Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Okay... new members: Locations please!

88K views 249 replies 209 participants last post by  Yaroslav Fadeev 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Okay, I know I'm not a moderator, but I just noticed that a lot of new members aren't putting their location in their profile.;)

It would help a lot if you did this so we don't have to ask where you live first in order to answer your questions. Plus I think it's interesting where all those new jemsiters live.:)

If I'm out of line here Glen, tell me. I was just getting annoyed by that, sorry... If this topic is in the wrong area please move it, I just figured that a lot come here to the off-topic forum and might see this earlier than when they stumble into the Forum Anouncements forum after a couple of months...

Okay, sorry,

Fabe ;)

#27 ·
about location

hi, I´m from Poland, not far away from thr german border, the city is called Stettin(in German), Szczecin (in polish). I´ve found this page, because my boyfriend heard about Ibanez and that they are really good in producing guitars. Before, he used to play Steinberger and Les Paul but now he´s totally crazy about Ibanez. We find here a lot of useful informations!!! Thanks for this site guys!!!

#35 ·
I am from Asheville, North Carolina USA... if ya want to know what its like here, just stand out in the woods and listen to some Hank Jr.. It’s a musician's hell.
We also have no REAL music store... just a crappy McFadden's wannabe.
Want to REALLY pity me? I don't have a JEM... I have an original RG550 "Wizard" neck on an even older Roadstar body... (a 24 fret neck on a 22 fret body) with only one "tapping" humbucker and the original Edge... but that don't slow the fingers much.
Needless to say, jobs here don’t pay that great. lmao

As this is my first post, I would like to say hello to everyone! I have been lurking here for quite some time (I even sat quietly when my idol Steve Vai posted)
This is a really useful site and I would like to say thanks to its creator(s)

#36 ·
Welcome David!

Don't fret too much about being stuck in the South with Hank Jr. & Toby Keith. I happen to enjoy listening to a bit of Country & especially Bluegrass myself.

I'm familiar with guitarists Ricky Skaggs, Vince Gill, Roy Clark & Junior Brown. I'm also glad that Willie still has a few tunes left in his old Martin.

My favorite artists are more on the Bluegrass side of the fence: Alison Krauss & Union Station along with Dobro master Jerry Douglas. I caught a performance of theirs on the DVD, Alison Krauss & Union Station - Live. If you haven't seen it, you're missing a great performance by some talented musicians.

#39 ·
Yeah, my dad wouldn't listen to anything but country and old country and oldies, and it was just sort of an unwritten rule (also had MTV and VH1 blocked, still do to this day) that me or my sister wouldn't listen to anything else. So in the past 2 years I took the initiative to buy some other kinds of music, and it's been a fun journey! :) Needless to say, I hate the music I listened to the majority of my life.

#40 ·
jono said:
I can walk into almost any Ibanez dealer and find a BTB JS1000, whereas folks in the USA have to custom order it, or grab one from Rich. Mesa Boogie amps cost at least twice over here what they do in the States.
Damnit, I want to move to England. Not only do you have access to cooler guitars, but you can say things like "oh bollocks!" and "bloody hell!" without sounding silly. ;)

#41 ·
CQ7String said:
jono said:
I can walk into almost any Ibanez dealer and find a BTB JS1000, whereas folks in the USA have to custom order it, or grab one from Rich. Mesa Boogie amps cost at least twice over here what they do in the States.
Damnit, I want to move to England. Not only do you have access to cooler guitars, . . .
And much higher prices :wink:

#43 ·
this thread reminded me...

...i need to start changing the locations on ALL of my stuff. internet profiles, emails, and the like. i'll be moving to Bowling Green, Ohio in a month for physics graduate school!

that's Bowling Green, Ohio. it's about an hour east of my hometown, in one of the flatest parts of ohio :( .

i'm gonna miss cincinnati :x

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.