Ibanez JEM Forum banner

My clients who have dangerous dogs.....

3K views 37 replies 18 participants last post by  Clonetool 
#1 ·
Im bloody fed up with clients of mine who own dogs like Pit bulls and staffies and german shepards. I fix PC's and go to many strange homes.

Lately I have been attacked twice by dogs, whom their owner can barely control

One owner tried to control her pitbull and it attacked her. I ****ing hate these types of dogs. I own a dog and I love dogs, but I dont see the point in owning a dog that could potentially kill a human.

I have recently made a new policy that if you own a dog it must be restrained and away or out of sight from me.

Nothing worse than trying to solve a PC problem under the glare of an angry dog, who cant be controlled by its owner.

Its in essence a weapon which is under its own rule.

its dangerous, and If an owner cant control its dog, then I dont belive they should be owning the dog..

Just a little annoyed, had to let of some steam...

See less See more
#3 ·
There are responsible dog owners, and then there are dog owners who don't have a clue.

If I even think there might be the possibility of an issue when someone comes to my house, I put my dogs outside. I usually put them outside anyway, because they will typically either request it or not come in my house. I always have my dogs secured or leashed when they are outside, and I am always "aware" of where they are and what they're doing.

Some owners don't realize that dogs have basic instincts, and they don't need to run around off-leash or be in areas alone with strangers, because no matter how well a dog is trained, there is the potential for unpredictability.

I wish there were more responsible pet owners out there, because it would make my life a lot easier.

#5 ·
I was at the vet with my Dog yesterday. She was having a checkup on her knee surgery progress. A woman brought in 2 jack russells that proceeded to go nuts at other dogs, and she barely did anything for 5-10 minutes while they tried to attack another dog. Pack mentality.

Every dog was going nuts in the surgery. We got ours under control fairly easily by holding her, petting and talking to her. Under control within a couple of minutes. We also moved to another area of the surgery.

The other woman whose dog was being attacked eventually moved with her daughter in tow. By this point her dog was fretting and making a lot of noise as it was stressed out. She just left it, and of course it kept going on the whole time.

Then it started on another dog. She did nothing and the other woman had to move and hold her dog to calm it down. The only time she did anything with her dog was when her mobile phone rang and whilst she was talking she just kept on pulling on the lead. This funnily enough didn't achieve anything.

It's not hard to really sort out a dog. If it's going nuts take it away from the problem and calm it down by talking to and petting it. If it's a trouble off-leash put it on one and watch it always. Keep a grip. Like wise with Ibanezfreaks situation. You have a stranger coming around to the house to fix something take the dog outside, tie it up, isolate it from the area the person needs to work in. It's basic common sense, not that hard at all.

I understand completely mate, and good on you for putting in the policy. It should be common sense, but obviously to many it's not so you need to tell them outright. I see no problem with that what so ever.

#18 ·
Im bloody fed up with clients of mine who own dogs like Pit bulls and staffies and german shepards. I fix PC's and go to many strange homes.

Lately I have been attacked twice by dogs, whom their owner can barely control

One owner tried to control her pitbull and it attacked her. I ****ing hate these types of dogs. I own a dog and I love dogs, but I dont see the point in owning a dog that could potentially kill a human.

I have recently made a new policy that if you own a dog it must be restrained and away or out of sight from me.

Nothing worse than trying to solve a PC problem under the glare of an angry dog, who cant be controlled by its owner.

Its in essence a weapon which is under its own rule.

its dangerous, and If an owner cant control its dog, then I dont belive they should be owning the dog..

Just a little annoyed, had to let of some steam...
Many people shouldnt own a dog or dogs... but most dogs are kind if the training is right from the begining as a puppy....

I know about 30 Eng staff and i am more safe with them and with a puddle.

Because they are trained right and being used for competition and are family dogs.. but every dog could be dangerous, they all have sharp teeth.

But i am agree with you.... Great policy.

#19 ·
when i was younger i was really terrified of dogs until this day.i was walking along this street and this german sheperd was racing towards me and a kid shouting hey mister get out of the way its vicious.there was knowhere to run top end of the street was a dead end.to say i was sh!tt!ing my pants was a understatement,it was a case of do or die so i waited and stood back and timed it to perfection WOOSHHHHH i volley that dog full force in the chest,it scampered away crying its eyes out.this is something im not proud about i love dogs,but i swear down this thing was going to rip my balls off,now im not bothered about dogs.

#21 ·
Its about the training you give it, not the dog itself.

I own a german shepard and she's soft and turd, she barks a bit when people knock but once they're invited in thats it, thats the way she's been trained.

If you train a dog to be a dick it'll go round attacking people, no more or less than a human will.

#28 ·
Thats nice and all that its the owner etc.. but that doesn't change the fact that these specific dogs, can't be left alone to their own devices. These types of dogs, have the ability to kill, like most dogs, but there is a reason why they have this reputation. Isn't there.

Dont get offended because you own these types of dogs. As a responible owner you must know these dogs can be very dangerous, and shouldn't be left alone with a stranger right ?

anyhoot, It was the second time I had met this pitbull and I admit that the first time round she was very friendly, although she did nip my hands a few times, and the second time I guess she was extra excited to see me, and just went nuts at me and almost bowled me over....

