he was trying to finish up the guitars he had lying around.

Regards

André

#10 ·

Are we still sitting and waiting?
he has had my money now since febuary 2004 thats two years. this after a promissed turnaround of 4-6 weeks.
last i spoke was two months ago, with a promise that it would be done that weekend. nothing. i can show you all the emails i have sent without reply if you realy wanted, but i have lost just about my last ounce of paitience with Darren, hes a nice guy, but i've had nothing but empty promisses from him on this order, which is my third over the years.
I've just tried ringing him on the DMI number listed on the old website 001 850 433 2911 (thats the international code at the start). and had a very friendy voice tell me that the number was no longer in service. (ALARM BELLS!!!)
No site ( he told me he was changing servers) that was over two months ago.
No telephone number (why is it out of service and why did he not tell his (paid up front) customers?

SO what we have is a business that has taken a load of money from customers, held it for a length of time (in my case over two years) does not reply to his customers questions. and is now not even contactable. whatthe hell are we supossed to think and do.
i have been chasing for months due o financial problems of my own. darren was made aware of this and promissed to get it done straight away so i could get it back and sold to try and keep the wolves from the door.
well thanks a lot.

Darren if your reading this. i would like to know what the HONEST situation is with my order. not much to ask after all this time i feel.

Sorry for te rant, but i'm sure some of you can appreciate the feeling of utter helplessness as i sit here in the UK.

:-(

#12 ·

a friend of mine is in the same situation. it's about a year and a half, pre-paid swirl job. last time he phoned Darren he was told they had issues because of an hurricane and that the shop were semi-destroyed. no reasons not to believe it, but either no reasons not to have your (paid up front) customers knowing what's happening after 2 years.
unless you want them to switch to Tubarao or Herc Fede next time...

#13 ·

There's been plenty enough time since the hurricanes for that to no longer be an excuse (if there ever really was damage). Either way, it does not excuse that kind of treatment of your customers.

Unfortunately, Herc seems to be about as responsive as Darren, and Tubarao isn't taking orders (as far as I am aware).

Hope you guys get your guitars back eventually.

#18 ·

jerrye said:
i wish i lived locally, i'd know on his door and ask him directly wat has happened to my money and my order. I realy need t get tis sorted out.
I wonder how many other guitars remain undelivered?
Darren shipped my body out to LGM in November last year and at time I heard to had started this handyman business, so maybe his donig this full time now. Has anybody talked to Brian over at Universaljems?

Regards

André

#19 ·

Hi,
I'm also been waiting for body from Darren.
He is slow to reply but I don't think he is going to scam people of.
He has been building a new house and fixing the work place.
He send me email last night and told me that he will be back on he's feet again soon and he also have a new guy who is doing the clearcoats.
Jerrye I really do know how you are feeling, I have been waiting over 2 years now..
But I know that he will do them soon :)

#20 ·

he-man said:
Hi,
I'm also been waiting for body from Darren.
He is slow to reply but I don't think he is going to scam people of.
He has been building a new house and fixing the work place.
He send me email last night and told me that he will be back on he's feet again soon and he also have a new guy who is doing the clearcoats.
Jerrye I really do know how you are feeling, I have been waiting over 2 years now..
But I know that he will do them soon :)
Somebody else doing the clearcoats? About time is all I can say ;).

Regards

André

#24 ·

ok,
just talked to a neighbour at bayliss ct, pensacola and he though he was still at 116. but the phone and fax numbers still are not in service.
anyone else had any further luck?

Darren if your reading this, please post a reply and put our minds at rest.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.