Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Im moving to Hong Kong, like to talk to anyone from HK !!

2K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  klp2332 
#1 ·
Gday all, its official my wife and I are moving to Hong Kong for a lifestyle change.

I was wondering if anyone, on jemsite, is from Hong Kong. Id like to get to know more about the music scene there. I want to play some music while im there, so any comments or good places to go to see bands etc..

Thanks

#3 ·
Nope, and that store is in Bangkok, which is a cheap flght from HK :)

But yeah, its something we have been planning for a while.

Something exciting and different, before we return to melbourne, which seems to be the settle down and have babies capital of the world..... YAWWWNN !!!

#4 ·
Wow, cool move. Tom Lee in HK was my dream place for equipment back in the day. The store I bought my first Ibby (RG440 Roadstar II) was in Ocean Terminal (Tower music, I think it was, but can't remember)

I think the largest problem is space and noise.

Good luck and enjoy!

#7 ·
There are many Tom Lee stores in Hong Kong, Ocean Terminal isn't or was ever one of them. Must have had a mix-up.

The Main Showroom would be in Cameron Lane in Tsim Shau Tsui, MTR Exit B2 comes at out Cameron Road, where theres another Tom Lee store that sells/Rents Pro Audio Equipment. From exit B2 just walk 30 metres, then turn left into Cameron Lane. http://www.tomleemusic.com/

Use www.centamap.com for reference.

@IbanezFreak777
So what brings you to Hong Kong? Work?
edit: nvm, "lifestyle change"

Ill give you information for bars for performing, and other events for local musicians when I have more time.

#8 ·
Thanks for the helpful info klp2332

I am moving with the wife, because we want a lifestyle change, some excitement, and business with china..... I d love to join a working band, or dj work whilst I live there.

wanna be my first friend in HK :)

yeah i hit the 777 post mark !!!

#9 ·
Where you will be living will play a huge role in the kind of people you meet. There are a lot expatriates everywhere in Hong Kong, especially on the Island, but some areas in Kowloon populated with expatriates.

Standard of Living is also generally higher on the Island, but not necessarily. Kowloon offers a lot too.

Existing British/Canadian/Indian residents from World War 2 are also everywhere.

Most people can speak fluent English here, so that should not be a problem.

Anyways, you probably know all this, since you've already made a decision.

Pick up some HK guides, many made specifically for expats, some English magazines like "HK magazines"(Free, Can be found almost anywhere) to help you settle in, that has everything to do with events, clubs, bars, parties, etc.

www.geoexpat.com - Expat site with forums, classifieds ads and almost everything to help people settle in.

Have you found work? or a place to live yet?

#11 ·
Nope no jobs, or a place to live. I have 6 months before me and the wife go.

We have been looking in the area called Tung Chung ? I think its called. Supposedly cheaper and close to the beach with Aussie expats living there

Il be looking for music work, but will probably be furthering our evilbay business, with products direct from China.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.