Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Christmas- Florida style

1K views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  courtney2018 
#1 ·
We have a local guy who goes all out like the Griswolds every year decorating. He opens up his yard to walk through, and collects donations only, for local charities. So I got a chance to get over there last night and get a few shots, thought I'd share.

See less See more
#8 ·
There are some (more than a few) families around here who go overboard with the xmas lights. I find it tacky and ugly, personally.

I'd rather see a house done with some pretty white lights along the roof and accent lines....maybe a lawn figure if you really love Jesus that much...

The rest of it is just too much and smacks of white trash, IMO.

Which leads me to my next question...

IF JESUS *WANTED* TO SWIM, COULD HE? the dude could walk on water - but if it was hot and he wanted to take a dip, would he be able to stop walking and immerse himself? Where would the switch be? What about baths?

#19 ·

Since I've had my house here, yea. We also decorate like this for Halloween. I don't know if I'll be able to do Halloween like that this coming year or not. My roommate is moving out next week and he had bought all that stuff. He's got skull lights and bat lights for the tree. A fog machine and two animated, blowup characters - a witch coming in and out of her kettle and Dracula coming in and out of his coffin.

I've never done this in years past. The most I did outside was put wreaths on my columns, but last year he wanted to just go crazy with lights, so that's what we did. Those wreaths that you see on the columns and on the garage door I made myself. You should see the one in the back. It's about 5' in diameter. It's huge and got lights all over it. That star you see hanging from the porch...I made that too. It's a few cloths hangers tied together to form a star with garland and lights on it. But hey, it does the trick.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.