Ibanez JEM Forum banner

I stuck it to the man

4K views 23 replies 11 participants last post by  P. Aaron 
#1 ·
I have been writing an Honors English paper for about 3 hours--a weighted comparison of Jean-Paul Sartre's "No Exit" and Ernest Hemingway's "The Short Happy Life of Francis Macomber."
Two great stories, but I'm fed up with this. Tomorrow is the last day before spring break. Come on!
We have to submit it on this stupid school database site thing called moodle. So instead of writing the paper, I started ranting in my writing space. I ranted and cursed and then finally start writing, only to start ranting and cursing again.
Sure, the teacher will see this and get very upset, probably give me a Saturday school or something. But hell, superintendents look at it too. And the last time someone cursed and ranted on moodle, they got very mad at her.
Muahaha.
And to think, for 3 hours I could've been dissecting Scofield's and Martino's arrangement of "Sunny;" true, useful education.
smitty

#5 ·
:D
Only being a jackass to teachers is funny if they deserve it. I honestly can't stand the modern education system. I really think that we'd be much better off without all the computers and crap.
There was one year when for some reason we had a very low budget, had to conserve alot, etc. Oddly enough, I learned the most that year. There were discussions, less use of technology and sometimes even less use of paper. We used our minds more. Everytime I hear of a grant to school for some new smart board or computers in their desks I cringe.
smitty

#18 ·
Most AP classes are jokes. They're just more, harder work, not better teaching or higher thinking.
smitty

By the way, I didn't choose to take Honors English. My parents made me!
But it turns out she didn't see my comments, and I had to delete them anyway to start work on another paper. So whatever. I suppose I'm saved, but it would've felt nice to upset her.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.