Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Consideration to fellow posters & forum members (& disbanding of the grammar gestapo)

7K views 60 replies 29 participants last post by  rob777vdy 
#1 ·
Consideration to fellow posters & forum members (& disbanding of the grammar gestapo)

Myself & our fine moderators have noticed something that needs correcting on the board. There is too much "telling others how to post". Noone likes to be told what to do, especially by their peers... nevermind that is the job of our moderators :)

Even worse is JJEMMER777 has informed us that we have a select few "self appointed custodians of proper communication" that have annoyed & harassed long time site members due to silly stuff like grammar & causing them to not wanting to post here.

Look, some of us moderators cannot be here as much as we'd like or even need to, but that is not going to change the fact EVERYONE HERE is going to post politely, respectfully and as if the person you are addressing is SITTING NEXT TO YOU.

With this in mind...

Everyone, in the spirit of community please be considerate of your fellow posters and follow these simple posting guidelines:

a. Use decent grammar/punctuation/capitalization where you can, it's simply easier on everyone and a sign of respect

b. DON'T TELL ANYONE ELSE HOW TO POST, the mods AND ONLY THE MODS can do that.

c. don't use abbreviations exclusively, it's an annoyance to everyone. Use of L337 just makes you look like a tool anyway, and may incur an infraction

d. DON'T TELL ANYONE ELSE HOW TO POST, the mods can do that.

thanks... glen

See less See more
#7 · (Edited)
Re: Consideration to fellow posters & forum members (& disbanding of the grammar gestapo)

Bravo. This is exactly what we need. Glen, if you and the rest of the guys can't be here as much as you'd like, maybe you should think about getting a few extra mods. There are plenty of people here who would be willing or even proud to help out.

#11 ·
Re: Consideration to fellow posters & forum members (& disbanding of the grammar gestapo)

Bravo. This is exactly what we need. Glen, if you and the rest of the guys can't be here as much as you'd like, maybe you should think about getting a few extra mods. There are plenty of people here who would be willing or even proud to help out.
Not Dee..........we'd all be getting infractions for not buying an RG every day 8O

:lol:

(just teasin' mate :mrgreen: )

#14 ·

Thanks, that's very kind. I wasn't actually suggesting myself as a candidate, there are members here who would do a great job. I am always around, though, plus I've been a mod on other forums since 2000, so I have rather a lot of experience. I'm also in a different time zone to most of the mods, so the board could get watched around the clock. Only thing is, if I was a mod here, I'd have to start acting more responsibly... I don't know if I can manage it. :lol:

LMAO at Andy!

Now there's a guy who would make a good mod. And you can count on him to bring a spark of life to the board.

#15 ·
Re: Consideration to fellow posters & forum members (& disbanding of the grammar gest

Thanks, that's very kind. I wasn't actually suggesting myself as a candidate, there are members here who would do a great job. I am always around, though, plus I've been a mod on other forums since 2000, so I have rather a lot of experience. I'm also in a different time zone to most of the mods, so the board could get watched around the clock. Only thing is, if I was a mod here, I'd have to start acting more responsibly... I don't know if I can manage it. :lol:
But if you were a mod you'd get to give spankings! ;) Just something to consider! ;) hehe

#21 ·
Re: Consideration to fellow posters & forum members (& disbanding of the grammar gest

Whats that old saying?

The bigger the cushion, the better the pushin' ;)

Rock on!
Is that an old saying really? I thought Spinal Tap came up with that one! ;) hehe It must be true though because everyone in my family has tons of kids! :D hehe I'm the odd one with only 2 little rugrats at home. :D

If you have a friend with a wide angled lens........ can we take a peek? :wink:

Max
For the low price of $29.95 you can see the whole show! Just go to hotbabes.com..... ;) hehe

Ay, I'm such a bad girl! I need a spanking for real! hehe

#19 ·

Very much in agreement Glen

There does some to be a number of members who only post to criticise other members......... as though they spend all their time searching threads to find someone who's not got there thread or post 110% correct both in terms of content and grammar or punctuation............. then major flaming :mad:

Very sad........... these guys should get a life and get out and play their guitars :wink: or find someone to lose their virginity with?

Good reasoned debate is what we want!

Max

#24 ·

I'd be up for it but can't commit to being arond all the time. However if you need another classified mod I'll raise my hand duties there since it's not as 'hands on' and the amount of people leaving threads open from the UK and then firing their stuff on e-bay UK and it going undetected is pretty frustrating. That's in no way a knock on any of our fine mods or Gilk, it's because those auctions don't show in a regular e-bay US search.

#47 · (Edited)

Why use internet speak at all? Do people like prentending to be uneducated? I just don't get it. When making an effort to use proper grammer and spelling really isn't that hard, it just seems a little weak to lower yourself to lazy typing. Just my opinion.

#48 ·

im not the best at typing or spelling,but this is due to health problems (brain hemoridge).this has left me with learning problems which a lot of jemsite members are aware about,so i get cut a lot of slack.if your doing it out of lazyness you should put a bit effort into it.at least im trying anyway.i owe glen and other mods a big thanks for starting this thread as i used to get a bit stick about my spelling ect,but thats all in the past now everyones cool.rob

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.