<back   Jemsite > Off-topic & Polls > Off-topic / Miscellaneous

Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2011, 02:34 AM

Re: Closing threads before anyone can read them

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheyennepowell View Post
Im done with this site, ive only talked to 9 people and 7 of them are just complete *******s! i originally wanted to use this site to share my guitars and reviews and also read other reviews! im not sure how doing a review of my chibanez is considered as being a dick! its useful info for others who are interested in getting one so therefore im just helping them out! and who ****ing cares about if its a counterfeit or not? if you know what you're getting then there should be no problem with that! ok you can say that im a dick for buying a fake instead of the real thing but honestly wouldnt that make most of us dicks anyway? that would be like calling someone a dick for downloading songs illegally instead of going out and purchasing an actual cd! bottom line is that you're just being hypocritical and if you think you're not, you're a ****ing moron! I guess I'll just stop using this site being as it has served almost no purpose for me! I ask a question and get replies from nothing but *******s! I post a review and yet again, i get a reply from another *******, and he decides to have my thread closed! Thanks for nothing Jemsite! Just a ****ing plethora of self centered *******s!
Harmony Central
Old 11-21-2011, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macka View Post
Buying a new RG 1527 to turn into a UVMC still bugs me. I can't imagine taking sandpaper to a perfectly painted body.....does not compute.
I agree with this, but I believe that the more parts you buy from Ibanez, the less gray area there is. Buy a used 1527 neck and hardware off eBay and have a custom body made for it. There's a lot less gray area there. Buy a used 7620 and start from there. Better yet, buy a new 1527 and a separate custom body, and put the original body in a box in the closet. Those options are still illegal, but there's a lot more integrity in starting from genuine parts.

However, Cid's right, people are going to just do whatever they want to do until the lawyers stop them. But I don't necessarily think it's a dead horse. There's obviously a small amount of hypocrisy in us visiting and posting how much we hate counterfeits in a forum sponsored by companies that will gladly make you a counterfeit. LOL. I believe it's up to us to at least do our best to keep things as honest as we can, and the discussion may help some people to at least be aware that they're breaking the law before they commit to a project.
Old 11-21-2011, 05:17 PM

i have not noticed this on other guitar boards, if you go to BAM and present a custom PRS copy with a PRS sticker on you will not make any friends, same at mylespaul.

Different here , maybe age related
Old 11-21-2011, 08:53 PM

wow this site really has started to fill up with jerks (not pointing direct fingers here)

here's my opinion, as long as ibanez keeps putting out a boring product at a huge price, MAKE ALL THE CUSTOMS and BUY ALL THE CHIBANEZS!!!!

who even cares? it's not like most people are making a living off of ibanez, so why should they care about the counterfeits?
Old 11-21-2011, 09:03 PM
(a)

Reviews: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by nato101010 View Post
........... so why should they care about the counterfeits?
Only one reason that I can think of....... counterfeits drive the cost of legitimate guitars up........costing all of us more.

Old 11-21-2011, 09:04 PM
(a)
Rich  is online
Vendor

Quote:
wow this site really has started to fill up with jerks (not pointing direct fingers here)

here's my opinion, as long as ibanez keeps putting out a boring product at a huge price, MAKE ALL THE CUSTOMS and BUY ALL THE CHIBANEZS!!!!

who even cares? it's not like most people are making a living off of ibanez, so why should they care about the counterfeits?
That should get more than a few fingers pointed directly at you.
Old 11-21-2011, 09:33 PM
therightjem  is online

Quote:

Wow, so people who follow the law are jerks, and people that break the law are cool. You must be a liberal. Don't feel bad, liberals get nothing right. You'll fit right in.
Old 11-21-2011, 09:34 PM
therightjem  is online

Oh, wow, he's from Canada, That explains everything.
Old 11-21-2011, 09:41 PM
(a)

Reviews: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by therightjem View Post
Oh, wow, he's from Canada, That explains everything.
Lucky there arnt any Canadian moderators around, cause that sort of country bashing can get you banned like me
Old 11-21-2011, 09:44 PM
Banned

Reviews: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by IbanezFreak777 View Post
Lucky there arnt any Canadian moderators around, cause that sort of country bashing can get you banned like me
Old 11-21-2011, 09:51 PM
therightjem  is online

Quote:
Originally Posted by IbanezFreak777 View Post

And yet you post, friggin Aussie.
Old 11-21-2011, 09:53 PM

God bless Australia! No im just kidding. If you come to a new forum with a bad attitude chances are your going to meet with a bad attitude in return. I suggest you take some time to read over your posts and consider both perspectives because you seem to have come across a little bit disrespectful here. People on here have a passion for jems whether they be custom made or ibanez produced.
Old 11-21-2011, 10:00 PM
therightjem  is online

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibz_SA View Post
God bless Australia! No im just kidding. If you come to a new forum with a bad attitude chances are your going to meet with a bad attitude in return. I suggest you take some time to read over your posts and consider both perspectives because you seem to have come across a little bit disrespectful here. People on here have a passion for jems whether they be custom made or ibanez produced.

Since it's not really clear, I must ask, who are you talking to?
Old 11-21-2011, 10:01 PM

Ironically Ibanez started their business making copies of Strats and Gibsons.....who was calling them very immature names back then like some people like to do on this forum?
Old 11-21-2011, 10:05 PM
(a)

Reviews: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibz_SA View Post

I dont need to explain myself to you... you have no idea what your talking about... i was banned for the very same jokes, but it takes a mod from that country to have issues with history... I only spoke the truth...

Iv supported Jemsite for years by paying my membership each year... when was the last time your supported a forum with your hard earned money... ???

I have every right to be upset for being banned over a joke that wasn't even a joke, it was clearly historical facts... The first fleet was full of who ???
Closed Thread

Tags
chibanez

Show/Hide Posting Rules