<back   Jemsite > Jemsite.com Start Here > Archived Topics and Common Questions - GO HERE FIRST

Archived Topics and Common Questions - GO HERE FIRST Common topics/questions are archived here. You can reply but not start new threads here. NEW MEMBERS PLEASE GO HERE BEFORE POSTING a question after searching.

Old 12-05-2012, 06:57 PM

Re: New members - introduce yourself here.

Hello,

My name is Chris from China. Recently I bought a used 2006 Ibanez RG1570. I heard that Jemsite is a perfect place for Ibanez-related information, and I'm very happy to be a part of the Ibanez owners.

Cheers
Old 12-06-2012, 03:21 PM

Hey, I'm Frank. I've owned a white Jem 555 for 14 years now but always lusted after a good Jem7... finally bought one second hand a few weeks ago. Awesome guitar.
Old 12-07-2012, 12:10 PM

Hello all from Southern Illinois!

My first "big boy guitar" was an Ibanez. Good stuff.
Old 12-07-2012, 03:35 PM

Hi hi,

I'm Bill. I played guitar in a couple of garage bands after highschool (almost 30 years ago). Nothing really serious but I do still have the first dollar I earned. I was never very good because I was only self taught and learned by ear, and between working a full time job and entirely too much partying I wasn't properly serious about learning all I should have.

Well, I spent 20 years in the Navy after giving up the music business. Shortly after my 2nd divorce my beloved Candy Apple Green 1984 Elite Stratocaster was stolen and I haven't had a guitar in my possession, much less played one since.

That is, until recently. I got the itch again. It's certainly crossed my mind many times over the past several years, but I hadn't done anything about it until now. I have a friend who wanted to learn to play the guitar and that was just the shove I needed to get myself a new guitar and relearn all the things I've forgotten over the years, and work out the kinks that years of not even touching a guitar will inherently cause.

A couple months ago I went to a local Guitar Center and picked out a pretty black Ibanez Guitar, and got a little Fender amp with all kinds of fancy built-in sounds already programmed into it. I was really excited! Well, I hooked everything up and started feeling my way around, trying to bring the memories of old songs back. Here's where I admit I felt like I had no idea what I was doing. I felt like I was fighting for every note. At first I thought to myself, well old man, that's because your fingers are weak and don't have any callouses on them anymore. Keep at it and things will come around! It didn't...All I got was REALLY sore fingers within just a few minutes of playing every time I tried. I was getting seriously discouraged. After thinking about it a bit, I considered the possibility that maybe I'd made a big mistake in buying a cheap guitar. That Strat I used to play was a $1,200 guitar back in 1984. Perhaps the quality of the guitar really made more of a difference in playability than I realized back then. So, I took that pretty black $285 guitar back to Guitar Center and traded it in on a Cobalt Blue RG920QMZ Premium.

It was like entering a new world. This guitar nearly played itself (compared to the other one). I am no longer struggling just to get a note to sound. The sustain is light-years ahead of that other guitar. I'm glad I didn't give up completely and tried a better quality guitar. It really does make a HUGE difference.

Now, I know at some point I'll need to get the action touched up a bit. There's a buzz on the low E string that's starting to annoy me, so eventually I'm going to have to get that fixed. I'm still waiting for my tremolo bar, Guitar Center managed to lose the one that came with the guitar, so they had to order one for me. But for now, I'm on cloud nine and truly enjoying playing guitar again. At 48 years old and what feels like almost starting over again, it's a voyage I am greatly looking forward to.

Cheers to everyone,

Bill
Old 12-07-2012, 05:06 PM

Hi hi,

I'm Bill. I played in a couple of garage bands after highschool (almost 30 years ago). Nothing really serious but I do still have the first dollar I earned and a picture of our band name on the billboard. I was never very good because I was only self taught and learned by ear, and between working a full time job and entirely too much partying I wasn't properly serious about learning all I should have.

Well, I spent 20 years in the Navy after giving up the music business. Shortly after my 2nd divorce my beloved Candy-Apple Green 1984 Elite Stratocaster was stolen and I haven't had a guitar in my possession, much less played one since.

