<back   Jemsite > Off-topic & Polls > Off-topic / Miscellaneous

Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-01-2013, 08:44 AM
andrewsfury  is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: alabama u.s.a.
Posts: 1,625  -  iTrader: (6)
Reviews: 37

ebay sux ( an epic battle for nice guitar)


Hi dudes.
this is a story of an epic battle to find a good guitar on ebay.
Last week i bought a prs custom 24 i asked seller everything i could.
I asked was there any dents on frets under the strings?
well he said no but there was so long refund process and 60.00 shipping lost on my end.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/330874454172...84.m1439.l2649

So i got the money back finally yesterday and bought this.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/170997920696...84.m1439.l2649

The strange thing is another sller had the same pics of this in another auction.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/CHARVEL-SO-C...item4851382338

so anyway i asked him whats up? he said i dont know but ill relist it with my ebay name in the picture. so he did and i bought it.

then today i find this in the other guys feedback.
BEWARE !!! NOTICE SELLER SELLING SAME GUITAR !! FAKE NECK ON CHARVEL I RECEIVED Buyer: Member id browningtown ( Feedback Score Of 432) Feb-01-13 07:55
CHARVEL SO-CAL Pro-Mod Electric Guitar Candy Red MIJ with Case (#31054441623


yeah that is the guy i bought it from ( browningtown).
so i am in the process of getting him to refund my money for this crapp he even said was crapp and fake.

I cant win for losing i should have just bought a 7620 like i was gassing for last month but i wanted something different.

This sux and ebay sux.
quote
  #2  
Old 03-01-2013, 11:43 AM
6fingers  is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Brazil
Posts: 4,982  -  iTrader: (0)
Reviews: 64

Re: ebay sux ( an epic battle for nice guitar)


Release your fury

Crap people everywhere, the only ways to avoid that kind of thing are or buying from a store or getting it personally.
Those phockers will never take my money because (thank God) I don't have gas
I have all guitars I need for working and the ones I want (gas), or are too pricey or are not here so no crap strangers will take my money.
Hunt him then after took his skin off, swirl him!
quote
  #3  
Old 03-01-2013, 03:17 PM
HTSMetal  is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Satan's Armpit, KY
Posts: 28  -  iTrader: (0)

Re: ebay sux ( an epic battle for nice guitar)


Man that's a shame. I've been an eBay user since 2001 and I've noticed the sheer number of fakes, counterfeits, and downright wrong descriptions of items are definitely on the rise. Just a month ago I sold an NES video game on eBay, had a zero feedback bidder win the auction and never pay or respond. Don't get me started on PayPal either.

Strangely enough, the few times I've purchased a guitar on eBay (always against my better judgement, I really hate buying an axe that I can't play first), everything has worked out awesome. I just bought an Ibanez RG1570 two months ago and it was in pristine, untouched condition, exactly the way the seller described.

In the end, really the only gauge of a buyer or seller's honesty and reliability is feedback. Before even considering doing business with them, read their feedback in-depth. Hopefully it'll save you trouble in the future.
quote
  #4  
Old 03-01-2013, 03:27 PM
andrewsfury  is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: alabama u.s.a.
Posts: 1,625  -  iTrader: (6)
Reviews: 37

Re: ebay sux ( an epic battle for nice guitar)


check this out from seller:
Dear andrewsfury,

The money has been transferred from my paypal to my bank
and takes 2-3
days but as soon as it post I will refund your money in
full. Btw there
is no discoloration on this neck. It looks brand new. That
guy was
selling obvious fakes and were nothing like what his pictures
showed. You
could easily tell they were Chinese knockoffs and didn't even
have the
right logo. HIS pictures in the auction were fake. No worries
I'll call
UPS now and cancel the shipment. It should still be at the drop
off and I
will refund your money.
>


now look at this this is guitar i bought.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/170997920696...84.m1439.l2649

this is guitar he bought and said it was fake with a negative feedback left to this seller.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/CHARVEL-SO-C...p2047675.l2557

if you look at the 4th fret the discoloration is exactly the same even in the picture with his username. on top of that the pictures are identical.

wtc?
how dumb do i appear on ebay.
now today he changes his feedback after i wanted a refund.this is it.

BEWARE !!! NOTICE SELLER SELLING SAME GUITAR !! FAKE NECK ON CHARVEL I RECEIVED Buyer: Member id browningtown ( Feedback Score Of 432) Feb-01-13 07:55
■Reply by srvblues (Mar-01-13 09:22):
Authentic Guitar! Buyer Resold Guitar As Authentic on eBay!

