Ibanez JEM Forum banner
27K views 81 replies 42 participants last post by  bammbamm 
#1 ·
You'll have to trust me on this - I don't have the print yet - but just got the phone call.... "World's Largest Guitar Store" is closed. 13 employees terminated.

-jemaholic

#22 ·
I wonder if this also has anything to do with his legal troubles. He has been buying guitars to resell without all the proper Clark County and Las Vegas permits.
He bought 2 Jems stolen from a local music store employees car and got busted, then stung by the Fuzz again. The local rumor tree has had it the Fuzz was working on shutting him down permenantly.
I need to now drive down the street do a little dance, and buy some parts.

#24 ·
Apparently the celebration has been premature- I hear that Roman claims that he's going to open up shop somewhere else in Vegas later down the line.

I can't help but think about Tony Montana's drunken speech in Scarface about people needing "da bad guy" when it comes to Ed Roman.

#29 ·
I can't help but think about Tony Montana's drunken speech in Scarface about people needing "da bad guy" when it comes to Ed Roman.
:lol: Ironically, a buddy of mine was drunkenly giving this speech at a bar last night.

The rumour is (and this WAS posted on sevenstring.org) that Ed Roman sold the site to a car dealership because the profit margin on cars was higher than on guitars. I find this hard to believe given that I understand car dealerships generally make only two or three grand on each car they sell, but hey, what do I know. :lol:

Also worth noting is that this is a little fishy in that it doesn't explain why he's trying to "buy back his name" if he sold the site, and not the business. I'm wondering if he did get shut down.

#30 ·
You've obviously never dealt with the guy, or know anyone who has. The difference between Roman and GC is at the end of the day, the guys at GC are just idiots. Roman, meanwhile, is an idiot and a criminal, to say nothing of a racist and a general jack-arse.

#48 ·
I went to his store last time I was in Vegas and it is a really hard spot to get to. I can kinda understand the high prices. With a shop that big( and if you have not been there it really is huge) the price of square footage must be huge, and you can only mark up the price on cheap guitars soo much, so you increase the price of the ones that might actually sell, high and try to get back some of your costs. I think had he been on the strip he would have done much better. but mix all that with bad business skills, personality and everything and you have a failed business. chef21

#33 ·
I could imagine Ed Roman selling cars. He would claim that he knew Henry Ford and designed the model T with him. Then he would write articles bashing Chevy (even though he's authorized to sell them), encouraging you to buy one of his own custom model cars, which are just Mazda Miatas with a new paintjob and a different nameplate bolted on.

And a used Toyota Camry with 85k miles would cost $24,999.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.