Ibanez JEM Forum banner

No more guitar, maybe. :(

8K views 116 replies 18 participants last post by  Laobi 
#1 ·
Hey guys. I'm up again, as usual, but tonight it's pain induced. :(
Not looking for sympathy, just bored and wanted to let you guys know, I won't be doing the 'challenge' this month, or any month soon, it seems......
I told Jeff I did NOT want to get on that 4-wheeler, I'm afraid of those things, but he said he'd take it easy, yeah, okay.
A broken arm and two torn (and now stitched) tendons later, I'm sitting here typing with one hand and a cast all the way up to my elbow. :(
It's amazing that they get you in and out pretty fast for 'just' a broken bone though.
Well, if you consider 10 hours 'fast'.
I don't want any 'aww, poor Meechy' posts, okay? :p
It is what it is.
The doctor said the tendons tore pretty bad, and he's not sure how well they will heal, so we won't know until I get this cast off and can move my fingers again. I thought I'd broken my wrist too, it bent back so far I thought it was going to tear my hand off.
So, now, if it doesn't have doors and a roof, I'm not going anywhere near it.
And if his father does end up giving him that motorcycle......well, "Okay honey, I'll follow you in my Sonata." ;)
Off to bed. Took a Percocet and I'm starting to feel it. Night guys.

See less See more
#54 ·
Sorry, but I think this is ridiculous. Why turn a name into innuendo? We have a female member that contributes positively to the forum, and is now being teased with school yard crap. There's a reason why many females stray away from joining these sorts of forums, don't make another well-valued member turn away just for your own puerile amusement. :rolleyes:

#56 ·
Thanks, I appreciate that.
All of it. :)
I don't mind a little teasing and innuendo, just read some of the exchanges I've had with Rich (I can't look at a ladder the same way anymore. LOL), but this is going a little too far.

:(

*gives Meechy an awesomely swirly lollie pop*

I'm sorry!
Thanks, it's okay. It was just getting a little out of hand is all.
A few was fine, funny even, but now it's just getting childish.
Also: my fiance may be joining the forum, and I really don't think he'll understand all this. He knows I like to be 'flirty' online, and he's fine with that, he knows it's no threat to him, but this kind of thing is likely to piss him off.
And you don't piss off a 6'4", 200+ pound man that has very little body fat. ;)

#58 ·
Hey, rich started it ;)

We're just joking. Everyone knows that. Let's not blow it out of proportion. no need to make everything serious. Nobodies being disrespectful. if our friend meechy were to be affected personally in any way by our jokes, I would think she would personally pm us and ask us to stop, because she's not going to drop off the face of Jemsite because we play around on the term "meechy". Edit (and she just said it's going a little too far. Duly noted)

Turning a name into innuendo? I said that because it's a cheeky joke. Thanks for taking everything literally. If you haven't noticed, this board has some humor to it. There are some ongoing jokes pertaining to LADDERS.

I have reddish hair. Go ahead. Call me something. Make it hurt too.
There's a point where joking goes too far. You took it too far (along with others). If you don't know that line then you've clearly got some growing up to do. It was obvious that Meechy was not happy with where it was all going. I'm not taking things "literally", I can see where things are going, and it was too far...

#60 ·
Ahhh you got that quote in before I decided not to invoke a response! But you did respond...

I started typing a long winded response until I realized- this is stupid. This is an online forum, I am merely but a presence of words on your computer screen. Im not here to please you, nor me you. So while I had a nice little retort coming for the "clearly you haven't grown up" (love that little stab at age thing, if I had never included my age it would be a shocker for you to use the same phrase!) but I've decided against it because it's petty.

#61 ·
Guys, thanks in advanced for toning it down. It's like the AP beating his kid with a stick that he felt was ok until he was cuffed and now faces charges and indefinite suspension from pro sports.

