Ibanez JEM Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

I am a strange, hypocritical person

5K views 58 replies 24 participants last post by  JJEMMER777 
#1 ·
I'm 17 years old, and I have a head full of confusion. There are some things about me that confuse me. I'd like to share my weird feelings with you all, and maybe some of you can help me make some sense out of it. Here goes...
My girlfriend and I have been together for 2 years, and I love her to death. I am a fairly liberal musician, though I have some conservative thoughts like if you're going to do something, do it well...blah blah, very grandfather type stuff. But she is a VERY liberal rebellious person...the way she's been brought has assured this. She's had very little family love/compassion her entire life, and finally last year she became quite a partier/pothead. I made her cool down, and she introduced me to marijuana, which I thoroughly enjoy from time to time. She writes fantastic, funny, witty, satirical short stories and poems. Like I said, I love her to death. Our relationship is very mature for our age and I can honestly see us getting married one day. But here's the weird part...
On the topic of her very liberal, rebellious nature, she sometimes pisses me off, even though I might agree with her on a given subject. Or maybe reading the poetry she wrote when she was stoned makes me mad, or thinking of when she was a big pothead. It ENRAGES me for some reason, even though we agree on alot of things and I enjoy the wacky tobacky from time to time myself. She's heading off to college next year (I'll be senior in high school) and I'm paranoid that she's going to party a crap load and become and bum and get raped or something, even though I know her will is very strong. She is determined to not suck like her mom and works VERY hard, but I have this constant paranoia about her for no reason. I hope you, so far, understand.
I understand why thinking back to her pothead days makes me mad, because she was spending a lot of time with a bunch of shady dudes (I'm also a very jealous guy...if I see her talking to another man, I get mildly upset, though I've learned to suppress it) and I was scared for her well-being. But getting mad at her satirical poetry or ideas is weird because I agree with her. Another very odd example is that we watched "The Doors" movie a couple nights ago...I was telling her how it was getting me in the mood to try shrooms and she was telling me that it was a dumb idea. Today she was at work and it was slow and she finished the movie, called me, and said that she was in the mood to smoke, and I got mad! Which of course made me mad at myself. I wasn't outwardly mad at her, I just agreed with what she was saying. The thought of her partying with other people upsets me too.
She is sort of into that Zen/Buddha style hippie thing and I'm not, which is cool, but she writes alot about that stuff and reading it upsets me. These are all just examples of what it's like, and no, my life isn't drugs...just alot of these examples pertain to them. It's not totally serious, though I'm making it sound like it is; it doesn't consume me. It's just mildly annoying. I've gotten alot better at accepting her hippie ways, and I'm starting to mimic some of them.
The bottom line is that I get angry at some things that I agree with. What the hell?
smitty

See less See more
#36 ·
So how many girls do you know that cheated on their boyfriends of two years in college?
All of them. The first time, they're gonna give you a bullsh!t sob story, and you'll forgive them, and that gives them the free ticket to do whatever they want from there on out.

It's kind of like this: how many middle school hand-holding romances make it through high school. None. Well, this is another milestone.

#39 ·
Hi dude, well I just broke up with my girlfriend a couple of months ago because she was way too jealous, I mean I never cheated on her, and I loved her a lot, I really mean a lot, but she practically made it impossible for me to have female friends because everytime I would talk to any other girl even if the girl was very ugly she would get extremely jealous, and I just couldn´t take that **** anymore.
I really trusted her a lot and I wouldn´t get mad if she was with her male friends or anything because I thought our relationship was very strong and could not be messep up by that jealousy nonesense because I would have never cheated on her.

So my advice is trust her man, talk to her and if shes willing to commit and she loves you really you should not worry, and well after they cheat once, if you forgive them they´ll do it again and again and again, so it´s better to end your relation in case that happened, anyway dude if you talk to her and both agree you shouln´t worry

#43 ·
teenagers love to use that word... hypocritical. It was all over my journals from that age, I admit. its because you think you know exactly who you are at 16 or 17, and when you change (which happens to everybody as they grow older) you freak out. people just change too much from 17 to 20 or so. This thread reminds me how Im glad Im not 17 anymore.

the only 2 high-school sweathearts I know that are still together (6 yrs later) hate each other's guts.

#57 ·
all i know is from hs to college, i experimented alot, and these nmumbers are far from what anyone i know or me has every experienced.....gold caps, thats all i got to say, now on the other hand you may have been eating amoneta mushrooms wich do grow wildly...unless there was a flaking top that resembles a dark gold leaf texture, it wasnt psilocibyn
and yes there are a couple forms of it, some are extremely poisonus and some are injestable

but if u claim u saw magic mushrooms growing in teh street i gotta say no to that one

they grow off manuer only, even when people grow them indoor, you need manuer and spores

thats about it

go ahead and look it up im done mate!

but you did not eat 100 magic mushrooms, not at all, youd be in a mental hospital or dead trust me, what you had was probably something else

#58 ·
Look guys, this thread is done. It was done a long time ago.
We had a long talk today, and she assures me she'd never think of doing anything like that. I totally trust her. She's been having the same worries about me, and I would never cheat on her; I think that's about as low as you can go. Sure, you can think about it all you want, but hell don't go and do it.

You guys are talking about totally different subjects. I've only gotten two good replies, the rest is just everyone telling me that we're doomed. God, I hate to sound like the stereotypical teenager, but you lived in a different time. Nowadays, instead of everyone being retarded, there are two groups: The extremely retarded and the smart people who have morals that they follow; by morals I mean not cheating and not banging some chick because the opportunity presents itself. I swear, some of you are the most shallow thinkers in the world. I won't name names. ;)

The "pee" thing was a joke. True, but a joke. That wasn't meant to gauge how in love we are.

Yes, I'm aware that a rocky road is ahead. That isn't what the thread is about! Goddamn! I know that college/high school will test us, but I'm confident that we can get through it.

About highschoolers and college dudes not mixing at parties...I guess maybe my town is kinda weird, but there are tons of college parties (people that commute to campus) that highschoolers attend. In fact, that makes up the majority of them.

So, please Glen, close this damn thread before it scares me (again) into thinking that our relationship is doomed. It's really pissing me off.
You probably won't even look to close this, but I'm done here. Everyone else can keep on reminiscing about their long lost whore girlfriends.
smitty

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.