That is, until recently. I got the itch again. It's certainly crossed my mind many times over the past several years, but I hadn't done anything about it until now. I have a friend who wanted to learn to play the guitar and that was just the shove I needed to get myself a new guitar and relearn all the things I've forgotten over the years, and work out the kinks that years of not even touching a guitar will inherently cause.

A couple months ago I went to a local Guitar Center and picked out a pretty black Ibanez Guitar, and got a little Fender amp with all kinds of fancy built-in sounds already programmed into it. I was really excited! Well, I hooked everything up and started feeling my way around, trying to bring the memories of old songs back. Here's where I admit I felt like I had no idea what I was doing. I felt like I was fighting for every note. At first I thought to myself, well old man, that's because your fingers are weak and don't have any callouses on them anymore. Keep at it and things will come around! It didn't...All I got was REALLY sore fingers within just a few minutes of playing every time I tried. I was getting seriously discouraged. After thinking about it a bit, I considered the possibility that maybe I'd made a big mistake in buying a cheap guitar. That Strat I used to play was a $1,200 guitar back in 1984. Perhaps the quality of the guitar really made more of a difference in playability than I realized back then. So, I took that pretty black $285 guitar back to Guitar Center and traded it in on a Cobalt Blue RG920QMZ Premium.

It was like entering a new world. This guitar nearly played itself (compared to the other one). I am no longer struggling just to get a note to sound. The sustain is legit. I'm glad I didn't give up completely and tried a better quality guitar. It really does make a HUGE difference.

Now, I know at some point I'll need to get the action touched up a bit. There's a buzz on the low E string that's starting to annoy me, so eventually I'm going to have to get that fixed. I'm still waiting for my tremolo bar. Guitar Center managed to lose the one that came with the guitar, so they had to order one for me. But for now, I'm on cloud nine and truly enjoying playing guitar again. At 48 years old and what feels like almost starting over again, it's a voyage I am greatly looking forward to.

Cheers to everyone,

Bill
Old 12-08-2012, 04:12 AM

hey guys,

I've been hit with a bad case of GAS for a uv7pwh lately so I thought what better place to register than....jemsite!

Cheers.
Old 12-09-2012, 09:10 AM

Hello everyone! My name is gabriele and I am very pleased to be a new member of the forum
Old 12-09-2012, 12:58 PM

Greetings all!

Hey everybody. I'm new to this site and a recent Ibanez convert! I've been playing strats and teles for nearly two decades and finally got my first RG! I'll be posting very soon!
Old 12-09-2012, 01:54 PM

Hello!

I'm Viktor and live in sweden. 34 years old and had an ibanez rg550 when I was 14 years old. Didn't play the guitar for 15 years until I became 30 and had som kind of crisis wich drove me to try to become a rockstar again. I bought a prestige and painted it cadillac pink!
Now I have a jem 77fp2, a jem 7dbk with a sustainer installed and an MTM2.
Old 12-10-2012, 05:32 AM

Hi,

I'm Peter and live in The Netherlands. I own a Ibanez PGM 500 and a Jem 7PBK. I've been playing guitar for over 25 years, starting at the age of 15. Reason for wanted to start: Ace Frehley. I've always been a big Kiss fan, and later on I got into guitarists like Steve Vai, Nuno Bettencourt, Paul Gilbert, Zakk Wylde and Joe Satriani. Looking forward to communicate with you.

Kind regards,

Peter
Old 12-10-2012, 11:58 AM

Hello fellow Ibanez-Heads

I'm Draven. I've been toying around with Ibanez and Fender guitars for a while. Finally decided to switch to the big guns, and haven't looked back since.
Old 12-11-2012, 08:33 PM

Hello!

Dan from AUS finally registering. I have used this site for lots of info.

