<back   Jemsite > Jemsite.com Start Here > Forum Announcements and Member Help

Forum Announcements and Member Help Forum announcements or site news is found here. Members can post calls for help regarding forum/site usage only. Please note this forum is not for disussing forum rules, guidelines and/or moderation.

Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2012, 09:22 PM

Reviews: 10
Angry

Re: what to do if you a Member has been ripped off in A trade or transaction. What to

Following good advice...

Last edited by OLIE_ROCKS_THE_80'S; 01-12-2012 at 10:02 PM.
Old 01-12-2012, 09:30 PM

Exclamation

Re: what to do if you a Member has been ripped off in A trade or transaction. What to

Quote:
Originally Posted by IbanezDaemon View Post
It's too bad that you haven't got your guitar yet but I know that Rob's (AlaskaBat) a stand up guy and if there has been a delay or some mix up in the delivery I for one am sure that he will endeavour to put things right. I hope you guys can work things out for the best.
The same lame excuses have been offered for others in this site by "so called supporters" (Legacy, Patrick simms come to mind) the fact is that no matter what this behavior is unacceptable and people have to stop coming here and telling others this bologne!!! You would not feel so supportive if you were the one being ripped off, would you???

Last edited by OLIE_ROCKS_THE_80'S; 01-12-2012 at 09:55 PM.
Old 01-12-2012, 09:32 PM

The RG570 GN was reposted on Bonanza on December 29th.... He did say he had two. However, he used the pictures of mine for the one recently posted. If it's the former that's false advertising. I couldn't purchase it through bonanza. It was taken down, because I went through the "buy process" though. I don't know if stuff there gets auto relisted. I wouldn't think it would be 2 months if it was.

I emailed him voicing concern, seeing that he's no where to be found. Yet he's active on several websites he frequents. Something odd is going on, legit or not.

Here's the GN RG570 http://www.bonanza.com/listings/Iban...ilver/44826972

I got my money back, but I don't want this to happen to anyone else. Sorry to drag this up again, but something needs to be done. If he's inocent he needs to appolgize to everyone HERE to clear his name. If he's guilty people need to know. I'm for inocent untill proven guilty. Unless it's blantently obvious >_> this is not the case here though.

I hope to god he wasn't lieing to me. I lost money because of this. Not much, like $20-30, but still 2 months and missing money. Being innocent and applogetic is worth that much. Lieing and decect is not. Edit: When I think about it, I lost 2 months of time and $30 I deserve to be compensated, along with the others.

Thank god I have music, I'd go insane otherwise.

Last edited by Sho; 01-13-2012 at 12:47 AM.
Old 01-12-2012, 09:40 PM
(a)
Vendor

Rob is in the Air Force, and is said to have been deployed. Anybody with an uncompleted deal should file a claim to get their money back if you feel you need to. If it's past the point of claim then there isn't much you can do but wait for an explanation, or pursue through his superiors. The military has very strick rules on moral conduct and are willing to get involved.

Warnings are fair game in situations like these and can be addressed when Rob can communicate again.

Best of luck to all, especially Rob in getting this all cleared up. The longer it goes the harder the task will be.
Old 01-12-2012, 09:40 PM

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sho View Post
The RG570 GN was reposted on Bonanza on December 29th.... He did say he had two. However, he used the pictures of mine for the one recently posted. If it's the former that's false advertising. I couldn't purchase it through bonanza. It was taken down, because I went through the "buy process" though. I don't know if stuff there gets auto relisted. I wouldn't think it would be 2 months if it was.

I emailed him voicing concern, seeing that he's no where to be found. Yet he's active on several websites he frequents. Something odd is going on, legit or not.

Here's the GN RG570 http://www.bonanza.com/listings/Iban...ilver/44826972

I got my money back, but I don't want this to happen to anyone else. Sorry to drag this up again, but something needs to be done. If he's inocent he needs to appolgize to everyone HERE to clear his name. If he's guilty people need to know. I'm for inocent untill proven guilty. Unless it's blantently obvious >_> this is not the case here though.

