<back   Jemsite > Off-topic & Polls > Off-topic / Miscellaneous

Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

Old 06-14-2012, 10:58 AM

Reviews: 4
Talking

Re: BODYBUILDING THREAD

Thanks guys! It seems though that the last 20-30 pounds just hang on like a flea on a dog. I have recently redoubled my efforts. My MAIN problem of course is PORTION CONTROL.
Old 06-21-2012, 06:28 PM

don't you think it is a little boring? no speed(no drugs!) or danger or heavy competition?
And....where are the girls? ofcourse everybody can have their hobby but there is more out there than oversized muscles. i have done it a few monts, been there, done that.

-downhill mtb
-martial arts
-mountain climbing

it gives you a good body too, and it gives a thrill when you do it! excitement!

and you see great places and met great people !
Old 06-21-2012, 06:36 PM

Reviews: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianxtr View Post
don't you think it is a little boring? no speed(no drugs!) or danger or heavy competition?
And....where are the girls? ofcourse everybody can have their hobby but there is more out there than oversized muscles. i have done it a few monts, been there, done that.

-downhill mtb
-martial arts
-mountain climbing

it gives you a good body too, and it gives a thrill when you do it! excitement!

and you see great places and met great people !
The competition is kind of intense in a way.

But the reason I like it is because it's not like anything else in the world in alot of ways.
You learn so much about yourself, you learn how much your truly capable of. Controlling your eating habits, pushing through pain, being consistent. There are ZERO other factors beside you. You control every result.
Old 06-21-2012, 06:37 PM

But I do agree that especially biking would be great, I like the idea of the visuals and the experience that coincides
Old 09-11-2012, 07:56 PM

Still going strong. I weigh 200+lbs now about 11% bf hoping to be at 210-215 by January

Bench - 315
Squat - repping 185x20 225x15 275x10 315x6
Power clean - repping 185 easy
Old 12-05-2012, 02:48 PM

So I stopped bulking last month. Got up to 208lbs. Now I'm cutting. Been doing the Krav Maga for cardio and the lifting 6 days a week still, alot of intensity when I lift.

My lifts have gone up also
Bench - 325
Squat - 410
Dead lift - 405 (hurt back)
Preacher curl - 135
Old 12-05-2012, 07:47 PM
(a)
Classified Watchdog

Damn dude, you are killing it. Those are impressive stats.
Old 12-05-2012, 08:17 PM

Thanks man. Ima post a pic, this was taken the a few weeks ago, only one I have on my phone. I used to be pretty thin so it's a big difference
New one up

Last edited by Bryancap77; 01-30-2013 at 01:39 AM.
Old 01-30-2013, 01:41 AM

New pic
Down to about 196

Old 01-30-2013, 04:33 AM

very impressive on lifting. I started an MMA style workout not too long ago. I like it quite a bit. I have lost some weight and put on some muscle . I am 6' 1 and was at around 180 to 185 which was up from my usual 175. I am back down to 178 and have more muscle. I am not trying to bulk up at all though. I just want to be lean and cut. I am in the army so running with all that extra mass really sucks.

this isn't the workout i am doing now, i tried it and it is brutal though. I couldn't do more than 25 of most workouts. If you watch UFC this workout comes from Army Staff Sergeant Colton Smith.

The Flithy 50

Station 1: 50 handstand pushups

Start upside down with your feet up against a wall and your arms locked out. Lower yourself until your head almost touches the floor and then push back up again for single rep.

“If you can, knock them all out at once; otherwise, come down off the wall, take a quick break and then keep going,” Smith says. “Just remember: If you take breaks, you’re losing time.”

Station 2: 50 push presses

Start standing, feet shoulder-width apart, knees bent slightly, back straight, with a 45-pound weightlifting bar held at your chest. Using an overhand grip with hands at about shoulder width, push the bar straight above your head and then back down to your chest for one rep. For more challenge, if you can handle it, put a pair of 25- or 45-pound plates on the bar.

Station 3: 50 bench presses

Start lying on a bench holding a 45-pound bar with hands shoulder-width apart. “When pushing the bar up, you’re exhaling and locking your arms out and then bringing it all the way back down to your chest,” Smith says. “Just touch the chest, no bouncing it, no resting it.” Again, use a pair of plates for an added challenge.

Station 4: 50 bent-over rows

Holding a 75-pound bar just below your chest, start standing with knees slightly bent while bending over at the waist but not bowing your back. Keeping your spine straight, lower the bar until your elbows are fully extended, then pull the bar back up to right below your chest.

Station 5: 50 box jumps

In front of a 3-foot box, start in a squatting position, then jump onto the box. “Once you’re up, stand straight up, locking your legs all the way out.” Jump back down. Repeat.

Station 6: 50 wall ball squats

Stand facing a wall with a 15-pound medicine ball in both hands. Drop into a 90-degree squat, then explode up, throwing the ball 15 to 20 feet up against the wall. As the ball comes back down, catch it while returning back down into the squatting position. Marking a line or taping an X on the wall provides a good aiming point and keeps you honest on your throws.

Station 7: 50-meter burpee long jumps

From a standing position, drop into pushup position and do a single pushup. As you return to a standing position, instead of jumping straight up — as you would for a normal burpee — do a feet-together long jump. As you land, go back down into your next burpee. Keep going until you’ve gone 50 meters.

Station 8: 50 overhead medicine ball slams

Hold an 18- to 20-pound medicine ball over your head with your arms locked out. Throw the ball straight down into the ground, bending over to catch it as it bounces up slightly. Return to the starting position and repeat.
Old 01-30-2013, 10:31 PM

Dayum that takes some endurance bro! Very crazy stuff there, I'd be pretty exhausted after that. I keep my workouts between 35-45 minutes, no more. That's the optimal amount of time for growth hormone secretion, and little enough to prevent overtraining and catabolism.
Old 01-31-2013, 01:50 PM

Geez, when do you guys have time to guitar practice? haha
Old 01-31-2013, 08:26 PM

I'm down to 200lbs (90kg),getting lean now.....loving it, but it is not easy.

Dedicated though so I'm off to hit the weights now.
Old 01-31-2013, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by corey j grieve View Post
I'm down to 200lbs (90kg),getting lean now.....loving it, but it is not easy.

Dedicated though so I'm off to hit the weights now.
Down from where? Have a good lift bro
Old 02-01-2013, 06:09 AM

Decided to get in shape @246.8lbs (110kgs) 2 years ago.
I have worked out through out life on and off and I'm usually happy around 216lbs (98kg),built but not ripped outta my mind.
But this time i want to be real fit,real ripped... at least once in my life so I'm having a shot at 10% body fat.
Size is not the goal but i will take what i can get,but aesthetics and cut are my goal.
Its a lot easier for me to bulk than cut but I'm enjoying the challenge.

I am 6.2 for the record,so I'm getting leaner....but a long way to go until i see what i want.
The good thing is i have been 200lbs (give or take a couple) for over a year,slowly moving fat and building a little muscle.

Huge set of shoulders Bryan......your picture looks bigger than your weight would suggest.

Tags
bodybuilding, supplements, weights

Show/Hide Posting Rules