So we are clear and there is no confusion Rich and everyone please curb the ladder innuendo & any explicit references. This site is pg-13 :) TIA... glen

#62 ·
All our childishness was done with affection and not to be malicious. I don't even remember who started it, but it was pretty good. It has run it's course, time to forget about it for awhile, but I'm sure it won't be the last time somebody says something about his meechies. and maybe Me-she will laugh a little the next time, it might be funnier then.

#64 ·
I'm shocked at that one and glad I missed it. Too bad you didn't. It's West "By God" Virginnie gosh darn it!

Here you're hurt and we're having fun at your expense [although I think it started before you smashed into the ground]. Only arseholes would do that, some bigger than others, but count me among them.

#65 ·
Well; it hurt too that this went so far on the very same thread where I shared with you guys, whom I consider 'long distance' friends, a pretty traumatic event, and it degenerated into man/woman part associations with my nickname.
It did start on another thread, but it really took off here, for some reason.
Water under.
And yes; it is West 'By God' Virginnie....where the people are friendly and teeth are optional. :p
Remember the old joke about how the 'toothbrush' was invented in West Virginia?
I'm sure you either know, or can guess, the punchline. :D

#67 ·
Didn't get my hair pulled much in grade school. :(
I wasn't very popular. Not that I'm crying about it. Those cake-faced Barbie-Dolls in high school (and even grade school) didn't like me, and I didn't like them.....the boys usually flocked around those girls.
I run into some of the girls I grew up with when I would go to clubs (not so much going these days) and some of them are still <bleep>s.
This one <bleep>, she used to pick on me something awful. Ran into her one night. She looked down her nose at me and said, "Gee, aren't you ever going to grow?"
So I retorted, "Aren't you ever going to 'grow up'? Oh, this is my fiance, Jeff. Jeff, this is Susie." He stood up and turned from the bar, pretty much towering over everyone, making her boyfriend look 'tiny' and shook both their hands, the perfect gentleman. The look on her face. :twisted:
As for the boys that liked to ignore the 'nerdy girl', it's nice when I run into them too, sometimes.
Not trying to sound immodest but, I have on a few occasions pushed a chin up. "My eyes are up here, a-hole." LOL
Digression: This Windows on-screen keyboard works pretty well. I can type pretty fast using just my mouse! LOL (it does give word suggestions, similar to a smartphone keyboard, pretty cool)
D'oh! Darn did that sound nerdy! LOL

#75 ·
Check out Skullgirls. It's not your typical 'Street Fighter/Mortal Kombat' kind of game.
It's, well........the creators have been accused of exploiting women by those that don't like the game.
I just love the game mechanics. It's really satisfying to win a round after a 70 hit combo. :p
And you REALLY have to be good with the buttons to pull some of the really cool combos off.

#77 ·
Hey, Meechy, I truly am sorry. Like you I consider people here as long distance friends. Amongst friends here in Aus we kinda rib each other a lot. Male or female. Body parts aren't taboo.

I didn't mean any harm, truly. Nor any flirtatiousness if there was any, just good old friendly ribbing. Doesn't really come across right on forums, or translate across areas it seems.

Hope you heal up soon, and still hang about on here and post up in the comp's when you can pick up your guitar again.

#79 ·
Hey, Meechy, I truly am sorry. Like you I consider people here as long distance friends. Amongst friends here in Aus we kinda rib each other a lot. Male or female. Body parts aren't taboo.

I didn't mean any harm, truly. Nor any flirtatiousness if there was any, just good old friendly ribbing. Doesn't really come across right on forums, or translate across areas it seems.

Hope you heal up soon, and still hang about on here and post up in the comp's when you can pick up your guitar again.
It's all good, Wilch.
I get that it's (mostly) just fun, but think about it; if a bunch of people you only know through text on a screen started really making fun of your name, and applying it to 'private parts' of people's anatomy, it would make you uncomfortable too, I'd think.
It was the 'West Vagina' poke that really made me feel wrong, and it made it that much more personal since, with that, my home was made fun of too, but forget about it. :)
Thanks for the good wishes. Six to eight weeks the cast comes off, then therapy. :( I'm going to ask the doctor when I see him again if playing guitar would be good 'therapy'. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.