<back   Jemsite > Off-topic & Polls > Off-topic / Miscellaneous

Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

Old 03-19-2004, 03:50 PM

In the immortal words of my driving instructor:

"If you see a large shiny silver octagon, stop, you're going the wrong way on a one way road"

And most importantly: Don't hit anyone!

I had a friend who failed for going a little too far over the line at an intersection (like, barely at all, but they failed him )
Old 03-19-2004, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davester1234
I knew a guy who did a driving test last year, started off real conservative, did everything neccessary, made sure he wasn't speeding, was looking both ways etc, being safe and passive....

he did however make one mistake, I forgot what it was, but they told him he wasn't quite ready to drive, and that they were going to fail him this time around, but that he should come back soon for a retest.

Well, this really angered him because he was supposed to drive out to a camping trip that weekend, and it was now off. So seeing as they were in HIS car for the test, as soon as the instructor failed him he cranked Anthrax up on his stereo, and gunned into 140kmp/h back to the test centre LOL!

The instructor almost had a heartattack!
hahahaha , thats real funny. My friend also done a similiar thing , he hit a kurb whilst parking then he asked the examiner if he failed , and he nodded...so he got his moneys worth and blitzed it down the country lanes
Old 03-19-2004, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton
Quote:
Originally Posted by davester1234
I knew a guy who did a driving test last year, started off real conservative, did everything neccessary, made sure he wasn't speeding, was looking both ways etc, being safe and passive....

he did however make one mistake, I forgot what it was, but they told him he wasn't quite ready to drive, and that they were going to fail him this time around, but that he should come back soon for a retest.

Well, this really angered him because he was supposed to drive out to a camping trip that weekend, and it was now off. So seeing as they were in HIS car for the test, as soon as the instructor failed him he cranked Anthrax up on his stereo, and gunned into 140kmp/h back to the test centre LOL!

The instructor almost had a heartattack!
hahahaha , thats real funny. My friend also done a similiar thing , he hit a kurb whilst parking then he asked the examiner if he failed , and he nodded...so he got his moneys worth and blitzed it down the country lanes
hehehe!

ah, quite the perilous job those examiners have, isn't it? LOL!

You gotta love when people's true colours come out!
Old 03-19-2004, 04:32 PM

When you check your mirrors, make sure you move your head and not just your eyes... the examiner will be watching the road, what you're doing and the scoresheet, so won't necessarily see that you're doing all the right checks.

But have confidence and be relaxed and it should all come naturally.
Old 03-19-2004, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren wilson
When you check your mirrors, make sure you move your head and not just your eyes... the examiner will be watching the road, what you're doing and the scoresheet, so won't necessarily see that you're doing all the right checks.

Yea, I'm already into the habit of doing that sort of thing (going for my test soon-ish too) from when I took my drivers training (took Young Drivers of Canada, great course).
Old 03-21-2004, 09:44 PM

STRESS LESS is all I can say
Old 03-21-2004, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two hands31
Quote:

Yea, I'm already into the habit of doing that sort of thing (going for my test soon-ish too) from when I took my drivers training (took Young Drivers of Canada, great course).
I took that course too. Best 600 bucks my parents ever spent
Old 03-22-2004, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Two hands31
Quote:

I took that course too. Best 600 bucks my parents ever spent
I hear that
Old 03-22-2004, 12:58 PM

We should probably start a permanent thread on driving habits and stuff. I know that Rich would fill it up this with some of the most funny stories ever.
Old 03-26-2004, 06:04 AM

I failed I got 17 minors instead of 16. So I got 1 too many.
Nevermind. Try Again.
Gary - The.Godfather.
Old 03-26-2004, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the.godfather
I failed
I got 17 minors instead of 16. So I got 1 too many. A bit petty.
Heh. I wouldn't call 17 minors "petty". I'd call it "time for more practice!"
Old 03-26-2004, 09:07 AM

Yeah I know what you mean.
But I just meant that if I didnt do some stupid little mistakes I would have done it. I meant no offense or nothing, there was no need to be harsh.

I had no majors or anything. But as I say, just try again!
Gary - The.Godfather.
Old 03-26-2004, 09:19 AM

Sorry if i came across as harsh... the "Heh" was meant to signify that i was chuckling as i wrote that.
Old 03-26-2004, 09:33 AM

Sorry if I got the wrong impression. I am just sooooo dissapointed at the minute. Its still sinking in. I was a bit gutted, thats all.

Gary - The.Godfather
Old 03-26-2004, 10:08 AM
(a)
Administrator

Reviews: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by the.godfather
I failed I got 17 minors instead of 16. So I got 1 too many. Nevermind. Try Again. Gary - The.Godfather.
That is a bummer & a minor setback but think of all the $$$ you save in car insurance Good luck on the retake... glen

Tags
darren wilson

Show/Hide Posting Rules