<back   Jemsite > Off-topic & Polls > Off-topic / Miscellaneous

Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2005, 01:26 AM

Is Steve Vai a christian?

Is he?
Old 12-04-2005, 01:33 AM

Reviews: 1

Re: Is Steve Vai a christian?

Seems so, but religion is not supposed to be discussed due to the intensity of the discussions that arise from it.
Old 12-04-2005, 01:47 AM

oops sorry
Old 12-04-2005, 01:52 AM

i didnt know that i wasnt allowed to post this
Old 12-04-2005, 01:57 AM

yeah, religion is not a good topic to bring up. but, i will say that steve is a very spiritual person. this has nothing to do with religion. but, you cant tell (if you look) that steve is on a journey or path with regards to spirituality. we are blessed that he chose music over all other paths to express and explore those things most are not even aware of.

steve will continue to evolve/innovate and have no doubt, his spirit will as well.
Old 12-04-2005, 02:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gash
yeah, religion is not a good topic to bring up. but, i will say that steve is a very spiritual person. this has nothing to do with religion. but, you cant tell (if you look) that steve is on a journey or path with regards to spirituality. we are blessed that he chose music over all other paths to express and explore those things most are not even aware of.

steve will continue to evolve/innovate and have no doubt, his spirit will as well.
at the risk of starting something up, i recall reading somewherehe was into "sangmat" or something.. its another one of those "personal well-being" and fluffy "inner-self worth" things.
it also ties in with bhuddism and Islam type religions.

quoting from the FAQ section on vai.com...

Hi, I watched a program on TV the other day about one of the seven wonders of the world, which got me thinking, because they said something about an eye in a triangle/pyramid being on a note. I wasn't really listening untill they talked about the triangle thing. I started listening because I saw the same triangle thing on Steve's album 'Passion and Warfare'. I didn't realise 'til I came to find the email address - it's also on the website. Unfortunately I didn't catch what they said about it on the TV - but it's something to do with 'new order' and alexandria. Could you tell me what this triangle symbol thing means? and why steve uses it?
thank you,
charlie .. big fan of steve

S - "If you research metaphysics you will find mystical meanings for pyramids and triangles, and the power of numerology and the number 7 being a prime focus. I had made many discoveries whilst I was seeking spiritual balance in my life. I believe there is cause and effect based in metaphysics, and the study of which can bring one closer to the roots of the human being. But l have also found that more than not they can be a big deterrent in the progress of spiritual evolution, and at times very dangerous. Numerology, mystics, fortune telling, etc., all have their place and their reality but at the core of the matter, is where the essence of it all really is, and everything else is just an obstacle in getting there. What I'm saying is, I wouldn't worry about the pyramid and the numbers."
Old 12-04-2005, 02:21 AM

All very Da Vinci Code isn't it!!
Old 12-04-2005, 02:46 AM

Yeah, at the risk of starting something up, I quote FTLOG, "Walking the fine line between Pagan and Christian."
Old 12-04-2005, 09:52 AM
(a)
Administrator

lets limit this thread to fact... such as if Steve was Baptized or not, and please no religious debate or it's closed. Thanks... glen
Old 12-04-2005, 10:15 AM

Just a fact - "buddhism and islam type religions" is a mischaracterization. I can hardly think of two more different religions, except that they are most popular in close general geographic areas and their inhabitants.
Old 12-06-2005, 08:03 PM

Steve is not a christian, and doesn't subscribe to any organized religion.

Mikey
vai.com
Old 12-06-2005, 08:08 PM
(a)
Administrator

there you go... glen
Closed Thread

Show/Hide Posting Rules