Ibanez JEM Forum banner

New Road Bike Day! Canyon Ultimate CF SLX 9.0 (Superleggera!!)

5K views 18 replies 7 participants last post by  musamassey1 
#1 ·
Received new bike today in the mail. Canyon Ultimate CF SLX 9.0.
6.1kgs on my scales, UCI minimum weight is 6.8kgs. Not even road
legal but Street Lethal (for you Racer X fans :wink:). Seriously light bike.
£4000 of your very best British £££'s. I'm not wise btw!!

Full Carbon Frame/Forks/Post

Full Sram Red Groupset

Mavic R-SYS Exalith wheels.

Will have bike fully built and road ready in the next day or so. Pretty much
identical to the ones below. Will post my own pics asap:

See less See more
#3 ·
That is beautiful!!! Is it riding weather there?

LOL at the wise comment !!! When it comes to gear, I'm right there with you!!!

I have 2 of the same style of amps coming tomorrow. A deluxe and a junior. :) Luckily I am still loving my Klein 12 years later.
Thanks Satch, much appreciated. Nope not riding weather here. Our drive for the last
week has been covered in an inch of solid ice. Makes no difference to me as I busted
my ribs 3 weeks ago in a mountain bike accident so I'm outta action til at least Feburary.
The winter here dictates that us road cyclists have to mountain bike in the winter to keep
our core fitness up. I've a pro indoor spinner bike as well.

Nice one on the amps. I'd say I'm equally as anal when it comes to Gear. If you're
gonna do something do it right.

Lol at the Wise comment!! Sometimes I have to remember not to try and use local
slang when posting on forums. I'm from Northern Ireland, the only accent in the world
that can make 'Thank You' sound like a death threat!! LMFAO!!

#9 ·
Hope the ribs heal soon!!!

My trainer has been setup in my office for 3 months, got a few rides in before my back decided to go in 3 different directions. I have a mini marathon in May and plan on doing some cycling/camping trips with my boy this year.

IBZ, i dont see pics yet!!!!!!! :)

#13 ·
Hope the ribs heal soon!!!

IBZ, i dont see pics yet!!!!!!! :)
Thanks!! I'm waiting on the carbon pedals I ordered to arrive.
Local bike shop was supposed to get them for me then couldn't
so had to order them online.

Wow that is nice. I'm planning to buy my first road bike soon. Wont be as nice as yours but I'm excited it about it anyway.
Cool!! Got anything in mind??

That is a sweet looking ride!!! Sorry to hear you broke your ribs Paul - I hope you feel better soon! Too bad you aren't out here in Vancouver today - it's going to be nice riding weather - sunny and 13 C (56 F)..
Cheers Ron!! Def on the mend. Think I'll be okay to ride again this weekend.
Sounds like you are having some great weather. It's snowing here as I type this.

#15 ·
Having good company really helps. :lol: The 120 miler we didn't hit too hard (averaged about 16mph - we were closer to 17 before one of my buddies cramped up), but we got on the road in downtown Boston at 6AM, made it to the bridge over a canal to the Cape in time for a slightly late breakfast and stopped at a Friendly's for breakfast sandwiches (bad move, this is why my buddy cramped up), and then cruised on for the rest of it, stopping periodically for water or calories, and got to our hotel on Provicentown in time to have a few beers in the pool before dinner and then go out and eat a LOT of raw oysters at an awesome restaurant overlooking the beach. Good time. :D

#18 ·
Thanks man!! Itching to get out a blast on it, I swear this is the
last time I buy or build a bike over the British winter. I built my
other carbon bike, a Kuota Kuraro in late October I think. Still haven't
ridden that bike in anger either.

Anyhoo full review of the Canyon here for any of you roadies
that are interested:

http://road.cc/content/review/85070-canyon-ultimate-cf-slx-90-sl

#19 · (Edited)
I wish I could buy such a great bike. :cautious: I believe in Gravel bikes and really love them. Few years before, I also had a gravel bikes. And I remember the day when I bought new tires for my bike through online purchase. The tires were super. But unfortunately, I've lost these tires, and feeling very sad. I spent a lot of money, but what could we do, they had gone. So leave it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.