Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Hate Crime - actually a film thread...

1K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  63Blazer 
#1 ·
This is totally insane:

http://defamer.gawker.com/50-shades-of-sigh-the-disastrous-50-shades-of-grey-p-1683492446

Is this for real or is it one of the most creative and downright sneaky advertising campaigns for a movie? Not having read 50 shades, now I want to see the movie just to see if the rumors of the two romantic leads hating each other is true.

With so much money and anticipation on the line, what gives with such unprofessional behavior?

#3 ·
Re: Hate Crime

Who cares. :D
That's what I would have thought but I guess this whole thing intrigued me.

I guess if I had to relate this to music, when I grew up I was so astonished to find out how much my favorite childhood band, Kiss, pretty much despised each other. I saw a show right before their original lineup broke up and that band had "chemistry". But even the kids magazines (Creem, Hit Parader, etc) did sometimes portray the tension between frontmen Paul Stanley and Gene Simmons. On some level some of us fans were more biased towards Gene and others loved Paul and I only thought theirs was always a friendly rivalry. ;)

Later I liked the Beatles and maybe the tension between John and Paul created some great things though it probably only led them into their 10th year and then kaput. But then look at the Stones.

#8 ·
Oh god

i thought this was one of the few places left where 50 shades couldn't find me ;)

Sometimes with music. the people who make it influence the way you feel about it both good and bad (or just add some backstory to it at least). Other times it doesn't. When I listen to bands who supposedly hate each other Im rather surprised they managed to stay tight and productive, which actually can make me respect them more.

Pop stuff- who gives a ****

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.