But as far as going to work, I will not tolerate dogs or any free roaming pets while I work on their systems. Its just not needed when im trying to fix a system, and iv got a cat that wont leave me alone or a dog licking my face while im bent over unscrewing a computer etc...

From now on, I must ban all pets... muhahahahahahaha!!!!!!

#35 ·
The 10 most dangerous dogs according to the CDC from least to most dangerous are

Pit bulls
Rottweilers
German Shepherds
Huskies
Alaskan Malamutes
Doberman Pinschers
Chow Chows
Great Danes
St. Bernards
Akitas
yes between 1979 and 1998 "Pit bull types" have been the highest on the list, the problem is ID'ing a American Pitbull vs. a physically similar breed is difficult. Their are 20+ breeds mis ID'd by people and the Police after an attack. Take this online photo test from http://www.understand-a-bull.com/

http://www.understand-a-bull.com/Findthebull/findpitbull_v3.html

Even me a pitbull advocate took 10 tries out of 25 photos.........

List of a few stories where pits were labled as other dogs even Labs......
http://www.understand-a-bull.com/Articles/MistakenIdentity/WrongId.htm

Here is info on WHY THAT CDC LIST MAY BE INAACURATE! http://www.understand-a-bull.com/BSL/CDCReport/CDCReport.htm

A reason why they have this reputation? Maybe the media machine? It creates sensationalism and fear and a sense of unity to the uneducated public i.e. "yeah my cosusins uncles sister got attacked!!! lets ban together in fear and hatred and BAN the breed!"

Kind of like why we are in a war with no purpose, no end for a maniac's ideals and the media is creating fear of "TERROR" and unlike the rest of the world wont show whats really happening to our troops, its working though noone is really questioning the Government are they? Just busniess as usual.

We dont have free press anymore its all owned by the rich few who are becoming richer from the government do they want facts? no just keep us under control with fear.

Heres a tip, a dog or cat no matter what breed is a anmial, just like tigers and bears, they ALL should be treated w/ caution even little teacup poodles. So yes have them lock them up for you!!

Any way Im done with this ignorance, and well lets face it Pit Bull RACESIM.

But people are sheep, they will not take the time to think/see for themselves they just follow the herd, in this mess of humanity
all i have to say is that every dog is the same, yes some have more potential than others

every pit or boxer i came across has never nipped or bit me

they were all raised well and trained well

in fact this may sound weird to you all but ive seen it
my best friendhad two kids, and with both kids
he had a pit bull wich was super nice, and when the baby would be on the couch the pit would sit next to it, and be calm(not a infant but like a year old or whatever) and if anyone the dog didnt know was around or would come near the kid, the dog turned on, and gave u a stare and sound of(get the f away).....would protect both of his kids, when they were babies...it was trully a amazing sight to see...

the dog was amazingly trained and it wasnt even TRAINEd just loved and adored for years

the dog never left the kids rooms ever untill they got bigger that is.....

and most dogs, are just sparky with new people walking up....you know, its like what if YOU had a home and some wack job u didnt know aproaches ur yard and enters your gate and walks up to the door....someone your not expecting, what do you do, say ahoy, what the f can i help u with? right... well not so drastic, but still, most dogs arent violent, they just wana piss on ur legg and show u whos boss

and pluss ive seen more violent ****su dogs than pits ever

but still ive seen some ****ed up pits
i actually adopted a boxer wich was a stud dog and a dog fighting champ they took from a crack house...and he never once made a noise, bark or nip at me, he loved human, but also loved dogs around him, they only thing he didnt like was a basebal bat when we would play in the yard, it must have been part of his fighting trigger

but the dog even tho was abused for 4 years in a dope house....after i had adopted him he was the most adorable sleepy boxer i ever seen, i loved him, but his time came....i miss spike

#31 ·
yes between 1979 and 1998 "Pit bull types" have been the highest on the list, the problem is ID'ing a American Pitbull vs. a physically similar breed is difficult. Their are 20+ breeds mis ID'd by people and the Police after an attack. Take this online photo test from http://www.understand-a-bull.com/

http://www.understand-a-bull.com/Findthebull/findpitbull_v3.html

Even me a pitbull advocate took 10 tries out of 25 photos.........

List of a few stories where pits were labled as other dogs even Labs......
http://www.understand-a-bull.com/Articles/MistakenIdentity/WrongId.htm

Here is info on WHY THAT CDC LIST MAY BE INAACURATE! http://www.understand-a-bull.com/BSL/CDCReport/CDCReport.htm

A reason why they have this reputation? Maybe the media machine? It creates sensationalism and fear and a sense of unity to the uneducated public i.e. "yeah my cosusins uncles sister got attacked!!! lets ban together in fear and hatred and BAN the breed!"

Kind of like why we are in a war with no purpose, no end for a maniac's ideals and the media is creating fear of "TERROR" and unlike the rest of the world wont show whats really happening to our troops, its working though noone is really questioning the Government are they? Just busniess as usual.

We dont have free press anymore its all owned by the rich few who are becoming richer from the government do they want facts? no just keep us under control with fear.

Heres a tip, a dog or cat no matter what breed is a anmial, just like tigers and bears, they ALL should be treated w/ caution even little teacup poodles. So yes have them lock them up for you!!

Any way Im done with this ignorance, and well lets face it Pit Bull RACESIM.

But people are sheep, they will not take the time to think/see for themselves they just follow the herd, in this mess of humanity

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.