<back   Jemsite > Jemsite.com Start Here > Archived Topics and Common Questions - GO HERE FIRST

Archived Topics and Common Questions - GO HERE FIRST Common topics/questions are archived here. You can reply but not start new threads here. NEW MEMBERS PLEASE GO HERE BEFORE POSTING a question after searching.

Old 12-16-2012, 02:50 AM

Re: New members - introduce yourself here.

Hello everyone, my name is Martin and am currently residing in Kentucky for the next couple of months until I seperate from the military. I currently own a 2011 RG350MZ upgraded with Seymoure Duncans and love it. Getting back into playing from many years of not touching a guitar. I recently purchased a S540 LTD body off of ebay which I am going to refinish along with the S series neck I purchased last night. Currently plan to swirl the body and refit with the original style trem. I love Ibanez guitars and plan to stick with Ibanez with the exception of anything I build custom. I figure this project will be a good start.
Old 12-16-2012, 10:20 PM

Hey all. Got a B. Mus. performance in classical guitar/lute after having played electric in HS. Played solo recitals/chamber music/guitar trio and taught for a number of years before feeling the call to seminary. Sold off all my gear, including some extremely expensive concert classicals. Just recently decided to pick the electric back up, and have been enjoying it a great deal, along with having opportunity to perform a bit.

Did a little research and grabbed some gear on the fly last year, but it turned out to be pretty good for the while - RG920QMZ (use the new Ernie Ball Cobalt strings, and love them), a Blackstar HT-40 (a fantastic little tube amp, but I wish I'd put out the extra 200.00 and picked up the 60 watt for the extra features and punch), and currently using a Digitech RP-1000 pedalboard, which is pretty nice as far as it goes, but I've been researching putting together an analog pedal board, as I love the sound of the Blackstar itself apart from the simulated amp/cabinets on the RP patches, and I'm not really into the idea of using the RP as a just digital stompbox of sorts.

Oh yeah, I've been dying to try out a set of Bare Knuckle humbuckers. Probably the Black Hawks, but possibly the Holy Divers.

The technique and music side of things I have down fairly well, but have really benefited from the technical knowledge by some of the members on this forum when it comes to the theory of electronics and gear for the electric player.

As far as influences go - of course being on a JEM site I'll have to fess up to Vai being a big one, but also John Schofield/Pat Metheny , early Deliverance, EVH's rhythm work, Clapton's stylistic artistry on "From the Cradle", Phil Keaggy's acoustic work, Freidman/Mustaine, a bit of Blues Saraceno's tone/use of harmonics, some Dream Theater, and a whole bunch of dead guys from the renaissance/baroque eras (Dowland, Wiess, Bach, et al).
Old 12-18-2012, 07:55 AM

Hello all! New to this forum. My name is Sebastian, comes from Sweden.
Have been playing guitars 7 years. I think my knowledge in guitars i greater than my playing I've had atleast 20 guitars trought the years, Ibanez/Esp/Gibson/Fender u name it. Now i think im settled with my gear, Gibson les paul studio, Sg standard and last but not least an Ibanez Rg2120!
Old 12-19-2012, 12:00 PM

hi

Hi .I am from Pennsylvania been playing guitar for about 20 years.Own some ESP's and some les pauls just got a jem 7 its by far my favorite. I think the website is a great help for questions and Knowledge. Thanks Jeff
Old 12-20-2012, 04:30 PM

I am in phoenix, az
I have been playing for 16 years. Music is a hobby for me, so i still enjoy it. I have lurked around this site for years but finally decided to join. I have some old telecasters, an ibanez Aj307ce, Rg7420, 2 rg7321s, rga8qm, agile intrepid 828 pro, peavey bass, 7 string es335, telecaster with a ibanez 7321 neck on it and an rg2228
Old 12-21-2012, 01:06 PM

Hi, Steve here. I work at a music store and need to do some reaserch on a few older Ibanez guitars. Any help would be great.
Old 12-23-2012, 10:53 PM

Cool

Hi, my name is Eric and I'm a fan of some these guitars, not exactly all of them, but a large variety of them. I'm not the best guitar tech out there, but I know some of the basics to the average problems. I hope to support this community, and I LOVE looking at changes/modifcations to your success in find the p[perfect look for sound for those people out there.
Old 12-24-2012, 12:01 PM

Hi everyone, I am Emmanuel and I live in Athens - Greece. I play guitar for nearly 15 yrs now and my main guitars are tele and les paul studio but I own a Starfield Cabriolet Standard as well. Very useful site!! Keep up the good work!!
Old 12-26-2012, 02:55 AM
Suspended

Hello. New here.
Just doing some research on a particular Ibanez model.

