<back   Jemsite > Off-topic & Polls > Off-topic / Miscellaneous

Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

Old 11-17-2012, 10:57 AM
(a)

Reviews: 2

Re: Funniest thing I've Ever seen at a Gig

Back in the '80's I did sound for Chicago based production company. We were doing sound for a band called "Joker" one night at the gateway theater. We had done their production for a few years by then and knew them pretty well. The singer used to open the second set by climbing on the main stack while the lights were down, when the set opened he was magically "up there"........... We provided wireless mic's for them to do their stunts. One night we wrapped a banana in electrical tape with a mic "muff" taped to one end, we left it on top of the stack. The singer spent almost two full minutes singing into a banana before he figured out what was going on....... we laughed about it for years!!!!!

Old 11-17-2012, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGTFanatic View Post
Back in the '80's I did sound for Chicago based production company. We were doing sound for a band called "Joker" one night at the gateway theater. We had done their production for a few years by then and knew them pretty well. The singer used to open the second set by climbing on the main stack while the lights were down, when the set opened he was magically "up there"........... We provided wireless mic's for them to do their stunts. One night we wrapped a banana in electrical tape with a mic "muff" taped to one end, we left it on top of the stack. The singer spent almost two full minutes singing into a banana before he figured out what was going on....... we laughed about it for years!!!!!
Thats great sh*t man!!
Old 11-17-2012, 04:06 PM

Reviews: 4

I really should go whiz before reading goofy stuff like that banana story! Good times...
Old 11-17-2012, 06:05 PM

How you must have laughed!!!
Old 11-21-2012, 12:51 PM

Did he eat it after? LOL
Old 11-21-2012, 06:35 PM

1990, Enmore Theatre, Sydney Australia. My first time ever at a rock concert and me and some mates are in the 2nd row for Joe Satriani on the Flying In A Blue Dream Tour.

We get to Big Bad Moon and the place is going off, Joe's up there switching between harmonicas and slides and back to fingers during one of the guitar solos and one of the huge speaker cabinets on the stage falls off and bounces onto the guy in front of us. Roadies come running from everywhere to lift the cabinet up off the guy and make sure he's ok but Joe just keeps plugging away, I dunno if he even saw what happened !
Old 11-22-2012, 09:06 AM

Funniest thing I've seen was a gig postponed for an hour while the guitarist went home to retrieve his reading glasses he'd forgotten. Couldn't read his chord charts. That, my friends, is rock AND roll.
Old 11-22-2012, 09:10 AM

15th of March 2008 - Palace Theatre, Melbourne. (Formerly the Metro)

COG and Sleep Parade ruled it that night, spot on. My buddy and I were up towards the front, in the middle of the crowd. I noticed there was a very short, very bald man in the audience who was obviously on something and was moving erratically. I watched his movements and could see that he was seeking out males in the audience. He'd move in front of them, turn his head back towards them a couple of times and move on. I looked like he was going for people's wallets, so I kept an eye on him. He got near me and my mate who were standing side by side. He backed up to me and I was prepared - clenching my wallet firmly in my cargo shorts pocket. He instead reached his hand back and went straight for my nuts! WOAH THERE - back off. He looked back at me and I told him to **** off. My mate was oblivious, he hadn't seen anything and the short pervert just moves 1 person over to him and goes for another fondle! My mate shoved him and laughed in his face, as if to say "WTF are you doing?!" (the music was far too loud to actually hear people beside you speaking words)...Probably about 15 mins goes by, we see the same guy climb the stairs towards the backstage area, he just walks straight past backstage security, walks on stage and takes a running jump towards the crowd. Only problem is, he jumps into the air with his feet tucked up under him, and smashes both his knees into some poor audience member (not funny, looked extremely painful). A member of security at the barrier in front of the stage saw the whole thing because the guy sailed over him - this security guy just picks him straight up outta the crowd by his neck and slams him on the ground (very funny, also looked extremely painful)

Aside from dirty chicks pissing in coke bottles at festivals, that's about the funniest thing I've seen at a live music venue.

Tags
bands, battle, kentucky

Show/Hide Posting Rules