CHARVEL SO-CAL Pro-Mod Electric Guitar Candy Red MIJ with Case (#31054441623 US $799.00 View Item CHARVEL SO-CAL Pro-Mod Electric Guitar Candy Red MIJ

with Case


this was this morning.

then today i find this in the other guys feedback.
BEWARE !!! NOTICE SELLER SELLING SAME GUITAR !! FAKE NECK ON CHARVEL I RECEIVED Buyer: Member id browningtown ( Feedback Score Of 432) Feb-01-13 07:55
CHARVEL SO-CAL Pro-Mod Electric Guitar Candy Red MIJ with Case (#31054441623
quote
  #5  
Old 03-01-2013, 03:58 PM
Stealthtastic  is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canadia
Posts: 1,228  -  iTrader: (6)

Re: ebay sux ( an epic battle for nice guitar)


Yeah man i hate ebay, I stick to buying an selling on forums with people who have feedback or ive known for while.
quote
  #6  
Old 03-01-2013, 04:42 PM
RyansJem  is offline
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Cleethorpes, England
Posts: 636  -  iTrader: (0)
Reviews: 13

Re: ebay sux ( an epic battle for nice guitar)


I had a little thing going on like this when i bought a JVM head a couple of weeks ago, i got it for a score and thought everything was great, it was listed as being recently re-tubes and bias but when i got it, stock tubes where still in it, and the power tubes blew a week later But thankfully, the guy who i bought it off was a nice guy and refunded me 50 for the power tubes i had to put in!

These things happen i guess, but like 6fingers said the only way to avoid things like this is to go to a store. Makes me lose hope in the guitar trade when people try to con you like this!

Ps. that first prs was a stunner!
quote
  #7  
Old 03-01-2013, 05:02 PM
andrewsfury  is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: alabama u.s.a.
Posts: 1,625  -  iTrader: (6)
Reviews: 37

Re: ebay sux ( an epic battle for nice guitar)


Quote:
Originally Posted by RyansJem View Post
I had a little thing going on like this when i bought a JVM head a couple of weeks ago, i got it for a score and thought everything was great, it was listed as being recently re-tubes and bias but when i got it, stock tubes where still in it, and the power tubes blew a week later But thankfully, the guy who i bought it off was a nice guy and refunded me 50 for the power tubes i had to put in!

These things happen i guess, but like 6fingers said the only way to avoid things like this is to go to a store. Makes me lose hope in the guitar trade when people try to con you like this!

Ps. that first prs was a stunner!
yes it was so sexxy.
i bought the newer factory prs clear knobs for it too. they were 50.00
it was pretty as heck and clean for a 98 but frets sucked and it sounded like a strat from china cause the frets.

my music store sucks so bad they got all the low end guitars and nothing good unless you want a 4500 dollar lespaul.

and its 1 hour away from me.
alabama sux
quote
  #8  
Old 03-01-2013, 05:07 PM
6fingers  is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Brazil
Posts: 4,982  -  iTrader: (0)
Reviews: 64

Re: ebay sux ( an epic battle for nice guitar)


Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewsfury View Post
it sounded like a strat from china cause the frets. sux
Hey I'm not the only racist here

There's only one race = human race.
Physicall differences = places where people were born.

A racist(people who can't understand there's only one race) is dumb and crap just like that phucker who tried to fool you.
quote
  #9  
Old 03-01-2013, 05:35 PM
(a)
CosmicDebris  is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Richmond VA, USA
Posts: 3,946  -  iTrader: (7)

Re: ebay sux ( an epic battle for nice guitar)


Quote:
Originally Posted by 6fingers View Post
Hey I'm not the only racist here

There's only one race = human race.
Physicall differences = places where people were born.

A racist(people who can't understand there's only one race) is dumb and crap just like that phucker who tried to fool you.
I don't discriminate. I hate everyone equally regardless of skin color or guitar choice.
quote
  #10  
Old 03-01-2013, 05:42 PM
andrewsfury  is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: alabama u.s.a.
Posts: 1,625  -  iTrader: (6)
Reviews: 37

Re: ebay sux ( an epic battle for nice guitar)


Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicDebris View Post
I don't discriminate. I hate everyone equally regardless of skin color or guitar choice.
amen. except these ebay sellers i hate them a little more.
quote
  #11  
Old 03-01-2013, 05:52 PM
6fingers  is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Brazil
Posts: 4,982  -  iTrader: (0)
Reviews: 64

Re: ebay sux ( an epic battle for nice guitar)


Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicDebris View Post
I don't discriminate. I hate everyone equally regardless of skin color or guitar choice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewsfury View Post
amen. except these ebay sellers i hate them a little more.
quote
  #12  
Old 03-01-2013, 06:53 PM
andrewsfury  is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: alabama u.s.a.
Posts: 1,625  -  iTrader: (6)
Reviews: 37

Re: ebay sux ( an epic battle for nice guitar)


wow just wow.
the seller said he would give me a refund.

so he opens a cancel case and tells me to go ahead and cancel.
at this poaint i called ebay.
they said if i accepted the cancel before the refund was made i was screwed.

thanks god i didnt and called them first.
this guy tried to screw me even more.
he tried to trick me into blocking myself from a claim.

he said well if you cant cancel i cant refund you because paypal fees.