Some may know me from ss.org.
Old 12-12-2012, 03:49 PM

Hi folks, i'm honored to be part of the best Ibanez forum in the world.
I'm Simon from Italy, Ibanez fan since 1990.
Soon i will post some pics of my collection

Cheers.
Old 12-14-2012, 07:02 PM

Hey Joe in Atlanta, Just joined tonight because I got a hold of a 93 s540 and learning a little of the history.
Old 12-14-2012, 07:10 PM

Hi, my name is Xaver and I live in Germany. I am currently restoring/modding an old RG 550 of mine and as google constantly made me end up here I gathered it's the best source of info for anything related Ibanez etc. I am fairly new to working on guitars (modding and minor building) even though I have been playing guitar for almost 25 years (and I still struggle...). I worked as a music producer and engineer for almost 20 years but the music industry is so badly messed up right now that i decided to take a break from it and I now work as a project manager for a company that provides services to museums and large art exhibition spaces (audioguides and multimedia installations). Music is still a strong part of my life even though I am not making a living with it anymore. I love guitar(s) but I have never been obsessed enough about them to become a really good player. I kind of detoured towards analog synthesizers and drum machines but I am gravitating towards guitar more in the past 3-4 years. Bottom line is i love music and anything that makes an interesting sound is welcome in my studio. I would say I have a more eclectic taste of music these days even though I grew up on metal and hardcore. These days I find 60s and 70s music more appealing when it comes to guitar sounds and 80s when it comes to electronic music. But there is no real rule to what I like, from a good old reggae tune from the late 60s to modern electronic music via dirty 70s rock anything goes. In the past few years i kind of obsessed about Krautrock a bit (less the prog rock influenced one, more the minimalistic, simplistic and groove driven one.

