<back   Jemsite > Off-topic & Polls > Off-topic / Miscellaneous

Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

Old 11-06-2007, 09:34 PM

Making your home address private on the internet?

My situation is one that is common but I have never been involved in. A few months ago I moved to another state, and have been staying with a friend of mine.Hes actually a real a-hole and havent been too tight with him for about six years. He goes through a relationship every year, so theres no moral dilemma here.

Him and his girlfriend broke up about 5 weeks ago and me and here have ended up together and its a totally fuched up situation. My buddy doesn't know about us but thinks he has found us out by some shiht he found on her phone. We all lived in the same house until last night when all hell broke lose and the cops came and crashed the party. Were both in are late 30's and its not some bs puppy love crap, and we just got a place today. Question is, is there a way to not have your god damn address available on the internet? This guy isn't dangerous, but can be a real turd when it comes to immature sabotage antics.
Old 11-07-2007, 09:09 AM

Reviews: 1

Re: Making your home address private on the internet?

As far as the net is concerned, the address will ALWAYS be there, but the name associated with it doesn't have to be. 1st option is to make sure you don't have your name published when you get phone service. 2nd, get a restraining order against the guy if he's really a problem.
Old 11-07-2007, 09:47 AM
(a)

Reviews: 18

I would just keep my distance from the guy and whatever common friends you have with him, I'd cut them loose too.

Jimmy
Old 11-07-2007, 06:16 PM

Addresses are pretty much open to the public, as well as phone numbers and other basic info. Just tell the cops that you suspect he might be giving you some trouble later on down the road. That way, if he does start any crap, the police will already have a good idea of who it is. Best to nip it in the bud.
Old 11-07-2007, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemuniverse777 View Post
My situation is one that is common but I have never been involved in. A few months ago I moved to another state, and have been staying with a friend of mine. He's actually a real a-hole and haven't been too tight with him for about six years. He goes through a relationship every year, so theres no moral dilemma here.

Him and his girlfriend broke up about 5 weeks ago and me and here have ended up together and its a totally fuched up situation.
Lets see if I understand this..... you think your "buddy" who has given you a place to stay when you decided to relocate is a real @sshole, but you latched onto his "ex" girlfriend who's taste in men must be lacking since she was with this @sshole "buddy" of yours and things are f_cked up?! And now you're worried about him tracking you down because he might act immature?.....

Sounds like that's the least of your worries.....

I'd say dump the new "squeeze" and find a new source for sexual gratification and friends!
Old 11-07-2007, 06:53 PM

I think Woody Harrelson's Character in Kingpin said it best, "You never mow another man's lawn"
Old 11-07-2007, 07:04 PM

Umm yeah... if it really is that serious, you and the girl need to move many states away. That way if he gets a notion to come find you he has plenty of time to sober up or at least think it over before he gets close enough to cause a scene. But yeah... if Springer were still on the air, you'd fit right in.

Good luck to ya!
Old 11-07-2007, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bammbamm View Post
I think Woody Harrelson's Character in Kingpin said it best, "You never mow another man's lawn"
Even if he's not "maintaining" it any more! Good one Bamm!

What's funny is she's still hanging around the "buddy" for him to meet her and after only a few months of being in town he KNOWS this ain't "puppy love crap"..... A sure sign of emotional maturity and the start of a lasting and meaningful relationship! Doh.... why can't we all be so lucky with "love"!
Old 11-08-2007, 10:30 AM

I guess Jemuniverse777 decided not to "appear" here again on the Jemsite "romance troubles" section of the forum. Damn..... I was so lookin forward to seeing more of his whirlwind "love story" posted.

Actually he needs to contact The Jerry Springer show..... heck he can make a few extra bucks telling this story.....

"Did your friend or relative steal your mate and you want to confront them?"
If so, call Tayra at 866-797-6813..... Got this right off the Springer web site!

http://www.jerryspringertv.com/be_a_...be_a_guest.php
Old 11-08-2007, 02:54 PM

JER-RY, JER-RY, JER-RY ! ! !
Old 11-08-2007, 03:10 PM

A full 5 weeks

Sounds like she's properly focused and ready for the next one
Old 11-08-2007, 03:17 PM
(a)

Reviews: 18

I hope "it" "purrs" really good man. At least teach her how to say "Papi!"

Jimmy
Old 11-08-2007, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemuniverse777 View Post
in.

A few months ago I moved to another state, and have been staying with a friend of mine.Hes actually a real a-hole and havent been too tight with him for about six years.

Him and his girlfriend broke up about 5 weeks ago and me and here have ended up together and its a totally fuched up situation. My buddy doesn't know about us but thinks he has found us out by some shiht he found on her phone. We all lived in the same house until last night

I kinda hope this is a joke

I know I'm going to end up kicking myself for posting in this thread.....

BUT...

From the information I just quoted in your post I'm having a bit of a hard time not wondering of your a-hole buddy is only a a-hole for letting you into his house in the first place I'm really not trying to pass any judgement, but if I had a "friend" that brings on the situation you describe in your post I'd start hanging out with people who were trying to kill me.

Just to explain where I'm comming from:

1: This "a-hole" extended hospitality to you... He let you stay in his home for what seems like 5 weeks or more when you apparantly did not have anywhere else to go.

*Note: This is a sign he might not actually be an a-hole but could possibly be considered a real friend... & the good kind. *

2. When He broke up with his girl... one who He apparantly liked enough to live with... not just "some chick we met at the club last night"... instead of comforting your friend who took you into his home in a possible difficult time for him or even perhaps while you WERE doing that for him as long as he was in the same room, you end up hooking up with this/his girl while she & you are still living with him... If this went on for weeks it seems like this might show that you were remaining friendly to his face but all the while back stabbing this "a-hole friend" as he gave you a place to live. There are words not found in Websters dictionaly that describe this behavior

* I know this is a real strech of the imagination, but this could be a sign YOU might not be such a fantastic friend to him.

By some VERY slim chance this might even be a tiny little part of the reason He got upset with the two of you & acted in a way you consider to be a-hole-ish towards you.*

Maybe I just have a really warped sense of what friendship is......

EDIT: I rated this thread excellent for its unusual content

Last edited by 540s; 11-08-2007 at 04:23 PM.
Old 11-08-2007, 08:30 PM

^^^ Damn 540s..... now that's putting it in prospective. I was trying to be a little less direct in post #5! Definitely Springer material!

What's even funnier was he posted here like no one would "see" through this and empathize with him. Kinda makes ya wonder just how low some guys will go for a piece of tail!? <(I mean LOVE)
Old 11-08-2007, 08:48 PM

As hard as I've tried at times I'm not very good at beating around the bush... I always seem to land right in the middle of it.

I guess I have something in common with the OP?

Show/Hide Posting Rules