i live out in the woods
me and my friend went for a hike today
to a damn for some fishin
about 3 miles hike near a semi steep but managable trail

then we were walkin back
and damn near went dark...my buddy says heres a shortcut, wich it was but

he is 120 pound dude, along with my other friend who is 130/40
they billgoat hop around up this narrow creeckside revine
im lugging 260+ becasue im a gigantisauri cant make it, we get half way up and wam its done DARKNESS, we see mountain lion, bobcats, just stalking us...long story short i basicaly could not manage this revine wich would be ten times dangerous going back down it(approx 2 footballfield we climbed up).

so falling, breaking my shoes, getting stuck in creeck beds destroyed of energy, two hours in the dark...finaly finished it, basicaly passed out had to lay in the road...then hike back get to my car and i just made it back

oh my nasty gezzis bas tard baby from hell, it was two cents shy of a rescue
i would have to endure the embaresment of most extreme videos on spike, i would be in it...this was intense......we all got freaked out, and well....as i told them, strap a backpack with 100 pounds to your back, and then try the hike

im soo out of shape...maybe a few years ago i would have been able to do it

man i cannot beleive im alive right now

See less See more
#4 ·
Dude its all about being prepared. Did you not have torches ? mobile phones? and watch to tell you when you should leave so you have enough time before it gets dark. And as because you live in the good ol US and A did you not have a gun to fend of lions and bobcats.

Wow it sounds like an adventure you had.

In my experience these near death or near rescue situations could have always been averted with some simple planning and preperation. But you also will become stronger going through that ordeal. Next time you will be more carefull, and if you get into that situation again, at least you will have the experience of knowing that you can get yourself out of it.

all in all it sounds like you experienced life. "Good for you " :)

#5 ·
dude and i have tons of guns, i could have brought my sig or my dads s&m 460 either way i DID not know we would get stuck. I DUMPED MY FISHING POLE AND SAID F IT..it was 14.99 walmart pole i got in south lake, but anyways

it was across the hills at my buddies house and we were catching bass every 2 minutes....its a old dam thats just unknown, and its behind his house he dirt bikes back there

it wast a bad hike there, or back it was just his fing shortcut almost killed me

but those guys are tiny

gigantisaur = me

and i did have reception, i was getting txt and all

no torches sorry and no flashlights, we thought we'd be out before sunset but yeah we were wrong

#10 ·
The way you describe your self, it sounds to me like youd've been easy prey.
Naw, if you put your head under the covers, you'll be safe from anything:razz:

Actually, Mountain Lions (puma/cougar) are pretty cool. I have a few with territory on my land. They really don't bother ya and seem to stray away from humans for the most part. If you come across one, look it in the eye and say "hi kitty" (seriously;)) If you have to, yell loud at it and confront it. 95% of the time it will take off in the other direction.

The BIG mistake people make is *running*.

Running = game and then you could be in trouble!

#7 ·
no dude i live off summit rd in teh santa cruz/los gatos mountains

we see tons of stuff, the mountain lions arent really a threat unless you provoke them

they used to run away from my boxer back in the day, but yeah, thank god nothing happened, altho we see those guys everywhere, along with bobcats and deer all the time

#24 ·
no we didnt keep them, just for fun, they are like normaly 8lb bass, its a dam near my buddies house, its nice, we were catching ever couple minutes, i got hooked on 20..but we werent eating them or anything.

Naw, if you put your head under the covers, you'll be safe from anything:razz:

Actually, Mountain Lions (puma/cougar) are pretty cool. I have a few with territory on my land. They really don't bother ya and seem to stray away from humans for the most part. If you come across one, look it in the eye and say "hi kitty" (seriously;)) If you have to, yell loud at it and confront it. 95% of the time it will take off in the other direction.

The BIG mistake people make is *running*.

Running = game and then you could be in trouble!
yeah we see them everyday. everything is kewl.....sometimes we chuck em food, becasue if we dont they will through out trash durring bbq's. one of my neighbors swears he has gotten cloe enough to pet it..