Tags
ace frehley, acoustic guitar, addario strings, adrian smith, air norton, alder body, alesis midiverb, alesis quadraverb, alex skolnick, amp combo, andy timmons, angelo batio, backing track, bass amp, beautiful guitar, bedroom amp, behringer fcb, billy sheehan, birdseye maple neck, blue voodoo, bogner shiva, boogie dual rectifier, boogie nomad, boogie triaxis, boss chorus, boss digital delay, boss metal zone, boss pedal, boss pedals, breed bridge, brett garsed, bridge pickup, bridge position, bridge pup, burnt transparent blue, buzz feiten, buzz feiten tuning system, carvin bolt, cavity cover, charvel model, christopher woods, chrome hardware, chrome jem, chuck schuldiner, coil pickup, coil tap, combo amp, control knobs, cosmo black hardware, cosmo hardware, crate blue voodoo, custom guitar, custom ibanez, custom jackson, custom jem, custom shop, dave gilmour, dave mustaine, dave weiner, david gilmour, david mccarroll, dean markley, death metal, deluxe strat, diezel herbert, digitech whammy, dimarzio air, dimarzio air norton, dimarzio breed, dimarzio evo, dimarzio evolution, dimarzio pickup, dimarzio pickups, dimarzio pups, dimarzio super distortion, dimarzio tone, dimarzio tone zone, dimarzio tonezone, dino cazares, distortion pedal, dna swirl, doug doppler, drum tracks, dual rectifier, duncan distortion, duncan hot rails, duncan invader, duncan pickups, dunlop crybaby, ebmm evh, ebony fingerboard, ebony fret board, ebony fretboard, eddie van halen, edge pro bridge, edge pro trem, edge trem, electric guitar, engl powerball, epi les paul, epiphone les paul, epiphone les paul standard, eric clapton, eric johnson, ernie ball, evolution bridge, evolution neck, fat strat, feiten tuning system, fender bassman, fender deluxe, fender hot rod, fender strat, fender stratocaster, fender telecaster, fender twin, fernandes sustainer, fixed bridge, fixed bridge guitar, flame maple, flamed maple, flextone iii, floating bridges, floyd rose, floyd rose bridge, floyd rose pro, floyd rose trem, fret board, fret maple, furman power conditioner, gary moore, gauge strings, genz benz, gibson les paul, gibson les paul classic, gibson les paul standard, gibson les paul studio, gibson les pauls, gotoh tuners, guage strings, guitar body, guitar collection, guitar players, guitar playing, guitar port, guitar shop, guitar tech, heavy metal, herc fede, horsie wah, hoshino usa, ibanez bass, ibanez collection, ibanez edge trem, ibanez guitars, ibanez jem, ibanez jpm, ibanez models, ibanez neck, ibanez necks, ibanez pgm, ibanez rga, ibanez rgt, ibanez roadstar, ibanez tube screamer, iron maiden, isp decimator, jackson dinky, jackson kelly, jackson soloist, jason becker, jeff loomis, jem bfp, jem brmr, jem bsb, jem dbk, jem dna, jem pmc, jem style body, jem swirl, jem vsbl, jem vwh, jerry cantrell, jim dunlop, jimi hendrix, jimmy page, joe perry, joe satriani, joe stump, john petrucci, john scofield, jsx head, jumbo frets, kahler trem, keeley mod, kirk hammet, korg dtr, kramer baretta, kramer pacer, larry carlton, lee jackson, les paul, les paul classic, les paul custom, les paul deluxe, les paul standard, les paul studio, les pauls, lgm guitars, local guitar shop, local music store, locking nut, locking stud, locking studs, locking tremolo, locking trems, mahogany body, maple fingerboard, maple fret, maple fret board, maple fretboard, maple neck, marcel coenen, marshall amp, marshall avt, marshall dsl, marshall tsl, marshall valvestate, marty friedman, mesa boogie, mesa boogie dual, mesa boogie dual rectifier, mesa boogie nomad, mesa boogie triaxis, mesa dual, mesa dual rectifier, mesa nomad, mesa rectifier, mesa recto, michael angelo batio, michael romeo, michael schenker, midi foot, mike mushok, monkey grip, monster cable, morbid angel, morley wah, multi effects pedal, music store, neal schon, near mint condition, neck finish, neck pickup, neck pickups, neck pup, neck thru, neck thru body, noise suppressor, olympic white, overdrive pedal, paf joe, paf pro, paf pros, patrick eggle, paul gilbert, paul reed, paul reed smith, paul stanley, pearl jam, pearl pickguard, peavey amp, peavey bandit, peavey classic, peavey ultra, peavey valveking, peavey wolfgang, peavey wolfgang standard, peavey xxl, peavey xxx head, pedal board, pickup combo, pickup ring, pickup rings, piezo pickup, pink floyd, pitch shifter, playing guitar, pointy headstock, power amp, practice amp, pro edge, pro tremolo, prog rock, prs mccarty, rack setup, rack system, randy rhoads, ray vaughan, reed smith, reverse headstock, reversed headstock, richard fay, richie kotzen, richie sambora, ritchie blackmore, rivera amps, robben ford, rocktron chameleon, rocktron intellifex, rocktron velocity, roland cube, rosewood board, rosewood neck, rusty cooley, scalloped fretboard, scalloped frets, scalloped neck, schecter omen, scratch plate, seymour duncan, seymour duncan pickups, seymour duncans, shark tooth inlays, sharkfin inlays, sharktooth inlay, sharktooth inlays, shawn lane, shred machine, signature guitar, signature strat, slant cab, sonic maximizer, sounding guitar, sperzel tuners, squier strat, squire strat, stanley jordan, steve lukather, steve morse, steve vai, stevie ray, stevie ray vaughan, stevie ray vaughn, stomp box, strap button, strap buttons, strap lock, strap locks, strat body, strat plus, strat style, string acoustic, string bass, string fixed bridge, string gauges, super distortion, super strat, sweep picking, ted nugent, teese rmc, thrash metal, tobacco sunburst, tone zone, tony macalpine, trem arm, trem springs, tremolo bar, triple neck, triple rectifier, truss rod, tube amp, tube amps, tube combo, tube head, tube power amp, tuning system, van halen, vinnie moore, volume pedal, volume pedals, voodu valve, wah pedal, warmoth neck, whammy pedal, wilkinson trem, wiring diagram, yamaha pacifica, yamaha rgx, yjm strat, yngwie malmsteen, zakk wylde, zone bridge

You may also search for:

Show/Hide Posting Rules