\what a joke.

anyway glad i called ebay and my money is still safe.

NEVER ACCEPT A SELLERS CANCEL ITEM CASE UNTIL YOU ARE REFUNDED FIRST.
quote
  #13  
Old 03-01-2013, 08:00 PM
worldrecordholder  is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Portland Oregon
Posts: 140  -  iTrader: (0)

Re: ebay sux ( an epic battle for nice guitar)


A few years ago I purchaced a Busa engine (4K$) from a guy in NC. Well, long story short he never sent it, dragged it on and on.

He would of never thought that I have friends all over the world NC included.

-Some of my 'pipe hitting' <(Pulp Fiction ref.) friends KNEW the guy and his girlfriend (*was under her account and had great feedback) The guy had a rap sheet a mile long and had active warrants. The sportbike community is very 'tight' and HATES thieves (the friends I have are part of this community).

Not that I am condoning this but....

-He was woke up at 4am with a shotgun pressed against his forehead, and thats no joke. He was given "motivation" to fulfill his obligation.
I got 'A' motor; not the one that I had bid on but the one out of his personal bike.

I was also very lucky....just an odd set of circumstances and good friends that just happened to KNOW the exact MFer. This story was told to let anyone reading it that is considering screwing someone that the world is small and anger is a powerful motivator.

I have had really good luck with ebay....and bad experiences too.

I like CL because I can go pick up whatever it is that I am buying.

Hope it works out for ya.

~JH
quote
  #14  
Old 03-01-2013, 09:01 PM
andrewsfury  is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: alabama u.s.a.
Posts: 1,625  -  iTrader: (6)
Reviews: 37

Re: ebay sux ( an epic battle for nice guitar)


Quote:
Originally Posted by worldrecordholder View Post
A few years ago I purchaced a Busa engine (4K$) from a guy in NC. Well, long story short he never sent it, dragged it on and on.

He would of never thought that I have friends all over the world NC included.

-Some of my 'pipe hitting' <(Pulp Fiction ref.) friends KNEW the guy and his girlfriend (*was under her account and had great feedback) The guy had a rap sheet a mile long and had active warrants. The sportbike community is very 'tight' and HATES thieves (the friends I have are part of this community).

Not that I am condoning this but....

-He was woke up at 4am with a shotgun pressed against his forehead, and thats no joke. He was given "motivation" to fulfill his obligation.
I got 'A' motor; not the one that I had bid on but the one out of his personal bike.

I was also very lucky....just an odd set of circumstances and good friends that just happened to KNOW the exact MFer. This story was told to let anyone reading it that is considering screwing someone that the world is small and anger is a powerful motivator.

I have had really good luck with ebay....and bad experiences too.

I like CL because I can go pick up whatever it is that I am buying.

Hope it works out for ya.

~JH
paypal always covers me.
dude that was the awesomest post i ever seen on jemsite.
lol so funny and hardcore and like i was there. hahahahah
quote
  #15  
Old 03-01-2013, 09:09 PM
63Blazer  is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Northern California
Posts: 1,612  -  iTrader: (0)

Re: ebay sux ( an epic battle for nice guitar)


Honestly, who would buy a guitar, sight unseen, on eBay? The neck could be warped/twisted, and even if perfect, it may just simply not gel with you.

My friend bought a couple of fake Les Pauls, one for cheap that was obviously fake, but not to him but the other was expensive and looked basically OK but was a fake. If I am getting a Gibson Corvus for $100 it's not bad but a fake Les Paul sucks. Also a fake Jem or Satch would hurt where as a fake GRG wouldn't be as bad. There are some Chinese fakes now even of lesser priced Ibanez models. There's money in faking just about everything from their low cost point of view. That being said, some of these fakes are not bad even though they are unethical.

Some of the fake Ibanez Jems out there have become so darn convincing, and even though great guitars in their own right at times, it's still not fun to shell out a grand or more and then end up having a fake Jem or fake Les Paul Standard.
quote
Reply

Tags
ebay sucks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Show/Hide Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



Show/Hide Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Steve Vai's guitar on ebay tylerful JEM and Universe Guitars 22 03-01-2013 07:12 PM
NUGD (New Used Guitar Day) of epic proportions. Riverdragon Other 6-string Guitars (non-Ibanez brand) 6 06-14-2010 12:06 PM
Steve Vai Guitar Battle sugizo_esp Multimedia: Music, Pictures & Sounds 12 12-31-2005 05:39 PM
Anyone sells guitar on ebay? Question... cocobig Vendors, Auction & Reseller Talk 1 10-09-2003 06:44 AM
What is this guitar on ebay? jclogston Vendors, Auction & Reseller Talk 3 09-01-2003 11:08 AM

Sitemap:1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) jemsite.com
Powered by