<back   Jemsite > Jemsite.com Start Here > Forum Announcements and Member Help

Forum Announcements and Member Help Forum announcements or site news is found here. Members can post calls for help regarding forum/site usage only. Please note this forum is not for disussing forum rules, guidelines and/or moderation.

Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2012, 02:26 AM

Reviews: 6

Re: what to do if you a Member has been ripped off in A trade or transaction. What to

he should be BANNED !!!!
Old 02-01-2012, 03:13 AM

Re: what to do if you a Member has been ripped off in A trade or transaction. What to

I'm out around $30-40, forgot the conversion loss. So I'm not out too much. Our agreement was that I'd get a tone zone for my troubles and loss. It was suppose to be shipped out last week, with no contact in between.

I agree with RGman, that every time that something needs to be shipped out something convenatly happens. It could be that he's having a really ****ty time. However, it should be no excuse though. He could have someone trust worthy to ship the items out, like his wife.

He says he never sold the Jem to Shane.

He's aware of the thread, I've told him plenty of times to come and post to clear everything up.

Lone when did he say he was out of his duty and ended up in the hospital? He was replying through his gmail on the 17th. Meaning he was back mid January.

As for banning, I'd wait a bit more before we escalate this any further.
Old 02-01-2012, 07:25 AM

No i think we should get him banned so he knows we mean business then after that contact his Superior Officer so they know how the conduct of one of their officers is ripping people off and using the Government for a excuse !!!
Old 02-01-2012, 10:34 AM

Reviews: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RG man View Post
No i think we should get him banned so he knows we mean business then after that contact his Superior Officer so they know how the conduct of one of their officers is ripping people off and using the Government for a excuse !!!
While I understand your frustration RG Man, I think someone should tell you that banning AlaskaBat would make him unable to post on Jemsite threads (including this one), which would stop him from being able to come on here and clear this all up, as you requested he do.

I would suggest that no calls for his banning be made until he has come on here and given an explanation. After all, innocent until proven guilty.

Wait a little longer, and hopefully this can be sorted without the mods needing to make that tough decision... I'm sure it can be handled another way
Old 02-01-2012, 11:55 AM

Pursuit is right. Banning him will not help him communicate on here.

Feel free to do whatever real world activity you want that you think will help you get your refund or gear. I would never tell you not to pursue any action you think will work whether it is calling his boss or knocking on his door. Go for it. But all decisions to ban people are discussed by the mods.

I again ask that this thread not go south. It should only be used for posting information by those with knowledge.

Thanks.

Last edited by moebius; 02-01-2012 at 01:56 PM. Reason: grammar
Old 02-01-2012, 12:22 PM
Banned

Reviews: 64

I really don't think banning is the case cause what would happens if tomorrow Alaskabat posts he sent your stuff?
It would be your word against him so how could mods know who's telling the truth?
That's a personal transation so only you guys know what's happening.
We(members) cannot judge cause we aren't part of it

I'm trying to speak to him and if i get any reply, I'll let you guys know.
Old 02-01-2012, 01:10 PM
(a)
Administrator

Reviews: 1

+1 what moebius said.

banning won't help (and will disallow PMs). He's not posting new FS/WTB ads here anyways... glen
Old 02-01-2012, 04:08 PM

What do we do about Shane? AB already told me he never sold that guitar. Shane do you have payment records to Alaskabat payment or even gift. You can get it on your PP account.
Old 02-01-2012, 09:28 PM
(a)

Hi Guys,

Yes,I have %110 proof of my original purchase of the guitar form AB.I kept all records of communication & receipts of funds sent to purchase the item back on July 8th 2011.
"The seller" insisted on using moneybookers to pay,which after apprehension,I did.As I had only just registered I was only allowed to send $1300 AU in a single transaction.So I sent 2 amounts.

Amount: AUD 1300.00

Transaction ID: 458215639
Time & Date: 01:40 CET, 08/07/2011

Followed by

Amount: AUD 1200.00

Transaction ID: 458215846
Time & Date: 01:41 CET, 08/07/2011

(copied straight from my receipts ) Here is the cover page I received.

