<back   Jemsite > Jemsite.com Start Here > Forum Announcements and Member Help

Forum Announcements and Member Help Forum announcements or site news is found here. Members can post calls for help regarding forum/site usage only. Please note this forum is not for disussing forum rules, guidelines and/or moderation.

Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2012, 12:30 PM

Reviews: 1

Re: what to do if you a Member has been ripped off in A trade or transaction. What to

Quote:
Originally Posted by RG man View Post
...the free stuff you sent me was for wait because you were deployed not from surgery...
That makes it sound like the surgery was a planned thing at the time. I'm under the impression that AlaskaBat wasn't planning on an injury.
Old 05-21-2012, 01:07 PM

Reviews: 3

Re: what to do if you a Member has been ripped off in A trade or transaction. What to

RG Man, I realize the pedal is taking forever and you are sick and tired of waiting. I'm sorry to hear that the deal you had with AB has gone south like it has. With that said, what is it you want him to do exactly at this point? Finish the pedal and send it to you? HE CAN BARELY MOVE RIGHT NOW. Is that so difficult to understand? I sure understand how frustrated you are. You have made that clear. Can you not understand that AT THIS TIME he can't finish it yet? He has made that clear. It is not a good situation for ANYONE involved.
Our servicemen and women sometimes get called to duty at a moments notice. Sometimes they are injured and even killed protecting our country. In this case, both happened it seems. I'm trying to stay out of it, but coming on here day after day bashing a well respected member about an overdrive pedal IS NOT GOING TO SPEED UP HIS BACK INJURY. Don't you get it? Things go wrong sometimes. Its a fact of life. He has clearly explained to EVERYONE with access to this thread that your pedal is at the top of the list. The guy has over 7000 posts, almost 100 reviews, 16 or so great trades, and is a contributing member to this forum. Do you really think he is TRYING to rip you off for a lousy dirt box?? Sorry if you take offense. I'm not trying to stir the pot. Things did not go smooth with this transaction, but it WILL be taken care of when possible. It sucks for everyone. Life isn't perfect.

Last edited by leathermonkey7; 05-21-2012 at 03:05 PM.
Old 05-21-2012, 02:17 PM

So, here is what i got:

First my "Ultimatum" to Rob:

On Apr 13, 2012 2:29 AM
"Therefore, please, if you can finish stuff within the next 2 weeks, thats ok for me. but send the guitar at a latest as the first of May. I donīt care of the condition afterwards...this gives you more than two weeks to finish everything."

Robs Reply:
"2 weeks is fair--should be mobile in a few days."

so much for that...and after THAT DAY (April 13, 2012) NO ANSWER AT ALL FROM ROB!! And as Rob stated himself...lets consult your statistics here:

05-05-2012, 10:12 PM Replies: 43
What does F.R.E.D. mean???
Views: 3,175
Posted By AlaskaBat
05-05-2012, 08:41 PM Replies: 28
Purple RG swirl .
Views: 543
Posted By AlaskaBat
05-05-2012, 08:35 PM Replies: 6
replacement for ibanez rg1570
Views: 153
Posted By AlaskaBat

Forum: Pickups & wiring 05-05-2012, 08:31 PM Replies: 5
RG250 and EVO Bridge DP159FW HUM Problem
Views: 147
Posted By AlaskaBat

Forum: Pickups & wiring 05-05-2012, 08:30 PM Replies: 6
Replacing Pickups on RG350DX
Views: 159
Posted By AlaskaBat

Forum: Gear and Equipment 05-05-2012, 08:28 PM Replies: 12
Pedal Board Ideas
Views: 257
Posted By AlaskaBat

Forum: J-Custom, USA Custom & Prestige Ibanez Guitars

04-29-2012, 03:35 PM Replies: 9
Inlays
Views: 218
Posted By AlaskaBat

Forum: Other Ibanez Guitars (including Premiums) 04-29-2012, 04:35 AM Replies: 1,572
Sticky Post pics of your own Custom modded Ibanez.
Views: 360,889
Posted By AlaskaBat

Forum: Gear and Equipment 04-28-2012, 07:49 PM Replies: 31
Can you (still?) haggle at GC or Sam Ash?
Views: 884
Posted By AlaskaBat

Forum: Pickups & wiring 04-28-2012, 04:39 PM Replies: 6
Pickup selection help?
Views: 192
Posted By AlaskaBat

...and so on and so on....so you see....Rob...you REALLY had all the chance in the WORLD to answer to the people you own money too......Point proven....so who really has some selective memory here?? ...over and out....
Old 05-21-2012, 03:50 PM

Reviews: 3

Looks to me like in that time period, he probably had to do another surgery, and was laid up and bored & posting (probably on heavy pain drugs), and the constant bombardment of PM's or emails about something he possibly couldn't do at the time became overwhelming to him & his recovery and he choose to listen to his body for a bit and see how fast or slow its going to recover before he wanted to make any concrete deadlines, or argue with you. I'm sure you see that as Rude for Ignoring. Pain does strange things to good people that are not their normal character.
Old 05-21-2012, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leathermonkey7 View Post
Looks to me like in that time period, he probably had to do another surgery, and was laid up and bored & posting (probably on heavy pain drugs), and the constant bombardment of PM's or emails about something he possibly couldn't do at the time became overwhelming to him & his recovery and he choose to listen to his body for a bit and see how fast or slow its going to recover before he wanted to make any concrete deadlines, or argue with you. I'm sure you see that as Rude for Ignoring. Pain does strange things to good people that are not their normal character.
Possibly....but it was him accusing me of selective memory....and wrote:

"I said 2 weeks was reasonable pending my condition. I also stated that I wouldn't send it until it's finished, since I don't need any complaints about unfinished or non-functional work.
I also have the emails, which by the way--clearly shows I was in contact with you and giving updates."

and i just want to set the record straight...
Old 05-21-2012, 04:23 PM

To the guys who are posting the ins and outs of the deals that aren't going to plan with Alaskabat.

