Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Resume/Summer Job

881 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  jb4674 
#1 ·
I'm going to be handing my first resume to a business tomorrow for a potential summer job (repairing/building computers). The owner told me two years ago that as soon as I turn 16, he'd hire me, but then again, that's been two years ago. I don't know if he'll remember me.

Any tips?

#2 ·
Pull your hair back (if it's long), dress as someone who wishes to attain success, cover the tattoos (if you have them). If they don't call back in a day or two, follow up. Looks good to an employer to have someone who wants to work, and inquires about the job. References from school are good as well...

#3 ·
#4 ·
Wear a nice shirt & tie with khakis and a decent pair of shoes. With an employer, first impressions always count. Be elegant and eloquent when you talk to the guy. Personally, I would call the place and find out if the guy's there, so you go and talk to him directly. Be candid with the guy and be straight up about you wating the job.

Hope this helps & good luck!

Jimmy:smile:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.