Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Paypal e-cheque issue.

1K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  Zoot 
#1 ·
I just had someone buy a Nice Carvin from me with BIN on ebay.
He/she has paid through Paypal with an e-cheque. I've never dealt with this kind of payment before so I called Paypal and they say once its cleared (about 7 days ) the money will be put into my account and as long as I send the item with tracking I will be covered.
The buyers ebay account has zero feedback and it states that the buyer is based in Bangladesh. I mentioned this to the paypal guy and he says as long as the funds clear and I post with tracking I'll be fully covered.

Anyone ever had this before.

The delivery address is in the UK btw and so am I.

#4 ·
You must wait until it clears. As long as it clears and you ship to the Paypal registered address you should be fine. That's where you are covered by the seller protection. And as an echeck he has no card protection so Paypal would not be likely to side with him in a dispute.

Of course if you'd rather not take the chance you can always refund it, cancel the sale, and tell them it's just too far outside the box for you.

#5 ·
The account is attached to the UK address and I'm totally paranoid about anything that makes me twitch. I've had another offer else ware for £50 less than the asking price + the guy will pay cash on collection so I may just cut my losses and do that deal instead.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.