<back   Jemsite > Off-topic & Polls > Off-topic / Miscellaneous

Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

Old 11-12-2012, 06:07 PM

Funniest thing I've Ever seen at a Gig

It was at the Somerset KY Battle of the Bands, probably around 2007, and midset, the bassist for a rather overweight band jumped into the air with the intent of landing in his power stance. Upon hitting the ground, he tore his ACL and was down for the rest of the set. He did finish the set on his back and was taken to the hospital immediately. I have never seen anything like it!
Old 11-13-2012, 07:12 AM

Re: Funniest thing I've Ever seen at a Gig

This is not quite as funny as I had expected, but then again, I wasn't there in person
Old 11-13-2012, 01:16 PM

I suppose you'd have had to have been there really.....
Old 11-13-2012, 01:37 PM
(a)

Reviews: 13

Ohhh, I thought that this was just another Justin Bieber thread.

-Wolfram
Old 11-13-2012, 02:18 PM

It was hilarious, but I also have a twisted mindset of thinking personal injury is a bit funny at times
Even he thought it was hilarious, and nobody had a clue what happened until after the set. Being there to see it though... priceless.
Old 11-13-2012, 04:06 PM

damn, I thought you was gonna say something like a line 6 combo amp or a marshall MG full stack lol. But that is way worse.
Old 11-13-2012, 05:53 PM

Tearing your ACL is not funny at all, but... how you described this guy did it is.
Old 11-13-2012, 07:04 PM

Back in 1994 or 1995, I went to the first and only Knoxville International Metalfest. A blackmetal band called Ancient played. About half way into the first song the singer walked to the side of the stage and grabbed a club that had nails or spikes sticking out of it. He sang with it for a few more minutes, then at the end of the song he raised the club and slammed it, like an axe, into a two foot tall gargoyle located at the edge of the stage. It was made a foam. The spikes stuck into the gargoyle, we he picked up on the club he picked up the gargoyle. When it would not come loose, he started slamming it on the stage. It just bouced off the stage. He must of slammed it 10 times. Finally he threw it to the side of the stage.
Old 11-13-2012, 09:07 PM

Reviews: 11

He finished the gig? LOL What a trooper!
Old 11-13-2012, 10:41 PM

Reviews: 15

Old 11-14-2012, 01:25 AM

dickicker, I rolled laughing at that. Poor tone is nothing to laugh at though. Especially if I have to listen to them.
Old 11-14-2012, 01:26 AM

I went to a rockfest in 1999 or 2000 in kansas city( one of those two years its kinda fuzzy). The nixons were playing and the guitar players guitar just went dead, so hes up on stage while the rest of the bands still playing and his tech finally comes out after the guitarist just cant seem to figure out whats going on after a few minutes or so, and the tech bends down and hands him his guitar cord that had slipped out of the guitars input jack but wait it even gets worse, later in the set the singer trys to jump into the crowd from the stage but hes dosent quite make it and lands on the guard fence that seperates the crowd from the bouncers, half of his body just friggin lands on the fence... he tryed to play it off but you could tell he was in ungodly pain after that......Im shure they felt like man!! that was the worst set that they had ever played

Last edited by nathan80; 11-14-2012 at 07:31 PM.
Old 11-14-2012, 09:23 AM

I saw Morbid Angel at the Enmore Theatre in Sydney back in '92. They were supported by a local death metal act called Sadistik Execution. About half way through their set, their bass player, for some reson known only to himself it seems, decided swing his instrument at his head and deliver a crushing headbutt to it, producing what I can only describe as a his take on the bass solo.

As you can probably imagine, when skull and bass meet, bass wins every time. The fool staggered about a bit and then collapsed in a heap on stage, mid gig, which continued sans bass for the rest of the song. No great loss, Geddy Lee he was not.

That was funny and bizarre to watch, but doesn't even compare to the scene that followed. When Morbid Angel took the stage, the fans up front decided they didn't want to take to their seats, which were bolted to the floor. They instead decided to tear them loose and stomp the everloving crap out of them. I'm pretty sure the front 15 or so rows were reduced to kindling. Glad I wasn't part of the cleanup crew...
Old 11-14-2012, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusicManMichael View Post
dickicker, I rolled laughing at that. Poor tone is nothing to laugh at though. Especially if I have to listen to them.

Yeah, lol. Nothing I hate more than going to shows and seeing dudes roll up with the guitar center sale specials/ bedroom amps.

But yeah, I dont do any kinda jumping around crap on stage. But I know about a million fat dudes( no offense to anyone who is bigger) that can run and jump and do all sorts of crap on stage. Of course they are covered in sweat by the time their done. haha. I don't see how they do it.
Old 11-14-2012, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathan80 View Post
I went to a rockfest in 1999 or 2000 in kansas city( one of those two years its kinda fuzzy). The nixons were playing and the guitar players guitar just went dead, so hes up on stage while the rest of the bands still playing and his tech finally comes out after the guitarist just cant seem to figure out whats going on after a few minutes or so, and the tech bends down a hands him his guitar cord that had slipped out of the guitars input jack but wait it even gets worse, later in the set the singer trys to jump into the crowd from the stage but hes dosent quite make it and lands on the guard fence that seperates the crowd from the bouncers, half of his body just friggin lands on the fence... he tryed to play it off but you could tell he was in ungodly pain after that......Im shure they felt like man!! that was the worst set that had ever played
I would give ANYTHING to have been there for that set. They should've stayed at the house that night. Nothing like some good personal injury to make a gig a little better. I think people don't realize that's as much part of the show as the music. Practice that stuff before trying it!

Tags
bands, battle, kentucky

Show/Hide Posting Rules