Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Saw a couple of great movies recently (recommend a movie master thread)

100K views 882 replies 155 participants last post by  Captain Ron 
#1 ·
Watched the Departed the other day. WOW. I really think this had to be Jack Nicholsons best.
I was really shocked at how great DiCaprio was. He really is a great actor.
After seeing the Titanic, I kida wrote him off. Then he did Gangs of NY and I kinda liked his acting. But with The Departed, he out did himself.

Also watched The Illusionist with Ed Norton. Another top notch movie.
Really surprised me how great the movie was.
Jessica Biel is really a beautiful female.

#140 ·
Thought I would comment on a few movies too

If your looking for a few lower budget movies that most people haven't taken the time to see then netflix these; Poolhall Junkies, Shade, Green Street Hooligans, and Shallow Grave (the ewan mcgreggor one not the crapy horror movie one)

As far as Prestige vs Illusionist... as much as I think Jessica Beil is beyond hot I'm gonna give this one to the Prestige. If I wanna see Jessica I can put in Chuck and Larry or that baseball movie hmmm or Rules of Attraction she was hot in that too and its a cool movie.

I've seen almost every single movie mentiond here except that lions and lambs one, but thought I would put out a few off the wall good ones too.

Thanks
Mike

#143 ·
Well finally saw Spiderman 3, and OMG did it suck some serious balls. First of all, it had waaaay to much story crammed into the movie, its like they said "Well, this is going to be the last one, so lets cram a potential of 3 full movies all into 1!" and what the hell was with the Emo Peter, seriously, that right there totally ruined it for me, Damn I thought I was watching a Fallout Boy video... I give it 3.5 out of 10.......

Well, on the plus side of things, I also saw Grindhouse: Planet Terror and OMFG did it rock. Sick gore, awesome story, awesome actors (Tom Savini FTW!!!) and just all around great gory fun from start to finish in the style of Slither meets Sin City meets George Romero.. 8.5 out of 10 \m/

#150 ·
Well, on the plus side of things, I also saw Grindhouse: Planet Terror and OMFG did it rock. Sick gore, awesome story, awesome actors (Tom Savini FTW!!!) and just all around great gory fun from start to finish in the style of Slither meets Sin City meets George Romero.. 8.5 out of 10 \m/
Planet Terror was great! But i kinda liked Death Proof a little more.

I recently saw Rescue Dawn (ofmg @ that snake scene towards the end! i cringed)

#161 ·
PJ has a pretty good record. I really really hope he nails the Halo movie.

http://imdb.com/name/nm0001392/

Peter Jackson (I) has 4 in-development credits available on IMDbPro.com. To view these credits click here.
Producer:

* In Production
* 2000s
* 1990s
* 1980s

1. The Hobbit (2010) (announced) (executive producer)
2. Halo (2009) (announced) (executive producer)
3. District 9 (2009) (pre-production) (producer)
4. The Lovely Bones (2009) (filming) (producer)

#163 ·
At least he has a hand in The Hobbit, I don't think Sam would do a good job without him. Because, seriously, Spiderman 3 was the total suckage. And there has not been 1 really good video game to movie made as of yet, but if anyone can pull it off, it would be PJ or Del Toro. After seeing Pan's Labyrinth, I thought Del Toro would be the perfect director for The Hobbit.

#173 ·
Hostel 2 was awesome. My only gripe was they didn't show the killing of the 2nd girl, he just brought back a souvenir from her to girl #3. Also the little switcheroo with the brothers totally got me by surprise.

has anyone seen Walk Hard yet? I totally want to see it...same with AVP2...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.