Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Is it me or............

4K views 54 replies 25 participants last post by  dex 
#1 ·
are people getting suspended more often? I have been seeing lots of jemsite members on suspended and banned status and it makes me wonder if the rules gotten a bit more strict around here? Just wanted to chit chat about it and get people's thoughts on the subject.

Jimmy:smile:

#4 ·
I hate to use a flashback comment from 2006, but +1!

Also, because a ton of guys are breaking rules in the classifieds too and there are more mods in that area than ever (plus some really cool helpful Jemsiters :)) so less stuff is creeping through.

#7 ·
Well, looking at recent threads like the one about the guy whose carvin got damaged. I know some members have pushed the limits and gotten themselves suspended but I was surprised to see someone had the "banned" status under his name.

#44 ·
I had a warning myself recently, and to be honest I'm not surprised.
Really? 8O

I'm quite surprised at that! I thought most people here by now would know you well enough to know how passionate you are about certain things, and just standing up for your beliefs isn't a bad thing!!!!

This place would be lost without your knowledgable input!!!!

(even if you do like jazz :razz: :mrgreen: )

#17 ·
olierockstheladies
^^
That's funny. :lol:

But seriously, I noticed a few bans and suspensions, recently. It's too bad. But there must have been a good reason, otherwise they wouldn't have been there (the suspensions and bans).

But it seems that when someone is banned, it's not necessarily forever. I remember a few people being banned and then a short time later, they returned. I thought that was interesting.

Alwin

#14 ·
When posting or reading posts you have to take into account the posters passion, cruelty, or intelligence factor.

Something said to elicit a response due to a passionate or intelligent point of view, is quite different from one said in a cruel or unintelligent way. It is fairly easy to detect the difference between them.

#16 ·
SOMETIMES, might i add sometimes, anyones opinion foesnt make it fact, i got mad at someone, but trully some people just make up accounts just to get banned...i mean they will drive you over the edge, for no reason at all, but to say some slander just becasue they dont agree with you

i got suspended over it, but in the same instance there was a few people dog piling on me, whil i just responded badly to one person.....sometimes i wonder if the instagator can get a suspension, instead of just the person who blows up

#22 ·
I am routinely surprised at how offended and angered many people get at some posts. Then it all goes downhill from there.

Does someone making at statement, regardless of how ridiculous YOU think it may be, affect your well-being that much that you feel they must be harshly corrected or lambasted for making this statement? If so, it's quite possible that you will be suspended/banned/removed from threads.

I think that Screamindemon69 (sp?) is one of the best Jemsiters. He does post a lot of replies, and they are always positively worded and constructive. If he disagrees with your view, he will state it tactfully. Many of us should be following his example.

#28 ·
i know you mean different but that's a terrible analogy. ;)

Acting like an imbicile online is inconsiderate, ignorant and cowardly among other things. Any contestant in the special olympics has more courage and guts than pretty much every banned member combined. :) ...glen

#31 ·
I agree with the elders here :smile:

There's no reason to go postal in a thread just because its views or points may oppose those views that one stands for. There certainly are ways to convey one's feelings without resorting to insults and belittling people. Sometimes it's easier to roam elsewhere in the site until one's frustrations have diminished enough to re-engage in any given conversation.

I originally came to Jemsite to talk to people about guitars. However, in the time I have been here I have become more addicted to this place that it has become not only a place for me to talk to people about guitars but also to talk to friends and share many things with them.

#33 · (Edited)
Lemmie try to explain this. I'm sure I'll do a horrible job but here goes.........................

The Jemsite mods/admin have taken a bit more of a lax approach on the moderation the last couple months giving people a bit more freedom and allowing slight bending of the rules and more freedom in how/what they post. After all it is a forum and not a prison (right?:rolleyes:) We don't want to rule with an iron fist and shouldn't have to...straight up!! But, inevitably (unfortunately) true to form you give people an inch and they take a mile:roll:

Over the last 11 years Glen has instituted/added/modified forum rules for just that reason, all the while keeping it a family community and a damn good one at that!!! Thank you GLEN!!!

This is what has made Jemsite such a great place!

We would like to keep it that way!!

But.....as we have found out first hand, when you don't enforce the rules people see that and push the limits as far as they can go. Must be human nature:lol:

What irks me most are the downright mean/condescending/hurtful posts :mad: Why do people have to be like that?? :| This is a place to learn and grow together!! You can share knowledge and debate such without hurling abuse at each other which in essence ruins the whole concept of debating and passing on knowledge in the fist place!

Anyhow, bottom line: when rules aren't enforced you begin to lose control and we just aren't going to let that happen here;)

This forum has been a wonderful knowledge filled caring community for many years now! The main reason (other than the many awesome members) is the fact that the rules have been enforced over the years!!

Lastly, the only people who have been banned are the people who deserve it and continually push, break rules and are extremely rude and impolite (to put it nicely)

Now not to mention any names *already mentioned earlier in this thread* but one of them is gone for good (too many chances)

The other will be back.

Now come on guys, lets make this work!! Please post with consideration to other folks opinions and try to have a little respect for the others in your Jemsite family. It's a great family to be a part of! Please follow the Classified rules and slack off the chit chat unless it is pertinent to the OP subject!

Laugh, have fun and share/gain knowledge!

*peace love and good happiness stuff*

Oh BTW - Bones is a dork and Jax is a wimp :razz:

WOO HOOOOOOOOOOO!

Exit stage left.....with verve even!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.