Looking for TRS replacement - need advice - Page 4 - Jemsite
<back   Jemsite > Jemsite.com Start Here > Archived Topics and Common Questions - GO HERE FIRST
Archived Topics and Common Questions - GO HERE FIRST Common topics/questions are archived here. You can reply but not start new threads here. NEW MEMBERS PLEASE GO HERE BEFORE POSTING a question after searching.

Old 01-16-2002, 08:26 AM

Looking for TRS replacement

Im sayin the trs post or the original floyd. *Do you have the studs to go with them? *Im willing to buy them all from you I beleive if the price is right. *I can always find a use for the old ones, and for that matter, what are you doing with you trs trem? *Ill buy the whole assembly from you for the right price. * *(I love making homemade guitars)*
Old 01-16-2002, 08:51 AM

I was thinking of sell it through Ebay

If you really want the TRS......I can sell it to you but
Even the shipping will cost US$15-25 (HK->US, air mail) I think

What I have now :

a) Lo Trs 1 trem + trem bar
b) 3 springs, spring hook + 2 screws
c) 2 TRS trem post ,black, just like the one on the right of the pic
d) 2 OFR trem post + post anchor (came with the Floyd Rose pro), just like the one in the middle of the pic, but Chrome
e) 2 Screws that can be used as trempost if you don't wanna install the anchor

mm........my Digital Camera is out of battery, I can take a pic of all the parts for you if you are interested.

drop me a mail at jediivan@cyberec.com
Old 01-16-2002, 08:54 AM

well im interested *send em my way

Old 01-24-2006, 01:48 PM

Re: Looking for TRS replacement - need advice

how about the gotoh studs? are they goin to fit? without modding?
Old 06-28-2006, 11:06 AM

Thumbs up

I had contacted Floyd Rose via email. They responded by saying that the Floyd Rose Pro w/R3 nut will be a direct replacement of the Lo TRSII temolo. They mentioned that no modifications will be needed.
Old 10-28-2007, 10:25 AM

Ok, guys, it's my first post here, so please be patient ...just installed a Gotoh trem on my RG470. The model is GE1996T&GHL-2.
The main problems are the pivot screws, they don't fit into Ibanez block, so i left the original ones.
The tremolo fits well, no need to work on your wood, but the spring plate is too long for the RG body, LO TRS was 34 mm, Gotoh is 41 mm long, so you won't be able to lock the tremolo cover anymore...not a great problem, but...
The bridge is absolutely fantastic ( 115 Euro), increase sustain, absolute precision, you can dive bomb and pull up like Vai and have no problems at all...
and i've used only 2 springs, with 3 I wasn't able to pull up!!!!!
The main problem with Lo TRS II is the arm, which is ustable, and the feeling, so i'm trying to change the arm holder with ad edge model one...but don't tell me that it doesn't stay in tune, once it is properly settled it is as good as the edge one, but with infinitly less feeling...
Old 10-04-2012, 06:17 PM

Hi!

Sorry to hijack this thread, but there are so many of them regarding trem replacements that I didn't want to start another one.

I've got one of the first JEM555s with the plain white pickguard and the TRS-II. Since the wood has cracked on both sides near the trem anchors so badly that the force of the strings has pulled the trem area up for about two millimeters, I thought when getting this repaired I might as well swap the trem for a better one (interestingly, when I told my guitar tech about the cracks he immediately assumed that it's a JEM, he says he gets that frequently, and not only on Korean ones; and mine, despite its age, hasn't been used a lot).
I prefer low profile trems, so after some reading I understand this pretty much limits my options to the Low Pro Edge (which seems to be hard to find in gold finish, which would be my preferred choice, although the original one is cosmo black), the Edge Pro or the Floyd Rose Pro (all of them pretty expensive...).
So, as I have just read in this thread, the FRP is an easy swap. But what kind of routings would have to be made to fit the other two (especially the Edge Pro, being the least expensive and easy to come by)? As the wood below the trem has to be replaced anyway, increasing the cavity wouldn't be a problem. But I don't want to mess with any of the painted surface. Would that be necessary?
And, just to be sure, I'd need an R3 nut, right?

Thanks for any input, your forums have been very helpful already!

__
Timo

Edit: Just noticed there's also a Schaller low profile FR. How about that one?

Last edited by TaipanX; 10-05-2012 at 06:28 PM..

Show/Hide Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Advice needed - Pup replacement for RG1451 Methroix Pickups & wiring 8 06-06-2012 06:24 AM
EVO replacement Andrius Pickups & wiring 13 02-07-2010 01:43 PM
ADVICE ON REPLACEMENT NECK FOR MY JEM777SK, PLEASE! tzoranski JEM and Universe Guitars 26 08-24-2008 04:37 AM
RG20th Pickup Replacement - Need Some Advice JeffWiredBeck24 Pickups & wiring 5 10-07-2007 09:27 PM
Replacement nut for my OLP? matt_cater Tech: Setup, Repairs and Mods 7 02-21-2004 03:28 PM

Sitemap:1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29