I hope to god he wasn't lieing to me. I lost money because of this. Not much, like $20-30, but still 2 months and missing money. Being innocent and applogetic is worth that much. Lieing and decect is not.
when you are on the up and up and legit there is no reason to hide and ignore the people who trusted you with their hard earned cash!!!

Last edited by OLIE_ROCKS_THE_80'S; 01-12-2012 at 09:49 PM.
Old 01-12-2012, 09:45 PM
(a)
Vendor

With all situations like these the board policy is

NO INFLAMATORY POSTS!!!

If you are not involved in a transaction then you have no business posting inflamatory statements in these threads. Please comply, this has been standard Jemsite policy since inception.
Old 01-12-2012, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
Rob is in the Air Force, and is said to have been deployed. Anybody with an uncompleted deal should file a claim to get their money back if you feel you need to. If it's past the point of claim then there isn't much you can do but wait for an explanation, or pursue through his superiors. The military has very strick rules on moral conduct and are willing to get involved.

Warnings are fair game in situations like these and can be addressed when Rob can communicate again.

Best of luck to all, especially Rob in getting this all cleared up. The longer it goes the harder the task will be.
He relisted my item on December 29th Rich. While he was still deployed. It was still "lost" at that point. He can communicate via his yahoo mail. I've had no replies from him since I got refunded. The emails I was sending was of concern. He needs some explaining to do.

I've no transaction with him currently. I still want to voice my concern though. Seeing as I had one perviously.
Old 01-12-2012, 09:52 PM
(a)
Vendor

You said he had 2, and it's possible the only pictures he had he could post was of that one. Either way everything is supposition until he explains, and since you have received your claim back there is no need for you to continue to incite. I'm sure "concern" has already been well noted.
Old 01-12-2012, 10:04 PM

Why would you use pictures from a differnt guitar without stating it? That in itself is false advertising. When I think about it I still have a transaction. I have to take care of the guitar IF it magically pops up. I LOST money because of this. Due to the conversion. If he is lieing I still have stake in this.

Two "missing" guitars. One maybe a relist of mine, the other for sure is shane's. If he's telling us right. Also, one missing pedal.
Old 01-12-2012, 10:08 PM
(a)
Vendor

Evidently you feel the need to continue to repeat the obvious. All is already on record in this thread, no? So why does it need to be repeated?
Old 01-12-2012, 10:29 PM

You keep saying I have no involvement, when I do. It's not an auto relist it's less than what it was before. Wouldn't he think that using the old pictures may get me upset? Or is he just not thinking.

I'll take PM's if anyone wants to discuss this issue with me. I still want an explination from alaskabat when he's back. If he's coming back.
Old 01-12-2012, 11:45 PM
moebius  is online

Ok to clarify.

Sho is your transaction with AB done and resolved?

Shane can you clarify what the situation is with your AB transaction as well.
Are you still waiting for a guitar?

Feel free to contact me via PM.

I ask that as Rich suggested, if you are not involved with an unresolved transaction with AB that you refrain from adding fuel to the fire.

Thanks gents.
Old 01-13-2012, 12:30 AM

Reviews: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by moebius View Post
Ok to clarify.

Sho is your transaction with AB done and resolved?

Shane can you clarify what the situation is with your AB transaction as well.
Are you still waiting for a guitar?

Feel free to contact me via PM.

I ask that as Rich suggested, if you are not involved with an unresolved transaction with AB that you refrain from adding fuel to the fire.

Thanks gents.

PM'ed
Old 01-13-2012, 01:23 AM

What about if you are considering buying something from AlaskaBat he still is selling stuff,alot of it for the second time?? Cause He apparently never shipped it??? How is this not relevant??
Old 01-13-2012, 01:30 AM
(a)
Vendor

If you are seriously considering making a purchase feel free to post, but I have a feeling you aren't, nor would anybody else that read this thread. So your point is lost.
Closed Thread

Tags
ripped off

Show/Hide Posting Rules