Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Is it me or............

4K views 54 replies 25 participants last post by  dex 
#1 ·
are people getting suspended more often? I have been seeing lots of jemsite members on suspended and banned status and it makes me wonder if the rules gotten a bit more strict around here? Just wanted to chit chat about it and get people's thoughts on the subject.

Jimmy:smile:

#39 ·
Part of the 'problem' might be the anonymity people have online. If they spoke that way to others face-to-face, they would most likely be knocked unconscious by someone that won't take it lying down.

It's great that the mods have allowed a little bit of freedom in the forum, and some non-mod members do a great job of reeling in a loose cannon when they get out of hand.

It's the subjectivity of 'out of hand' that can be a gray area. In these gray areas, I think the mods and only the mods should be the ones to make the decision to put the brakes on the member if they see fit. This includes discussion on something as trivial (in the grand scheme of things) as gear. Noone should be called an idiot if they like and Edge III more than an original Edge.

#49 ·
I for one believe in "Periodic House Cleaning".
It is about the only way to keep a level of integrity here on the site.

Funny, some think it's their 'right' to be here and say what they want....
those are the ones who have forgotten that Glen and the Mods are allowing us permission to be here and use Jemsite.

Also I've seen newbies drop in and invariably many have been booted from their prior haunt only to come stir trouble here. When you've got this many people you're bound to get some who believe they are above the rules.

Mods are doing a great job.

-jemaholic

#51 ·
I for one believe in "Periodic House Cleaning".
It is about the only way to keep a level of integrity here on the site.

Funny, some think it's their 'right' to be here and say what they want....
those are the ones who have forgotten that Glen and the Mods are allowing us permission to be here and use Jemsite.

Also I've seen newbies drop in and invariably many have been booted from their prior haunt only to come stir trouble here. When you've got this many people you're bound to get some who believe they are above the rules.

Mods are doing a great job.

-jemaholic
Well said.

I'm actually puzzled by the question that started this thread (not picking on jb4674) and some others I've seen recently. There are actually some who think that the First Amendment applies here and darned if they can't say whatever they want. :roll: I mean you *do* agree to the rules by joining and they are quite clear. I guess some don't realize they are guests in someone's "home" and must behave accordingly. Makes me wonder if they've ever been a guest in someone's home in real life and/or if they play well with others.

The banning/suspensions that I've seen were all deserved IMO. The rules were applied fairly and objectively and from what I saw, those involved were given leeway by the mods before even getting there.

Now I think I'll go start a thread on how GIOs rule and J.Customs suck and see who blows a gasket. ;)

#50 ·
Stunning suggestion of the week:

How about another section only accessible to banned and suspended members... they can go in and tear lumps off each other for a few days, then come back and join civilisation.

Rule number one of banned club.... you don't talk about banned club.
Rule number two of banned club..... on your first day you must fight, etc.

#52 ·
I've seen it here, and another forum I left. Some people are unable to debate idea's withou lowering themselves to name calling etc. I don't know how that happens to people. They get so defensive and threatened in the theater if ideas. I'm happy to disagree with someone, have a sometimes heated debate, and in the end move on. I'm not going to get all bent just because someone else is wrong and refuuses to come around to my correct point of view. ;)

But seriously, there is nothing wrong with disagreement. It's healthy. Who knows, I might be wrong sometimes, and maaybe you'll convince me.

Rock on.

#55 · (Edited)
I don't participate here as much as I used to but have noticed that Glen and the mods are really really patient and understanding.

I have posted plenty of stupid insulting things in the past (still feel bad about being mean to Andy7jem when he posted the urban legend thing) and have only once been banned from a thread so all in all - this is a really grown up place.
I try not to post like an idiot but sometimes the 8 year old mean kid in me just goes for it and posts super stupid immature things.

Sorry if I was mean to you and thanx to Glen for not banning me - I can think of at least two instances where I would have banned me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.