<back   Jemsite > Off-topic & Polls > Off-topic / Miscellaneous

Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

Old 10-25-2005, 01:38 PM

Reviews: 6
Talking

Finally got an ipod

So i've been searching for a mini in my favorite color for sometime. It had to be a 6 gig. So in my searching the cheapest i can find was 235. I ran a search on regular ipods and managed to find a 20gig for only 10 bucks more, and it comes with some free goodies too!. I've been using garage band to put all my vinyl on itunes. Should be good stuff. Vai, zeppelin and hendrix are all musts as far as music. Anyone have any advice that may keep it from crapping out spontaneously like some of the horror stories i've heard?
Old 10-29-2005, 01:19 AM

Re: Finally got an ipod

hah. don't drop it =P
well i have the third gen. one and its recently starting to only last an hour of play.. like it shuts down randomly.. well the batt. is only suppose to only last 18 months.. ive gone 2 years and 4 months. haha time for a change.
Old 10-31-2005, 08:19 PM

I just picked up my first one- the new video iPods. I like iPods, but I'm still not sold on the extra cost for this video one. The 2 1/2 inch screen doesn't help much if the movie is widescreen version! But it is cool to back up all my photos and iTunes library.
Old 11-01-2005, 08:11 PM

I bought mine a couple weeks ago, I don't think it's a video, it may be just the photo, but I actually really like it. People can rag on em all they want but it's a very useful tool when space is a concern. Ain't much room on a submarine .
Old 11-02-2005, 07:40 AM

Angry

I've had 2 in the last 15 months. The first one needed repairs 2 weeks after the standard 1 year warranty went out (fortunately for me I had bought the extended warranty). Now the replacement I received in the first week of September froze up yesterday and is unresponsive. Apple has now suggested I send this one back for repairs and/or replacement. I'm starting to think they should rename the iPod to iPos. (piece of sh*t)
Old 11-02-2005, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arthurlee04
hah. don't drop it =P
well i have the third gen. one and its recently starting to only last an hour of play.. like it shuts down randomly.. well the batt. is only suppose to only last 18 months.. ive gone 2 years and 4 months. haha time for a change.
You can get a new one for about $60. I have a 3rd gen iPod with a weak battery, too. I stopped in at an Apple Store a couple of weeks ago, and was told that Apple will replace it for $60 with a brand new 3rd gen iPod for $60. I told him I bought it used, and he said it doesn't matter. The next time I go to the Apple Store, my iPod is going with me.

P.S. Apple also offers this deal on its web site, though it has broader language, e.g., repair or replace with a new or refurbished iPod. I'm guessing that's just CYA language, but I'm just bringing mine into the store, so I can get a new one ASAP.
Old 11-02-2005, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arthurlee04
hah. don't drop it =P
I have a 3rd gen 40gb iPod. Works fine.

If I do not charge it for a long enough period of time it will shut down even when plugged in to my cigarette lighter in my car. And sometimes certain buttons do not work, and then they work a hour or so later. But for the most part it works

You may also search for:

People searched for this, also searched for these:

songs on ipod cutting out?
how many songs on 16gb ipod

Show/Hide Posting Rules