Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Do you eat a healthy diet??

5K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  VCR 
#1 ·
.....or what you consider to be a healthy. I've been trying of late, battling with a bit of eczema (arms/hands) which seems to be exacerbated by any junk food I eat although there could be a myriad of contributing factors to it.

So do you guys watch your diet? Are you careful with what you eat or are you on a restricted diet due for health reasons??? Do you eat a balanced diet?? Any Vegans on here?? etc...etc....

#3 ·
i eat proper crap lol.this is my diet from day to day,2 slices toast llllllllloads of mamalade on lol,dinner couple of bacon sarnies,teatime either takeaway or something out of the chip pan hahaha not good.i recently had a mot on my health,blood preasure checked blood sample taken,heart checked over ecg scans the lot.when i went for the results i told my gp ive had a bad diet for as long as i can remember,and the results were A1 cholestral levels were spot on,blood presure spot on,heart results came back spot on,the gp says im a medical freak,i said to him yeah i look like one aswell hahahhahahah.i am a bit over weight and dont excersise eat crap and im A1 so its all good lol.

#4 ·
We have a product called "Emu Oil" in Australia that has helped a few people I know with eczema, maybe it could help you too.

As for diet, I could eat better I suppose, no breakfast, sandwiches for lunch, meat and veg for tea most days, takeaway once or twice a week. Too much softdrink. Could be worse, I lived off takeaway when I was a shiftworker.

Rock on!

#7 ·
Thanks guys. I've tried all manner of creams and oils and will look into those. I've heard about them before. Most effective thing I've used actually has been bicarbonate of soda.

The best thing I've done so far is cleaning up my diet. I eat piles of raw veg every day, spinach, broccoli, kale, cabbage etc. I stay away from fried foods totally, I don't eat any types of bread and eat a very low carb diet. I only drink mineral water as well. Supplements I take are Flaxseed oil, Zinc, B Complex and Antihistamine.

I gotta get it cleared up as playing guitar makes it worse. I've tried all sorts of different guitar strings too., My Doctor was totally useless, says it's one of those things and you just have to learn to live with it, gave me a steriod cream and refused to let me see a dermatologist because my eczema comes and goes and is not severe enough.

#8 ·
I gotta get it cleared up as playing guitar makes it worse. I've tried all sorts of different guitar strings too., My Doctor was totally useless, says it's one of those things and you just have to learn to live with it, gave me a steriod cream and refused to let me see a dermatologist because my eczema comes and goes and is not severe enough.
Pity, because you're most likely allergic to a number of compounds. Wheat and dairy (including eggs, but this tends to be severe) most common, and it sounds like you've got a problem with nickel as well - if you can establish this, don't forget that not only the strings contain nickel, your frets (most likely) do too. You may need to pull them and have stainless frets installed.

Hydrocortisones can be fairly good for eczema, but they reduce your body's ability to produce steroids. What you really need is an allergy test.

#9 ·
As I am getting older I have to pay attention to what I eat. I have been blessed with mild IBS. So I had to start eating Activia yogurt which actually helps alot. And for the most part I always have watched what I ate because of cycling and running. Nothing extreme, mostly eating good quality foods. No processed meats, like shaved chicken or balogna. I buy a ****load of chicken breasts for my sandwhiches.

#10 ·
Well I cook for a living. And have family members with food allergies.

I eat whatever I want (including fried foods) as long as I make it from scratch. I do not mean I/we eat cake and french fries all day. Make everything from scratch, everything. This keeps out all the crap you can't pronounce in the ingredients and stay away from products made from corn (high fructose corn syrup mainly, your body has no idea what to do with it).

Do some research and you can make anything at home with simple ingredients. I even make my own beer.

As far as your condition it's up to you to find the right diet and it DOES take time to change your eating habits. Let yourself have mistakes here and there but, keep the idea in front of your mind.

Hit me up if you need help with making something. Stop going out to eat short of 2 or 3 times a month. And for the love of God do NOT buy bottled water!!! Complete different topic about the environment .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.