Ibanez JEM Forum banner
9K views 53 replies 31 participants last post by  UV-7-BK 
#1 ·

Yesterday I bought a new cell phone. I got the Sony Walkman W580i. My other phone was over 4 years old. I'm still not all that fond of the phones that are available, but now that I've got this one I'm liking it alot more than when I was originally looking at them.

It's a slider phone, which I think is really cool. It can play mp3s and Sony's proprietary compression "mp3"s. It's also got a 2MP camera as well as a video camera. These are things my old phone couldn't do. Hell, you can even stream FM radio and XM radio to it if you want. It's also got a memory card slot where you can add extra memory. I'm going to be keeping this thing a while.

It's still kinda new I guess, so there's not alot out for it as far as accessories go. I did pick up a clear snap on case to protect it. So last night I decided that today I'd swirl it. Unfortunately, that left me no time to do my other project.

So here you go. It's swirled with every fluorescent color I've got AND has holoflake sprayed on top of it. If you look really closely in the pics below you should be able to see the flakes reflecting in the sunlight. In person it really shows up, but not too well on pictures.

What do ya think? :D

See less See more
#10 ·
I was just having a go at you. I'm glad you like different things than I do. Honestly, the world needs for more people to have their idea of what is cool displayed more often. I'm tired of how so many guitars look the same. And you did do a magnificent swirl on that phone. I expect to see something Loch Ness Green next time. :p

#11 ·

I've already got a LNG body done. I had been working on the headstock, but it's just too humid to do anything else. I might just leave it as done. I cut out a custom Ibanez logo out of MOP. I should've recessed it into the headstock first, but I didn't. Next time.... This project also has the holoflake on it. I just love holoflake. You can't really tell it's on there until the light hits it at an angle and them, BOOM, you get pulled in to the shiney goodness. LOL

#17 ·

Yea, the holoflake that I shot on it has clear mixed in with it. So it should be protected fairly well. At least I hope so. The more I look at it the more I wish it was my guitar. :D I love that swirl!

Very cool. I need to find a protector for my slider phone and have you do that to mine! :lol:

Send it on over. I've gotten a few offers to do swirls already. I can do yours while I'm doing the other stuff. ;)

#25 ·

Some of you had asked for a better shot to show the holoflake and what it does to the paint job. You really have to get it at the right angle, and it's kinda difficult to capture on camera, but it really makes the colors POP! It gives it a wet shimmery look to the fluorescent colors. I know that when I do a guitar body I'm definitely shooting it with this holoflake!

Anyways, here's a few shots where I tried to capture the holoflake in action.

#29 ·
Hey, i want to know how to do this too!! this is awesome.

I just want to know what kind of paint i need to get that swirl effect. And how to swirl also. I have a Sidekick LX in brown and am trying to find out what colors go good with brown. since all the cases that fit the Sidekick leave some of the phone showing.

I hope this is also not expensive. id love to do this.

Just send me the directions anybody.

Most appreciated. :) :)!!!

#30 ·
Hey, i want to know how to do this too!! this is awesome.

I just want to know what kind of paint i need to get that swirl effect. And how to swirl also. I have a Sidekick LX in brown and am trying to find out what colors go good with brown. since all the cases that fit the Sidekick leave some of the phone showing.

I hope this is also not expensive. id love to do this.

Just send me the directions anybody.

Most appreciated. :) :)!!!

This should get you started in the right direction.

#31 · (Edited)
So courtney, when are you going to get a banner and sell your new cell cover swirls? I guess after guitarnutteruk sets up his for swirled golf clubs ;) :lol:

That turned out REALLY nice btw. That would have been a heck of a nice swirl on a guitar.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.