<back   Jemsite > Off-topic & Polls > Off-topic / Miscellaneous

Off-topic / Miscellaneous Talk about miscellaneous stuff off-topic and not related to music, guitars or bands. No music, gear or anything guitar related here please.

Old 01-31-2013, 01:55 PM

Re: Saw a couple of great movies recently (recommend a movie master thread)

Recent movies I remember watching.

Midnight in Paris - Not bad, definitely one of Owen Wilsons best movie.
Hugo - Terrible movie, its just boring, and I didn't see the point of it.
Argo - Great movie.

Also for you guys with Netflix check out unblock.us to access the entire world netflix catalogue
Old 01-31-2013, 06:55 PM

Reviews: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6fingers View Post
Prometheus = Only scenery is beyound belief...................AMAZING.I was expecting a really deeper story, it's not bad but it adds nothing to that kind of story, I couldn't relate to any character cause they're shallow, it didn't matter if they were dead or alive, feeling good or in pain cause whatever they were feeling, their shallowness kept me away from feeling it too.Still a must see for those who like sci fi and again scenery is...........AMAZING!

Haven't seen it yet, Noomi Rapace is in it i know(Swedish).
Old 02-01-2013, 09:29 AM
(a)
Administrator

Reviews: 1

Prometheus is must-see sci-fi plus no fantasy elements... the rare sci-fi movie that made you think about what happened and actually want to investigate/read more online. Sure some of that is because it had some plot holes and hollywood interference but that is pretty much any movie today. One could also argue the plot holes were to leave things up for interpretation by the viewer (not used to not being spoon fed).

Anyone going in thinking it's an alien prequel or something will be disappointed however. There is one great/suspensful scene that pays homage to alien with the female scientist (Noomi R.) though .. glen

ps - "This is 40" was a funny comedy that also mocked most of it's audience of very shallow people. Probably for late-20 somethings and older though. "Skyfall" was great but a bombscare in the local theatre made me miss the last 20 minutes Out on bluray soon though.
Old 02-01-2013, 12:11 PM
(a)

Yes "This is 40" was very funny and just a great movie all around IMO...

Another movie I really liked was "Jeff Who Lives at Home"... I really thought it was going to be a goofy comedy, so I was really surprised...
Old 02-01-2013, 06:42 PM
Banned

Reviews: 64

Thunder Alley (1985) - Great movie about starting a band and chasing your dreams.There's good music there, of course it's from 1985 so video/audio quality is bad but a good story is a good story no matter quality, it shows band problems, drugs, ego etc, not a master piece but a good movie for sure.First time I watched was around 1988, me and my friends were trying to start a band and it felt like it was made for us, for some years we used to watch it every month and in all our parties, there was always a tv somewhere playing it.I just watched it last night and it took me to 1988 when I was a teen just trying to make music and still had dreams about it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEtQZF8SoG4
Old 02-04-2013, 10:10 AM
Banned

Perfume: The Story of a Murderer (2006) - AWESOME movie, it kept my eyes glued to the screen till the end.Everything there is unexpected and dark, for so long I haven't watched a so different and exciting story. People who love Twilight will think this is weird or even an abomination , I think it's awesome
Old 02-07-2013, 10:32 PM
Banned

Memoirs of a Geisha (2005) - As I love learning about other cultures and stuff, to me this movie is awesome.Don't know how to describe it, it kept my eyes close to the screen till the end.The same happened with Curse Of The Golden Flower (2006).

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0397535

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0473444/
Old 02-09-2013, 02:44 PM
Banned

Skyfall - Finally a Bond movie which is not over exagerated and depending only on dumb chasings with impossible things happening but...NOTHING happens there, it's boring, there's no story and not even dumb chasings , millions of dollars for what?And it's a too long movie when nothing is happening, again another dumb vilain who mess up his own plan, Bond does nothing.
Shanghai buildings are cool and I'd love to do some base jumpings there............................hmm and that dragon should've ate Bond.
Old 02-10-2013, 01:25 AM
Banned

Damn I wanna watch it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS-L_6bpqbc
Old 02-10-2013, 10:04 AM
(a)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6fingers View Post
Yeah man I am definitely looking forward to that one!
Old 02-10-2013, 12:19 PM

Reviews: 4
Talking

Watching Battleship. Its a pretty killer movie. There's a bunch of pretty much unknown actors plus Rihanna and Liam Neeson. I loved it!
Old 02-10-2013, 12:40 PM
(a)

Just watched this one http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0971209/?ref_=sr_1 "A Perfect Getaway" with Milla Jovovich...

A great departure for her from Resident Evil and a wicked good movie
Old 02-11-2013, 03:59 PM
Banned

Outlander (2009 ) - When it started I thought it was going to be a great movie to fall asleep, probably crowded by crap effects and dumb dialogues.............what a surprise.Effects are cool and used only when they are needed, they help telling the story, some scenes are beautiful and there's a good friendship vibe there.Of course there's nothing new, it's like Predator movie with a different "skin".It's not exagerated and dumb, in fact I had fun watching it and didn't fall asleep.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0462465/

Last edited by 6fingers; 02-11-2013 at 08:29 PM.
Old 02-12-2013, 07:21 AM
Banned

Apartment 143 - Wow that was scary, better than all Paranormal Activity together.I don't care about paranormal stuff but the way that director directed all scenes made they look kind like...............real.It's short, it's as long as they needed to be, longer it'd get boring.Oscar to that director who could've turned it into another Paranormal Activity but he didn't, he turned it into some exciting.
Old 02-12-2013, 04:49 PM
(a)

Saw "Warm Bodies" yesterday and I was kind of disappointed in it. It was kind of funny, but it seemed like a zombie chick flick. No scary parts really at all.

I love zombie movies like Dawn of the Dead and even Zombieland, but Warm Bodies really didn't live up to its potential...

Sitemap:1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29