<back   Jemsite > Off-topic & Polls > Off-topic / Miscellaneous

Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

Old 12-05-2012, 03:32 PM

Reviews: 11

Aliens, ET's, Ufo's

That video Corey posted a few weeks ago really sparked my interest. It was the I, pet goat II. I watched it a few times, then I watched various explanations and break downs of what it meant. Which let me to odd phenomenon that have been happening lately, starting with the strange swirl light/ black hole above Oslo Norway...

Then I've been looking around alot online recently, and doing alot of research regarding what that was, which started pulling me into all of these different sightings of UFO's and such.

Now I'm no conspiracy theorist, but, this is crazy stuff to me.

I'm only really interested in mass sightings, since those bear the most probability of not being a hoax. There have been some crazy videos of mass sightings and news broadcasts of some of these events, the two major ones in my opinion being in china or Japan (forget which one) and above Jerusalem...
Does anyone else look into this stuff? Am I going crazy? It's starting to make me believe that our government is hiding alot from us and my curiousity is only growing.
Old 12-05-2012, 03:40 PM

Re: Aliens, ET's, Ufo's

http://youtu.be/xTQVtyh4XkI

http://youtu.be/Pw8UHD7OZvc
Old 12-05-2012, 03:51 PM

An interesting subject for sure. Alien visitations to Earth though I would doubt but anything is possible. They would have to have invented or have some type of travel way beyond our comprehension though. The distances are just too vast. If someone were to set out today in the fastest man made object ever made it would take something like 60,000 years just to reach the nearest star to us (not including the sun obviously). I've read a bit about the government conspiracies but not too much, cool topic though.
Old 12-05-2012, 04:03 PM
(a)

Let's hope they dig music.
Old 12-05-2012, 05:04 PM

I'm guessing they listen to Joe Satriani.
Old 12-05-2012, 05:05 PM

Reviews: 21

I used to believe in UFO's but in the modern age where everyone has a camera on their phone I find myself much more skeptical than in my youth. Back in the day you'd have to have someone be lucky enough to have a VCR type camera on hand if such a sighting were to occur. With everyone having picture and video capability on their phones these days you'd think the likelyhood of capturing "irrefutable evidence" would go up exponentially. So far I haven't seen anything to sway me that UFO's are real. I'd like to think they are but I'd need real proof.
There is one thing that ubiquitous phone cameras have convinced me of:
The US probably has more black jet projects than we thought and probably uses a lot of UAV recon on our own cities.
Cheers!
Old 12-05-2012, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike570 View Post
I used to believe in UFO's but in the modern age where everyone has a camera on their phone I find myself much more skeptical than in my youth. Back in the day you'd have to have someone be lucky enough to have a VCR type camera on hand if such a sighting were to occur. With everyone having picture and video capability on their phones these days you'd think the likelyhood of capturing "irrefutable evidence" would go up exponentially. So far I haven't seen anything to sway me that UFO's are real. I'd like to think they are but I'd need real proof.
There is one thing that ubiquitous phone cameras have convinced me of:
The US probably has more black jet projects than we thought and probably uses a lot of UAV recon on our own cities.
Cheers!
It's like I like to say on a similar note. The last miracle must have occured just before the first video camera was invented. I'm sure it's a quote I stole from somewhere.
Old 12-05-2012, 05:22 PM

Reviews: 21

That's a great quote. I'll have to use it myself if you don't mind.
Old 12-05-2012, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike570 View Post
That's a great quote. I'll have to use it myself if you don't mind.
Go for it. I surely stole it anyway.
Old 12-05-2012, 06:11 PM

I'm a total believer. Always have been. Makes more sense to me to think that there is intelligent life in other places in the universe(s) than to not. I mean hey,, there is life here!,, we are not as special in that aspect as some think. great vid btw
Old 12-05-2012, 06:14 PM
(a)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUITARMAGEDDON View Post
I'm a total believer. Always have been. Makes more sense to me to think that there is intelligent life in other places in the universe(s) than to not. I mean hey,, there is life here!,, we are not as special in that aspect as some think. great vid btw
What if "god" is actually a highly-advanced (like, millions of years evolved beyond us) alien species that created us? Best of both worlds!

EDIT: Hey, you edited your original post while I was replying, heh. Ah, what the hell. I still think my idea is cool...
Old 12-05-2012, 07:08 PM

The second vid was also on a news station. It shut down the airport and delayed 17 flights and was seen by everyone in the city. It was like a worm hole. It was really there, a mass sighting which is why it's so darn interesting to me
Old 12-05-2012, 07:16 PM

Reviews: 15

I'd like to believe because of the government conspiracy hype, but IMO it ranks up there with the Loch Ness Monster.
Old 12-05-2012, 08:21 PM

Its just one of those things that i have to see in person in order to believe it.
And even then,....?
Old 12-05-2012, 08:26 PM

I say it's extremely unlikely that extraterrestrial life doesn't exist. The part I'm skeptical of is their visits to Earth.

Tags
aliens

Show/Hide Posting Rules