<back   Jemsite > Jemsite.com Start Here > Forum Announcements and Member Help

Forum Announcements and Member Help Forum announcements or site news is found here. Members can post calls for help regarding forum/site usage only. Please note this forum is not for disussing forum rules, guidelines and/or moderation.

Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2012, 10:54 PM
moebius  is online

Re: what to do if you a Member has been ripped off in A trade or transaction. What to

I asked him to send you a copy when I PMed him last. This was a while ago and he has not logged on since my message back in January. To clarify, he has not been talking to me and ignoring you. This is old information.
Old 02-01-2012, 11:27 PM
(a)

Re: what to do if you a Member has been ripped off in A trade or transaction. What to

Hi Moebius,

Yeah,I understood that.Thanx for the clarification though.Seems this person is willing to talk to anyone with whom he DOESN'T have "responsabilities" to.

Shane155
Old 02-02-2012, 02:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RG man View Post
So Alaskabat is replying to everyone but who he should be replying too hmmmm
He's replying to no one right now.

This becoming retarded. Still no contact. There should be no excuse for this delay. Is it illegal to ask a hospital if someone is registered? Call local Palmer police? I'm not a US citizen so they won't listen to me. I don't know if that would be viable. At least we know if he's alive and where he is.

Two weeks and nothing. He logged in today and none of us got emails.

Last edited by Sho; 02-08-2012 at 02:18 AM.
Old 02-10-2012, 12:55 AM
RG man
This message has been deleted by jono. Reason: Before you call another member a crook, ensure that he has been labled as such by the legal system in his country.
Old 02-11-2012, 12:52 AM
Sho
This message has been deleted by jono. Reason: Before you call another member a crook, ensure that he has been labled as such by the legal system in his country.
Old 02-11-2012, 01:22 AM

Reviews: 6

This **** pisses me off ! I'm done with this subject ! chalked up as a loss . I guess he can remain on here to continue to RIP people off with no consequence's .
Old 02-11-2012, 01:29 AM

Don't worry RGman I'll try to get the bat one way or another. I'll show him why so serious.

No where did I directly called him a crook.

Last edited by Sho; 02-11-2012 at 02:30 AM.
Old 02-11-2012, 11:56 AM

Just call the ****ing air force, they'll square this away fast.
Old 02-11-2012, 12:30 PM

Reviews: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by musikron View Post
Just call the ****ing air force, they'll square this away fast.
This! I used to be a Bill collector, anytime someone was in the service, it was easy money to collect period! call the nearest base in his area, and let the person in charge know whats going on, and I guarntee you will get a responce!
Old 02-11-2012, 12:54 PM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
Rob is in the Air Force, and is said to have been deployed. Anybody with an uncompleted deal should file a claim to get their money back if you feel you need to. If it's past the point of claim then there isn't much you can do but wait for an explanation, or pursue through his superiors. The military has very strick rules on moral conduct and are willing to get involved.

Warnings are fair game in situations like these and can be addressed when Rob can communicate again.

Best of luck to all, especially Rob in getting this all cleared up. The longer it goes the harder the task will be.
5 pages ago, but it's lost on these guys. They'd much rather continue to type up an online stink than to do anything productive.
Old 02-11-2012, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
5 pages ago, but it's lost on these guys. They'd much rather continue to type up an online stink than to do anything productive.
It appears that way don't it? I confirmed that Bat was alive, but am not going to arbitrate for anyone, it ain't my responsibility. There are ways to get this handled, if it were me it would have been over long ago.
Old 02-11-2012, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamm'n Jimmy View Post
This! I used to be a Bill collector, anytime someone was in the service, it was easy money to collect period! call the nearest base in his area, and let the person in charge know whats going on, and I guarntee you will get a responce!
I worked in collections as well and you are correct. The Armed Forces do not take this kind of thing lightly.

It won't matter to them if he was deployed and was 'unable' to fulfill the obligation. Part of your job in the military is to make sure anything outstanding in your personal, or business life, is not left undone before you deploy. It's very rare these days for someone to be 'called up' with almost no notice... if he didn't have time to deliver, he should have informed anyone with purchases pending and refunded their money.

I've just been watching this thread, and I pass no judgement on anyone since I really don't have first hand knowledge of what happened, just what I've read here, but if it were me I'd do what Rich and Jimmy have already suggested: There are avenues to resolve this, if you have the proper paperwork and he has no proof of actual delivery, it's not hard to get satisfaction and your time will be better spent calling the proper channels than sitting on jemsite casting negative aspirations on someone or their actions, it doesn't help.

I worked for a collection agent that had the accounts with 3 major phone companies, and when our skip-tracers found out the debtor was in the military, even if it was a $10 bill, we had it within days, never an argument, nor did we have to chase them down. If we couldn't get in touch with the person directly ourselves, we simply found out what local base he had been stationed and even if he/she was deployed, or at another base, they made sure the debtor got in touch with us... they do not let this stuff go.
Old 02-11-2012, 04:13 PM

It is worth noting that Sho has advised that he has actually received a refund for the guitar in question, but that there are other issues still outstanding.
Old 02-11-2012, 04:41 PM
moebius  is online

Quote:
Originally Posted by RG man View Post
This **** pisses me off ! I'm done with this subject ! chalked up as a loss . I guess he can remain on here to continue to RIP people off with no consequence's .
What consequences are you looking for? What is it you want us to do to AB? If we ban him then you will never get closure. As I have said since day one feel free to take any real world action you think will work. Go for it.

The word is out. AB is not listing any more classifieds.
Old 02-13-2012, 04:19 AM
(a)

Hi All,

Seems there are a few angry people here.Lets begin by saying that it was my 1st intention to inform anyone who cared to listen of my $2460 bad experience with this "Seller".I had already resigned myself to the fact that I had little to zero chance of recovering my money by just appealing to his once good conscience.I certainly didn't want anyone to fight my battles for me.(Though I really do appreciate the effort made by those who did). It's not possible to contact the nearest Airforce base from where I live (Australia ),otherwise I most definitely would have tried.
I just thought poeple should be given all the facts of my case as they occurred,so any prospective traders or sellers wern't going to suffer the same fate.I'm sure anyone on here who's lost money will wish I'd done it sooner.
Anyway,I don't want anyone banned or stoned of flogged etc.. Just recognised for the poor individual they are.I can only hope the same fate befalls him some day.Maybe then He'll think twice about doing it again.
Once again ,thanx Moebius for Your efforts.I'll move on & pursue this through other avenues.
Old 02-13-2012, 02:21 PM

We have military bases all over the world, AUS included. I bet there is a US military base within 500 miles of you.
Old 02-13-2012, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musikron View Post
We have military bases all over the world, AUS included. I bet there is a US military base within 500 miles of you.
I know one was being considered for Darwin along the north coast, and US Naval vessels will start using our West Fleet Base in WA, but neither of those facilities are anywhere close to within 500 miles of Tasmania, and they are both Navy as far as I know, not Air Force.

This isn't to say that Shane can't get in contact with them, but he definitely can't drive down to the nearest one

Shane, I believe you would still be able to contact the USAF regardless of where you live. It won't matter to them where the dispute is; if one of their people is responsible, they'll make sure it's sorted out (as others have said here).
Closed Thread

Tags
ripped off

Show/Hide Posting Rules