Play in a band. That's all
Old 12-26-2012, 06:12 AM

Hello Friends, my name is Felipe Martínez, I live in Rio de Janeiro, I am a systems analyst and amateur guitarist, recently acquired jem model 7VWH; fantastic instrument, but I'm crazy about Ibanez jem models mainly 90s as FP77, UVMC 77, with pyramids in scale; joined I signed up on the site, in order to exchange experiences, make friends and why not negotiate an Ibanez if it appears!
Regards to all and we will see!
Old 12-27-2012, 05:51 AM

New members - introduce yourself here.

Hi, my name is Glenn, I live in Belfast, Northern Ireland. I recently purchased a pre-owned Jem 7vwh. It is an truly amazing guitar. It is a 1993 in great shape. Does anyone know how many were produced in '93? Thanks
Old 12-27-2012, 01:02 PM

Hi I'm Phil from NJ. I've been playing guitar for about 16 years, favoring Ibanez S-series guitars. I currently own an '89 Red Saber, a 200___ metallic Silver S470, a neon green S1XXV 25th anniversary S, 2 RG series and an electro acoustic Performance (along with a few other guitars).

I'm VERY interested in an Ibanez S540 in the flame green/greenburst with gold hardware...along with any other Sabers to be honest.

I also play in a melodic/prog black metal band called Dark Sacrament.

Thank you and I look forward to meeting awesome people and learning more about Ibanez guitars!!!

-Phil
Old 12-28-2012, 08:54 PM
Banned

Reviews: 98

Quote:
Originally Posted by hevymetalphil View Post
Hi I'm Phil from NJ. I've been playing guitar for about 16 years, favoring Ibanez S-series guitars. I currently own an '89 Red Saber, a 200___ metallic Silver S470, a neon green S1XXV 25th anniversary S, 2 RG series and an electro acoustic Performance (along with a few other guitars).

I'm VERY interested in an Ibanez S540 in the flame green/greenburst with gold hardware...along with any other Sabers to be honest.

I also play in a melodic/prog black metal band called Dark Sacrament.

Thank you and I look forward to meeting awesome people and learning more about Ibanez guitars!!!

-Phil
Hi Phil--welcome to the asylum...lol.
Old 12-29-2012, 02:56 AM

Hey guys and gals. New here to try to finally find a Jay Yuenger Iceman. Every time I have ever had money for one they aren't around and they are only around when I don't have the $$$$.

So I usually collect Gibsons but I recently bought my dream drumset and would just finally like to be able to play Black Sunshine on one of his guitars.
Old 12-29-2012, 06:15 PM

Hey guys! I'm new here, I've only ever really posted on ss.org so I thought it couldn't hurt to try something new. Anyways, I just turned 20 and from Vancouver. I play guitar for a progressive metal band called Icosian which takes up most of my time. I teach guitar and do session work for a living. Ho hum

