<back   Jemsite > Off-topic & Polls > Off-topic / Miscellaneous

Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

Old 11-13-2006, 11:16 PM
Inactive Username

Cool

Dreams

Dreams are FASCINATING.

What do you have to say about them?
What are some of your more INTERESTING dreams?

~ Katrina
Old 11-13-2006, 11:21 PM

Re: Dreams

This will be interesting
Old 11-13-2006, 11:34 PM
Inactive Username

For example.

I had a dream last night where I was on a beach rescuing Vai7or7Die (my friend Brandon) from these GIANT snakes that were trying to eat him, but then this model out of a Guess ad walked OUT of the picture and gave me chocolate scented perfume, which I ended up laying down on my stomach for and pouring on my back.

THE BEST ONES are with Steve Vai though. Like when I went to this ghetto person's house the other night, and Steve Vai was there, performing in a closet. A CLOSET! I rescued him from the pit of a house (and vaievo was there too!) and she and he and I went on a walk around the neighborhood. It was .... cold.

Or how about the one where Steve Vai, my friend Brandon, my OTHER friend Brandon, and my friend Chris, and I, were ALL sitting in a car together. We arrived at my house, with our most precious guitars (Vai had a Swirl!!!) and we waged WAR with each other! Whoever did the MOST damage to others' guitars and the LEAST to their own WON! We won tickets to a Vai show!!!!

....Yeah. I hate the ones that involve water. I always end up getting swallowed in a tsunami.

...ONE more. The other day I was working at the Nike 5K Walk for Kids, as a volunteer, and.. this hobo told me I was beautiful and tried to take pictures of me. I got him taken away by security. Two nights later, I had a dream where the same thing happened again, and the hobo was in my NEIGHBORHOOD, and he...... HAD A GIANT VIDEO CAMERA!!!! He started filming me, so I showed him my middle finger, yelled, 'EFF YOU!' but the other word, and ran into my house.

That should help.

~ Katrina
Old 11-13-2006, 11:42 PM

I had a dream once where i was in this place and we were all slaves digging holes and stuff, and when you cut youself (and for some reason everyone did) you had to line up to be stiched up by a giant sewing machine.

other than that i cant remember any dreams i have.
Old 11-13-2006, 11:51 PM
(a)

I always have dreams that my teeth are falling out, I;ve also been dreaming alot about my old house in Chicago lately/
Old 11-14-2006, 01:53 AM
(a)

"Was it a dream where you see yourself standing in sort of sun-god robes on a pyramid, with a thousand naked women screaming and throwing little pickles at you?"

from one of my favorite movies of all time...

seriously though, when i was in college (and had a lot more time on my hands) i read a few books on 'lucid dreaming'. The Queensryche song Silent Lucidity touches on this subject a little bit, and volumes have been written about it.

It's the ability to control your dreams...you can really do some amazing stuff without all that physical-world stuff bogging you down.

The two real important things you can do are
1. keep a dream journal...write down everything you remember as soon as you wake up - as much detail as possible. Keep it nearby during the day if you can, because sometimes a day's event will trigger a memory of a dream.

2. ask your self periodically, throughout the day 'am i dreaming?' and answer yourself ("no", of course). If you do this while awake, presumably you'll ask yourself during a dream and realize that you might answer 'yes' to that question.

Once you're able to cross that barrier, the wall between your conscious and unconscious mind starts to break down and you can control what's happening. Some consider it an out of body experience.

None of this is very easy...I actually "got there" one time that i can remember. It kinda felt like i was rising up out of my body, still lying in my bed. I flew out my bedroom window and down the block before my conscious mind said 'ummmm...no'.

If you've never flown in your dreams before it's pretty awesome. It's a good 'first goal' to set if you try to undergo lucid dreaming.

Oh...one tip...you're most likely to become lucid shortly before waking up. What i used to do (and it worked) was to set my alarm for an hour or so before i actually had to wake up...get up for a few minutes, reset the alarm for the correct wake up time, and go back to sleep 'til the alarm went off. It's that 'half in/half out' kinda feeling you want.

Give it a shot! Don't let your brain dictate what you dream about!

I took a nap on my couch this morning while listening to the "an evening with Kevin Smith" DVD...had a dream I'd fallen asleep on my neighbor's couch while watching it. It was real as could be. I felt weird seeing them later in the day, because they were in the dream wondering why i was sleeping on their couch.

Goo luck!
Old 11-14-2006, 05:34 AM

I rarely dream. And when I do, it's just a bunch of stuff from my life, all mixed up together in some kind of weird, disturbing way.

I prefer daydreams. You can control those.

Kind regards,
Myst and rain
Old 11-14-2006, 06:20 AM

Im still stuck on Katrina's dream with "chocolate scented perfume"

I used to keep a dream journal back in the P&W days, might have to dig out a weird one...if I can still find it.
Old 11-14-2006, 08:01 AM
Inactive Username

Lucid dreams are AMAZING.

Been there, done that.
I must be special because I do that, like, every WEEK.
It always happens when there's water. I'm like, "Oh, no way. I'm totally dreaming." I tell myself to BREATHE under the water, because, hey! It's only a dream. Cool, huh? Also, I often ask other people in my dream if they realize they're sleeping too. But when I wake up I realize.... they weren't having the SAME dream as me, they were just IN my dream. haha!

Go team!

~ Katrina
Old 11-14-2006, 10:47 AM
(a)

Well....you know you don't even want to get me started on dreams Katrina

But I will say that I do dream intensly and vividly every night

Ususally too vivid
Old 11-14-2006, 11:17 AM
(a)

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcid View Post
I always have dreams that my teeth are falling out
You're joking ,right?....that is meant to be VERY bad.....

(but I'm not superstitious so I wouldn't worry if I were you)
Old 11-14-2006, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJEMMER777 View Post
Well....you know you don't even want to get me started on dreams Katrina

But I will say that I do dream intensly and vividly every night

Ususally too vivid
Tell me about it. The only recent 'clean' dream I've had is when I dreamt that I was taking Michael Ballack's place in Chelsea.
Old 11-14-2006, 11:55 AM
(a)

Katrina needs this: (3bay item 260052652646)
Old 11-14-2006, 12:09 PM
(a)

Ha hahah!

That's perfect ~K
Old 11-14-2006, 12:09 PM
(a)

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcid View Post
I always have dreams that my teeth are falling out, I;ve also been dreaming alot about my old house in Chicago lately/

It means that you have doubts about your situation changing drastically, and making you unable to take care of yourself (and thus dependent on others) AND everybody being aware of this (fear of shame). Your old house in Chicago you probably consider some kind of sanctuary where you did not have (or were still ignorant) of these fears.

I hope this is useful for you.

Regards,

JP

Tags
david lee roth, steve vai

Show/Hide Posting Rules