I almost spit out my coffee over this one :lol:

And while I can see the lure of fresh bass for dinner, I wouldn't go again unless you could get back in time to grill them outside in the sunlight. :)
Glad you weren't hurt.
hey man, we blew the time away, if we wanted to cook them, we would have left earlier.

we got caught up in the fun of the line

That is seriously scary !!
hey man, where i like i have a shotgun right now filled with saltshot. it is like a regular shell but with hardened compressed rocks of seasalt. when people come on our properties, sometimes it is crack heads to steal parts off our tractors, or stealing gas cans...etc..its alwys late at night..and legaly were allowed to shoot at them with non lethal shot....also living in the woods - a gun is your only form of policing

What are you doing hiking without a handgun along? Unless you can run faster than wild animals, and unless you sharper claws and teeth. You are crazy to put youself at such a disadvantage.
Aside from that, glad you made it out alive.
eh, weve never had problems, as long as im not running or trippin out on the animals, nobody will harm us

#12 ·
I'll bet the reason that Mountain Lion was following you, is because he thought you were a Sasquatch.

Probably blew his mind, and he called up the bobcats and said "you guys have got to see this." :wink:

Glad to see you made it home safe. And I need to commend you also. lately you have had some really good post's.

Oh, and Ibanezfreak777 do you guys in Australia call flashlights torches? I have never heard that term, refering to a flashlight. Pretty cool.

#25 ·
Gee I better go out and get a hand gun now. All these years of hiking and I forgot to buy one.... :rolleyes:

You've got to be kidding me about the hand gun thing. If you go hiking in sensible places for the most part you will always be safe if you don't panic and use common sense.

If you are going somewhere where there is a real potential danger from wildlife a hand gun isn't going to help you, that's for sure! You'll be wanting a decent rifle or shot gun.

What is the deal with guns?

#28 ·
excuse me i buy my state tags, pay a tax for it, hunt my game and take it to a butcher and eat it till its all gone

i dont hunt for sport and i dont use powered machine guns
i use a 30 odd 6 or a 308 when i hunt

i hunt all for my meat and my dinners wheres it comes out to being 1/10 the cost of meat when you buy in the store

i dont kill animals or fun thank you very much for pointing that out as it is NOT what i do

and bear hunting is just as legal ad hunting deer and has no difference in moral objective....im sure if you like beef...you would like bear meat

hunting is objective, you may not like it, but it does not make it wrong at all

ive never hunted something and didnt take it to my local butcher

and i never said anything about high powered machine guns so dont put words in my mouth

#32 ·
well leave it at that then

and there are lots of rights in the us i am grateful for, but for instance the right to bear arms...i always see it this way

if someone broke into my home, posibly armed, to rob me, and hurt my family at night..cuz its not like crack head robbers are nice about it

it is my life or thiers
i will always put myself and my family first
and i will shoot live amo without hesitation..because its me or them
i take this right very seriously, there is almost no other right other than the right to privacy that i will not give up as a american

even if i lived in a country where guns were illegal, i would still get my hands on one.

#38 ·
here in the uk its a 5 year jail sentence for having guns.(apart from if you have a liecence or in a gun club).you walk the streets of the uk armed and get caught you can kiss your ass goodbye for 5 years.rightly so aswell,this is for the guy who mentioned guns n stuff.firstly you say your in constant pain and always zonked out on meds,but 5 mins later your getting chased off bears and lions falling down cliffs,then you say you suffer constant headaches but has his amp cranked up on 10.hehehe im not having a go at you but your some sort of guy ill give you that hehehe.:).youve been munching too many mushrooms bro.

#41 · (Edited)
you know what BRO dont pull things i say out of context

when i am PUT on my meds due to my blood results being out of the norm or when im in pain..THAT IS WHEN I AM ON THEM, and when im on them i get the headaches...other than that im just as active as anyone else

so dont superimpose YOUR bs on me just becasue you dont feel the same way about guns!!!! take it and burry it elsewhere!!! and i havent had mushies in about 8 years, last time was in college

so id be happy is u kept my private life out of the subject, since if we wana talk about guns, its guns, not my health and how YOU perceive it!

#42 ·
Every single point he made was true. You bring your own life up into half of your posts. That's how forums generally work; if you don't want people to think you're a gun toting, drug taking, mountain lion fighting loose cannon then stop telling people you are. You can't brag about taking drugs on Monday and then complain when it's brought up on Tuesday; that's simply disingenuous. And people have been cutting you slack, lots of it, if you'd notice.

I don't think there's a point in allowing this thread to stay open any longer so I'm closing it. You told your story, people responded, time to move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.