Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Jemsite iPhone app?

3K views 18 replies 13 participants last post by  BriGuy1968 
#1 ·
I think it needs one.

I'd use it :)

#6 ·
Sorry, but why do you need an app for everything? All an app would do is load the site from the web, and it's just another thing taking up storage on your phone that isn't necessary. At the bottom of the page at the left is a look and feel selector. Select "Mobile Default", and you'll be happy with only the necessary things showing. I use this on my computers too.

If you really need an icon on your home screen just select the bookmark menu option in the Safari browser and select "Add to home screen".

#7 ·
I've asked Glen and the site admins to use forum runner on Jemsite and they don't listen. It's a hell of a lot easier to use on a mobile device instead of opening a browser and having to zoom in to get to the section you want to get to.

Read on:

Frequently Asked Questions

What is it?

Forum Runner is a vBulletin, XenForo, myBB, and phpBB forum add-on that allows your users to access your forum at blazing fast speeds by using a native application installed on their mobile phone (Android or iPhone) or iPad/iPod Touch device. Forum Runner currently supports vBulletin v3.6.x, vBulletin v3.7.x, vBulletin v3.8.x, vBulletin v4.0.x, vBulletin v4.1.x, phpBB v3.0.x, XenForo 1.0.x, XenForo 1.1.x, myBB v1.6.x., IP.Board 3.1.x, and IP.Board 3.2.x.

How Much Does It Cost?

Forum Runner is FREE for forum owners to install on your forums and get listed in our database! Your users can then either use the read-only version, or can purchase the full version for a one-time cost of $1.99. You will find that the Forum Runner app has more features and is cheaper than any competitor. We are constantly adding new features to the app daily and you can communicate directly with our engineers via our Support Forums.

What Mobile Phones Does It Support?

Currently, Forum Runner supports the iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad as well as Android OS devices. We plan to support other devices such as Blackberry and Windows Mobile in the future.
app store
android

How can I make money using Forum Runner?

Forum Runner has full support for AdMob and Google AdSense. You can embed Google AdSense and AdMob ads into the mobile app, which then generated revenue for your AdSense or AdMob account. For more information, see this thread.

Is It Secure?

The Forum Runner plug-in inherits the security framework that your forum software provides. If you have banned someone from your site, they will not be able to log into it via Forum Runner, and if you have private forums or password-protected forums, Forum Runner honors those permissions.

Forum software is constantly being updated, and you should always run the latest version of your forum software as well as the latest version of Forum Runner to get all bug fixes and new features. When you create an account, you should put a valid e-mail address so you can be kept in the loop regarding new versions of the Forum Runner plug-in.

What Forum Software Is Supported?

Currently, vBulletin versions 3.6.x, 3.7.x, 3.8.x, 4.0.x, and 4.1.x, XenForo versions 1.0.x and 1.1.x, phpBB versions 3.0.x, myBB versions 1.6.x, and IP.Board v3.1.x and 3.2.x are fully supported. We are constantly working to add different forum software support. If you have suggestions, please post up in our Feature Requests Forum.

What About Modifications?

If you run modifications to your forum software, it may cause issues with the Forum Runner plug-in. We try to work alongside any other running plug-ins, but we cannot anticipate every case. If you install Forum Runner on your site and something is not working correctly, please post up in our Bug Reports forum, and we will try to get everything fixed.

http://www.forumrunner.net/?p=faq

Jimmy:smile:

#8 ·
I've mentioned this to the site owners on several occasions. Last i was told that a software update was coming and a service like tapatalk would be added. Not sure how that qualifies as "not listen" on my end though? LOL.

Of course these could introduce server vulnerabilities so i'm not personally versed on the matter, other than requesting tapatalk several times due to shifting use toward mobile.

that said as LonePhantom so eloquently stated the forum works great without it also... glen

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.