Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Liddell vs Ortiz II

5K views 41 replies 14 participants last post by  LethalAe86TypeR 
#1 ·
Alright, Chuck and Tito are going to fight again on Dec 30th, any predictions? Tito seems to have gotten very serious since his string of getting his @ss kicked, and has done very well lately, but hasn't fought any real competition, Forrest Griffin was pretty good, but Shamrock was a joke. Chuck I think reaaaaaaaally doesn't want to lose to Tito, and his takedown defense is the best in the game and I also think he can take a punch exceptionally well. He also hits incredibly hard. Tito seems to be getting over his little punk phase, but I'm going to have to go with Chuck again. I don't think Tito can take him down, if he does, I don't think he can keep him down. 2nd round KO victory for Liddell.

#34 ·
Man, if they got Wandy I would fall over!! I would have to give the edge to the axe murderer if he fought Chuck. And even in pride when he was killing them, he was fighting guys regularly that were much much bigger than him, like Mirko. Wandy is the man.

#35 ·
Wanderlei is a badass, no doubt about it. It's funny that he has actually lost to Tito, and he got knocked out so quick back in the day in by Vitor Belfort.

I would love to see Chuck vs. Wandy, because that would be a very different style of striking. Wandy is pretty fast, where Chuck likes to take his time and go slow. Don't get me wrong, Chuck can unload a fury, but I think it would be a wierd pace for both of them.

I think Mirko needs to come in and clean up the heavyweight division so we have some more exciting fights in all classes, not just a big ogre keeping everyone at distance for 20 minutes.

#38 ·
Yeah, Silvia was boring the day he put on the belt. I had really hoped Frank Mir would take him again if he hadn't had that motorcycle accident. Now Mir looks like a lost cause. Wanderlei has evolved so so much since he got highlight reeled by Belfort.

#40 ·
Chuck showed alot of people that he is the best and hardest hitter in his weight class. I thought Tito would give him a run, but Chuck DOMINATED him the whole fight.
Tito couldnt take him down, and had no other choice but to try standing up, and that was Tito's undoing. UNtil someone can take Chuck down, he will remain the champ.

It was sad however to see Forrest Griffith lose his fight. He was getting pummeled. If the ref would not have stopped the fight, he would have gotten his face crushed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.