Dear Shane Hodgetts,

TRANSACTION CONFIRMATION

You have successfully made a payment to electric_eye-candy_comics_and_games using your credit/debit card (VISA, 4xxxxxxxxxxx308 on Fri Jul 08 01:28:59 CEST 2011.

The amount of USD 2460.0 has successfully been debited from your credit/debit card.

This charge will appear on your card statement as a debit by: Moneybookers

N.B. If you do not receive the goods you have purchased please contact us immediately and we will investigate on your behalf. Simply write to security@moneybookers.com with 'Non-delivery' in the subject line and include the seller ID and item ID for the auction. For security reasons please do not send us your credit card number.

Sincerest regards,

Moneybookers
Old 02-01-2012, 09:38 PM
(a)

In continuum,

To set the reference on the above information,Here is the very 1st e-mail I sent to "the seller" when inquiring about the evilbay item.....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: electric_eye-candy_comics_and_games
Subject: Other: shane155 sent a message about Ibanez Jem 777 SK First year--1987 signed by Vai #280700488069
Sent Date: Jun-28-11 17:09:53 PDT

Dear electric_eye-candy_comics_and_games,

Hi,

I was wondering if U would ship the guitar neck off without case.I live in Australia,& size restrictions prohibit postage.Using a courier is insanely expensive too.I have had a DY sent like this from the States,well packed ,for under $100.
P.S. Being a fellow Jemsiter(U R Alaskabat ?? ),I notice that U only aquired this guitar very recently.No major reasons for letting it go so soon ?
1 more question.The outside photos make the pink look very faded.I know the neons are hard to photograph,but has it faded,or is the lightsource too excessive ?

Regards:Shane155

- shane155

Ibanez Jem 777 SK First year--1987 signed by Vai
Item Id: 280700488069
End time: 29-Jun-11 19:08:31 AEST
Seller:
electric_eye-candy_comics_and_games (154)
65.0% Positive Feedback
Member since 05-Oct-08 in United States

Listing Status: This message was sent while the listing was active.

Dear shane155,

Yes, Yes, and yes!
I'm Alaskabat! I'l ship with the neck off, and yes--the outside pics make it look faded. Shoot me your email address, and I'll send inside pics.

Cheers,
Rob

- electric_eye-candy_comics_and_games Click "respond" to reply through Messages, or go to your email to reply

So this verifies the Identity of the seller-the item that was ,at this time , up for sale & his every intent to sell it to me.More to come....
Old 02-01-2012, 09:57 PM
(a)

Here's the e-mail I received from "the seller" back on the 11/7/2011..

Dear shane155,

Hi Shane--we just got back home from a trip--got it! The Jem will go out tomorrow.

Rob

- electric_eye-candy_comics_and_games

The "it" he refers to ,is the money I sent previously to pay for the guitar.

By the way, "electric_eye-candy_comics_and_games" is no longer registered on evilbay.It disappeared about the same time I lost all communication with "the seller ". He relisted the same guitar on the ultimate-guitar website using the moniker "spectre13"

I will provide the complete listing of all 35 odd e-mail communications & receipts to anyone who wants to see them.I'm %100 in the right & have nothing to hide ($2460 to lose though -unfortunately )

Shane155
Old 02-01-2012, 09:58 PM
6fingers
This message has been deleted by moebius. Reason: Not needed.
Old 02-01-2012, 11:02 PM

Reviews: 10
Thumbs down

You should butt out of this!!! really!!!

Last edited by moebius; 02-01-2012 at 11:13 PM.
Old 02-01-2012, 11:14 PM

The weird thing is that I have seen a screen shot from AB showing a refund was granted on that same date. I am waiting for AB to explain what is going on.
Old 02-01-2012, 11:25 PM
(a)

Hi Moebius,

I think U were gonna ask him to send a copy to me.I'd love to see it.Like I said,I'll forward a copy on to moneybookers/skrill.Their security dept. would be most interested.If U want everything I have,PM me an e-mail address to send it to.Makes "the sellers" denials very laughable.

Regards:Shane155
Old 02-01-2012, 11:35 PM

So Alaskabat is replying to everyone but who he should be replying too hmmmm
Closed Thread

Tags
ripped off

Show/Hide Posting Rules