Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Fiancée!!!!!

8K views 70 replies 29 participants last post by  Meechy 
#1 ·
I just mentioned this in another thread, but I thought I'd do a 'formal' thread for it here so I don't hijack another thread.

JEFF ASKED ME TO MARRY HIM!

We said before we were going to wait, and we still are, but he found a ring that is just AMAZING and thought 'even if we're engaged we don't have to get married right away', so he got it and asked me.
Against what I'd said before, I emphatically said "YES". :D
We're not going to set a date; yet, but it feels so amazing just being engaged, knowing that it's for real now, not just some 'speculation' that could happen 'someday'.
We have a 'contract' now and I'm going to hold him to it. LOL
I'm not just 'vibrating' right now, I'm absolutely 'buzzing'. ;)
It wasn't some big 'Hollywood' style proposal.... fancy clothes, big fancy restaurant... nope: we were actually just sitting on the sofa (well, I was laying and he was rubbing me feet) and he said, "Look what I found today." and showed me this beautiful ring.
I was like, "Um.... huh?" at first. LOL
He pulled me close and just said, "Will you be my wife someday?" and put the ring on my finger.
I swear, it couldn't have been any better than that!
I have to 'vibrate' into my clothes for work now. Just wanted to share this with my cyber-family here on Jemsite. :D

See less See more
#15 ·
That's awesome! Congratulations.
We hope to do just that. We've always tried to actually stay 'friends' before anything else. We, obviously, love each other but we try to keep everything in perspective.
He's my best friend, he's my 'Honey' and my 'Rock'. I know he'll do anything to make me happy, but I'm not the kind of girl that would ever take advantage of that. Even when he tells me, "Okay, we'll do what you want to do." I stop him and make sure I know what he wants too, and then we figure out a middle ground.
Just doing what your 'partner' wants to do, regardless of what you want, leads to resentment, and I NEVER want to have that in our relationship.

#11 · (Edited)
Thanks everyone. :D
Hmm, register at GC AND Ibanez Rules. :p
...and Sam Ash and Musicians Friend and.... Macy's!
Almost forgot about Macy's. LOL Not that we actually need anything for the house, we have too much stuff as it is now. LOL
Still vibrating. Off to work.
Thank you again everyone. I never imagined I'd feel this happy about something. :)

#22 ·
Nope, not preggers. LOL
Although; this is West 'By God' Virginia.....shotgun weddings aren't unusual.
Someday, but let's get through the wedding first. I am, after all; 'A good little Catholic girl' don't forget.
;)
Anyway, thanks again everyone. Off to bed. Work in the morning for both of us.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.