<back   Jemsite > Jemsite.com Start Here > Forum Announcements and Member Help

Forum Announcements and Member Help Forum announcements or site news is found here. Members can post calls for help regarding forum/site usage only. Please note this forum is not for disussing forum rules, guidelines and/or moderation.

Old 11-10-2012, 09:25 PM

help id

Hello Ibaneezers,
I have recently acquired pieces of an RG and would like to identify it in order to properly restore to its original glory. I don't have much to go on. It has the HSH arrangement in a black pickguard. Humbuckers are IBZ Fs stamped made in USA. Single piece maple neck with bound rosewood fretboard, obligatory WALRJ-T24 marking. Silverish shark tooth inlay. Flush input jack, no plate, two rear routes (not 3). Color, based upon research, is mirage blue. It changes from blu-green to purple. I do not have covers, edge tremolo, control knobs, tuners, strap buttons or neck plate. I do have body, loaded pickguard, neck, locking nut. Is there enough of this corpse left to do an accurate identification. Was the mirage blue limited to one series or was it straight across the board. Is the pickguard a clue? Come on you know-it-alls,what can you share?

Last edited by claudepig; 11-10-2012 at 11:03 PM. Reason: new information
Old 11-11-2012, 02:05 AM

Reviews: 120

Re: help id

It'll be a 7XX series of some sort most likely. Check out Ibanez Rules (banner at top) and got to the resources section to look at the catalogues from the late eighties/early nineties. You might be able to identify it there.
Old 11-12-2012, 02:07 PM

Re: help id

Hi all!
I just wanted to ask a little help on identifiyng one RG. The serial is: F9921990. I know it is japanese, Fuji-gen, but i can't find the exact model.

Thanks in advance guys!
Alex M.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ibanez-RG-MIJ.jpg (12.8 KB, 0 views)

Tags
rg corpse identification

Show/Hide Posting Rules