As an impartial reader, I'd just like to say that it makes you look incredibly petty and small. Yes this has been going on for FAR too long, Alaskabat is probably more aware of this than anyone. But whining and moaning about it in this thread doesn't do you any good. The whole site is now well aware of the overall situation.

Take things to PMs and post when you have results (on BOTH sides).

I doubt Alaskabat is considering doing any more "custom orders" in the foreseeable future, so folks who are posting here are not even doing the other members here any service by "warning them off".
Old 05-21-2012, 04:30 PM

Wait a minute..do you mean me?

If so..(sorry about my english), but for me this thread was helpful to get in touch with people in the same situation as i am...i wrote this some sites ago... not "whining" (wich by the way i think is not very nice of you).

But i am not willing to let Rob tell things in this thread, that are not true, so i did put the record straight....

Everything is said now....

Maria

PS: How do you post "results" if you dont get anything...should i write back in 2 weeks? in 2 months, 2 years? "i did not get anything"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jono View Post
To the guys who are posting the ins and outs of the deals that aren't going to plan with Alaskabat.

As an impartial reader, I'd just like to say that it makes you look incredibly petty and small. Yes this has been going on for FAR too long, Alaskabat is probably more aware of this than anyone. But whining and moaning about it in this thread doesn't do you any good. The whole site is now well aware of the overall situation.

Take things to PMs and post when you have results (on BOTH sides).

I doubt Alaskabat is considering doing any more "custom orders" in the foreseeable future, so folks who are posting here are not even doing the other members here any service by "warning them off".
Old 05-21-2012, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaKim View Post
Wait a minute..do you mean me?

If so..(sorry about my english), but for me this thread was helpful to get in touch with people in the same situation as i am...i wrote this some sites ago... not "whining" (wich by the way i think is not very nice of you).

But i am not willing to let Rob tell things in this thread, that are not true, so i did put the record straight....

Everything is said now....

Maria
APologies if you didn't find the tone of my post to your taste, but my comments stand. You've had the chance to post your side of the story, only you and Alaskabat know where the "whole truth" lies and that's fine.

I look forward to seeing your post following the successful resolution of this matter.
Old 05-21-2012, 04:36 PM

Quote:
APologies if you didn't find the tone of my post to your taste, but my comments stand. You've had the chance to post your side of the story, only you and Alaskabat know where the "whole truth" lies and that's fine.

I look forward to seeing your post following the successful resolution of this matter.
...there is nothing i would like to do more....belive me...i have more important stuff to do than posting about that in here...but 1400 dollar is alot of money for me.....
Old 05-21-2012, 04:40 PM

Quote:
...there is nothing i would like to do more....belive me...i have more important stuff to do than posting about that in here...but 1400 dollar is alot of money for me.....
Well, please consider applying yourself to some of that "more important stuff" in the immediate future!
Old 05-21-2012, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Well, please consider applying yourself to some of that "more important stuff" in the immediate future!
you are so funny...consiederd working for tv lately?

Edit: sorry...as a forum moderater i would have thought of some "de-escalation" not, throwing in bad comments....lame...
Old 05-21-2012, 04:49 PM
Banned

Reviews: 98

Nevermind--was writing this before I saw Jono's posts.
Old 05-21-2012, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaBat View Post
Rob, as always...i try to find way to get thing worked out....what you did post is what i wrote....

I think we have a problem in communication here (this is why i try to communicate so much).

- I thought it was OK for you, to send the guitar within two weeks EVEN if it is NOT finished (aka: sending the not finished parts).
- You thought you might get it done in two weeks, but never intended to send it out before it was finished, right?

I think that was the initial problem?

Maria
Old 05-21-2012, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaBat View Post
too late ;-)
Old 05-21-2012, 05:00 PM
Banned

Reviews: 98

Quote:
Rob, as always...i try to find way to get thing worked out....what you did post is what i wrote....

I think we have a problem in communication here (this is why i try to communicate so much).

- I thought it was OK for you, to send the guitar within two weeks EVEN if it is NOT finished (aka: sending the not finished parts).
- You thought you might get it done in two weeks, but never intended to send it out before it was finished, right?

I think that was the initial problem?

Maria
Yes! That's exactly what I was trying to explain to you. I was "hoping" to be well enough within those weeks to get the work done. I also stated that I was not going to send it out unfinished, as it would costs you a bunch of money to have it finished and I didn't want any complaints about getting a guitar that needed extensive work or was not functioning.
That's what I was trying to tell you.
Closed Thread

Tags
ripped off

Show/Hide Posting Rules