Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Knight Rider

2K views 28 replies 15 participants last post by  UV-7-BK 
#1 ·
Did anybody check out the new Knight Rider last night? I thought it was pretty good, but then I'm a sucker for shows with fast cars and destruction!

#13 ·
Let me get this straight- The new KITT is a mustang?!!

GM must be in more trouble than we thought. Isn't a show like that basically just an hour long car commercial every week anyway?

Gm could sell thousands of Cobalts? No... Uh, Impalas? No... Monte Carlo's? No, that's Nascar territory...

Come to think of it, does GM even have a model that could be KITT anymore?

#15 ·
I'm sure there was some sort of bidding war that went on between the car companies to get their product placed. They're not ignorant to the value of getting their product into a weekly show, especially in a starring role. As usual, GM has dropped the ball not only in not securing the part for one of their cars, but also for not having anything in their lineup worthy of filling the Trans Am's shoes. Uh, tires. Whatever.

They placed the new Camaro in the Transformer movie, so it's not like they couldn't have gotten one to the Knight Rider set. The GTO is out of production (again), and what's left? The Solstice? Not even enough room for the Hoff's hair-care products, much less a talking computer. Only other choice would be a Caddy, and that just wouldn't taste right either.

#16 ·
It would've been the perfect opportunity to bring out a Trans Am proto, as I'm sure GM will have one when the new Camaro comes out, since the Camaro and the Trans Am are cousins.

When I saw the advertisements for the new series, and I saw that the new KITT was a mustang, I was completely turned off by the whole prospect.

Jimmy:smile:

#20 ·
If I was an AI (and a celebrity AI no less!) I would find a way to blackmail several people into getting me into a Ferrari for a body. Not that the Mustang or the TA aren't nice cars... :p
I wonder why oscillating red lights are still "sci fi" too. Maybe KITT's mom was a cylon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.