<back   Jemsite > Jemsite.com Start Here > Forum Announcements and Member Help

Forum Announcements and Member Help Forum announcements or site news is found here. Members can post calls for help regarding forum/site usage only. Please note this forum is not for disussing forum rules, guidelines and/or moderation.

Old 07-29-2009, 08:53 AM
Administrator

Jemsite Reviewers' Club

Today we are launching the Jemsite Reviewers' Club. Our goal with this is to encourage everyone to share their experience on products they've used and stores they've bought from.

Jemsite Comparison Shopping covers today almost 4,000 products... guitars, amps, pedals, strings, etc. With a click you can compare prices in over 100 stores and find the best deal. But we want Jemsite Comparison Shopping to be much more than price comparison - Your reviews on products you've had experienced with will help us take it in that direction!

Start reviewing products today! Just search on Jemsite Comparison Shopping for a product you've used, click write review and share with the rest of us your experience.

Members of the Jemsite Reviewers' Club enjoy the following benefits:
  • Recognition by the community with the Jemsite Reviewer badge shining next to their avatar
  • Elegibility to receive gear from companies that want their products tested and reviewed by the Jemsite Reviewers Club.
The Club will welcome Jemsite Members that have contributed at least 10 product reviews (in accordance with the Jemsite Review Guidelines).

By sharing your experience about products you've owned - you are helping everyone else!!!

We look forward to your participation!

Last edited by alan_w; 11-17-2009 at 10:38 AM. Reason: Modifying criteria to become a reviewer
Old 07-29-2009, 12:31 PM

Re: Jemsite Reviewers' Club

wow, very cool

very cool indeed
we'll take harmony central down MAHAHA
Old 07-29-2009, 01:04 PM
(a)
Administrator

Reviews: 1

Nice work Alan & everyone. The community here can no doubt creating a very meaningful review database that gets better & better over time ...glen
Old 08-03-2009, 12:49 PM

looks good alan. nice job!
Old 08-04-2009, 01:37 AM

Reviews: 21

This is great for us all!!
Old 08-04-2009, 05:03 AM

Reviews: 14

Great!
Old 08-04-2009, 01:15 PM

This is a great Idea. I look forward to writing some reviews on gear. Should be good fun!
Old 08-04-2009, 04:15 PM
(a)

Reviews: 3

Wonderful idea! I am looking forward to sharing my experiences so others can make sound investments! I know I've spent WAYYYY too much money over the years just to "try" something!!

Josh
Old 08-04-2009, 07:55 PM

Reviews: 4

What do we do if the product we want to write a review about isn't listed to
give a review on? (Hughes and Kettner cab)
Old 08-05-2009, 09:55 AM
Administrator

Glad to see everybody is excited about this!!!

It seems like we are off to a good start! We already have over 50 reviews published, excellent quality! Thanks for everyones' contribution!

I am also very happy to announce our FIRST JEMSITE REVIEWER: smooth55! Congratulations Your Reviewer badge is already shining below your username!

To make it easy for those reviewing products to track what they've reviewed, we've added a tab to your Member Profile that says "Reviews" and clicking on it will give you a list of all the reviews you've submitted and the ability to click and go to the review itself.

One last thing... We've added below your "Post count" your "Review count" making it easy for all to see how many reviews has one contributed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jl2556 View Post
What do we do if the product we want to write a review about isn't listed to
give a review on? (Hughes and Kettner cab)
Many have PMed me that same question... As of late next week we will be adding a feature enabling selected members to "Add Products" to Jemsite Comparison Shopping. I'll be posting about it as soon as we add the feature and if you're interested in being allowed to add products - let me know by posting on this thread.

Thanks once again to all those contributing!!! Keep them coming! Keep the detail level you've been using and the quality!! Each of you has a ton of experience and by sharing it via quality reviews you'll be helping thousands make informed decisions!!
Old 08-05-2009, 09:35 PM

Reviews: 4

I want to be able to add products
Old 08-06-2009, 04:55 AM

Reviews: 34

Jemsite has always been a great forum, and is a seriously good resource for all things guitar. I think that the changes that have been made on the last year or so have only served to improve this.

I personally added 3 reviews yesterday in about an hour. To anyone else thinking of carrying out some reviews; it is really striaghtforward and the layout is clear and easy.

I just need to find another 47 products to review so I can apply for the Sr. reviewer badge
Old 08-06-2009, 06:11 AM

Reviews: 21

This kicks so much ass...im enjoying the fact we are all sharing for the greater good!!!.......next stop for Jemsite...WORLD DOMINATION
Old 08-06-2009, 11:33 AM
Administrator

That's great to hear!

I've got to tell you that I am blown away by the quality of the reviews that are being submitted! Out of 80 that have been published I can count in one hand those that were light in content... Members are really getting into details that I am sure will make the Jemsite Reviews a great source of info for anyone considering a guitar or guitar related gear.

One nice thing that we've added is that next to each review there is the username of the member that submitted it which links to his/her profile. There is also a link to "Ask username a question" which will create a new thread and PM the reviewer about the thread and the question. We hope this will increase the credibility of the reviews and help people ask questions that may result from reading the review.

One important technical note: If you submit a review while being loged out, the system will ask you to enter your name and email. Pls use your Jemsite User Name as otherwise the review will not be taken into consideration in your review count. We are probably going to allow only logged-in members to enter reviews - but until we do that - pls either make sure you are loged in, or make sure you enter your username.

Thanks and Keep them comming!
Old 08-06-2009, 12:57 PM

Reviews: 59

Good stuff Alan! Reading through 80 reviews in 3 days isn't too shabby, thanks for your efforts as well.

Tags
amps, guitar gear, guitars, product reviews

Show/Hide Posting Rules