Tags
ace frehley, acoustic guitar, addario strings, adrian smith, air norton, alder body, alesis midiverb, alesis quadraverb, alex skolnick, amp combo, andy timmons, angelo batio, backing track, bass amp, beautiful guitar, bedroom amp, behringer fcb, billy sheehan, birdseye maple neck, blue voodoo, bogner shiva, boogie dual rectifier, boogie nomad, boogie triaxis, boss chorus, boss digital delay, boss metal zone, boss pedal, boss pedals, breed bridge, brett garsed, bridge pickup, bridge position, bridge pup, burnt transparent blue, buzz feiten, buzz feiten tuning system, carvin bolt, cavity cover, charvel model, christopher woods, chrome hardware, chrome jem, chuck schuldiner, coil pickup, coil tap, combo amp, control knobs, cosmo black hardware, cosmo hardware, crate blue voodoo, custom guitar, custom ibanez, custom jackson, custom jem, custom shop, dave gilmour, dave mustaine, dave weiner, david gilmour, david mccarroll, dean markley, death metal, deluxe strat, diezel herbert, digitech whammy, dimarzio air, dimarzio air norton, dimarzio breed, dimarzio evo, dimarzio evolution, dimarzio pickup, dimarzio pickups, dimarzio pups, dimarzio super distortion, dimarzio tone, dimarzio tone zone, dimarzio tonezone, dino cazares, distortion pedal, dna swirl, doug doppler, drum tracks, dual rectifier, duncan distortion, duncan hot rails, duncan invader, duncan pickups, dunlop crybaby, ebmm evh, ebony fingerboard, ebony fret board, ebony fretboard, eddie van halen, edge pro bridge, edge pro trem, edge trem, electric guitar, engl powerball, epi les paul, epiphone les paul, epiphone les paul standard, eric clapton, eric johnson, ernie ball, evolution bridge, evolution neck, fat strat, feiten tuning system, fender bassman, fender deluxe, fender hot rod, fender strat, fender stratocaster, fender telecaster, fender twin, fernandes sustainer, fixed bridge, fixed bridge guitar, flame maple, flamed maple, flextone iii, floating bridges, floyd rose, floyd rose bridge, floyd rose pro, floyd rose trem, fret board, fret maple, furman power conditioner, gary moore, gauge strings, genz benz, gibson les paul, gibson les paul classic, gibson les paul standard, gibson les paul studio, gibson les pauls, gotoh tuners, guage strings, guitar body, guitar collection, guitar players, guitar playing, guitar port, guitar shop, guitar tech, heavy metal, herc fede, horsie wah, hoshino usa, ibanez bass, ibanez collection, ibanez edge trem, ibanez guitars, ibanez jem, ibanez jpm, ibanez models, ibanez neck, ibanez necks, ibanez pgm, ibanez rga, ibanez rgt, ibanez roadstar, ibanez tube screamer, iron maiden, isp decimator, jackson dinky, jackson kelly, jackson soloist, jason becker, jeff loomis, jem bfp, jem brmr, jem bsb, jem dbk, jem dna, jem pmc, jem style body, jem swirl, jem vsbl, jem vwh, jerry cantrell, jim dunlop, jimi hendrix, jimmy page, joe perry, joe satriani, joe stump, john petrucci, john scofield, jsx head, jumbo frets, kahler trem, keeley mod, kirk hammet, korg dtr, kramer baretta, kramer pacer, larry carlton, lee jackson, les paul, les paul classic, les paul custom, les paul deluxe, les paul standard, les paul studio, les pauls, lgm guitars, local guitar shop, local music store, locking nut, locking stud, locking studs, locking tremolo, locking trems, mahogany body, maple fingerboard, maple fret, maple fret board, maple fretboard, maple neck, marcel coenen, marshall amp, marshall avt, marshall dsl, marshall tsl, marshall valvestate, marty friedman, mesa boogie, mesa boogie dual, mesa boogie dual rectifier, mesa boogie nomad, mesa boogie triaxis, mesa dual, mesa dual rectifier, mesa nomad, mesa rectifier, mesa recto, michael angelo batio, michael romeo, michael schenker, midi foot, mike mushok, monkey grip, monster cable, morbid angel, morley wah, multi effects pedal, music store, neal schon, near mint condition, neck finish, neck pickup, neck pickups, neck pup, neck thru, neck thru body, noise suppressor, olympic white, overdrive pedal, paf joe, paf pro, paf pros, patrick eggle, paul gilbert, paul reed, paul reed smith, paul stanley, pearl jam, pearl pickguard, peavey amp, peavey bandit, peavey classic, peavey ultra, peavey valveking, peavey wolfgang, peavey wolfgang standard, peavey xxl, peavey xxx head, pedal board, pickup combo, pickup ring, pickup rings, piezo pickup, pink floyd, pitch shifter, playing guitar, pointy headstock, power amp, practice amp, pro edge, pro tremolo, prog rock, prs mccarty, rack setup, rack system, randy rhoads, ray vaughan, reed smith, reverse headstock, reversed headstock, richard fay, richie kotzen, richie sambora, ritchie blackmore, rivera amps, robben ford, rocktron chameleon, rocktron intellifex, rocktron velocity, roland cube, rosewood board, rosewood neck, rusty cooley, scalloped fretboard, scalloped frets, scalloped neck, schecter omen, scratch plate, seymour duncan, seymour duncan pickups, seymour duncans, shark tooth inlays, sharkfin inlays, sharktooth inlay, sharktooth inlays, shawn lane, shred machine, signature guitar, signature strat, slant cab, sonic maximizer, sounding guitar, sperzel tuners, squier strat, squire strat, stanley jordan, steve lukather, steve morse, steve vai, stevie ray, stevie ray vaughan, stevie ray vaughn, stomp box, strap button, strap buttons, strap lock, strap locks, strat body, strat plus, strat style, string acoustic, string bass, string fixed bridge, string gauges, super distortion, super strat, sweep picking, ted nugent, teese rmc, thrash metal, tobacco sunburst, tone zone, tony macalpine, trem arm, trem springs, tremolo bar, triple neck, triple rectifier, truss rod, tube amp, tube amps, tube combo, tube head, tube power amp, tuning system, van halen, vinnie moore, volume pedal, volume pedals, voodu valve, wah pedal, warmoth neck, whammy pedal, wilkinson trem, wiring diagram, yamaha pacifica, yamaha rgx, yjm strat, yngwie malmsteen, zakk wylde, zone bridge

You may also search for:

Show/Hide Posting Rules